Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SholasBoy
    replied
    The first remix was not really to my taste, but it was alright, now they've turned it into some awful trap sounding thing and now I believe it's one of the worst remixes I've ever heard.

Leave a comment:

• nekoocz
    replied
    It’s not good … not the remix, not the video

Leave a comment:

• nekoocz
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    She looks her usual 63-going-on-33 self in the video
    the BTS is not as complimenting as the video. It’s more like 63-doing-WTF-is-that

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by SerbianInLA View Post

Why Madonna, why? Who's this for? Herself? It certainly isn't for her fans nor the general public.
    You’re 100% right and we have always known this, so I don’t know why it’s causing an issue now

The remix was a viral hit at the start of the year, being used on TikTok by teenagers. Madonna wasn’t credited but she took it down, agreed to release it and it’s now an official release that has probably been streamed over a 100m times. Let her have her little moment and see if she can extend it - the same teenagers who made this remix go viral have now made Material Girl go viral (it was the #1 song on TikTok a at the start start of March).

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    She looks her usual 63-going-on-33 self in the video

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    Originally posted by YoungAndReckless View Post
    LOL@all the Crybabies. The video is good, Madonna looks hot and obviously she doesn't need your permission to remix any of her old songs or put out a new video out there. Get a life plz
    Well no aritst needs our permission to do anything so if that means that we cannot critisize a thing they do, we might as well close down this forum...

Leave a comment:

• YoungAndReckless
    replied
    LOL@all the Crybabies. The video is good, Madonna looks hot and obviously she doesn't need your permission to remix any of her old songs or put out a new video out there. Get a life plz

Leave a comment:

• GaGarazzi
    replied
    I love the new video. She's looks amazing in it. Love the slightly extended version of the song they used in the clip too as I find the version on Spotify is too short.

RIP the dog in the video which I'm assuming after 24 years appearing in the original music video is no longer with us. Legacy continues haha

Leave a comment:

• Zeph
    replied
    So out of deference to Queen of Pop, I am chiming in with my two cents:

The video—shot in 4K-— portrays Madonna in the likeness she has portrayed; her imagery remains distinct and this remix does not erase the original Frozen. In fact, it is still available to stream—listen and watch— today. This version adds another layer to a 24 year old paradigmatic song which ushered Madonna’s take on Electronica with the ROL album.

Madonna has never been a follower. She carved out her own path and tribe and through the decades, yes 4 decades to be exact, she has toyed with our musical senses and expressed herself to a liking that was not necessarily geared to the masses (well perhaps Warner had to twist to her arm with COTD after AL but she created it on her terms.).

The song, the hook is contagious. Fireboy DML provides an added take to a classic and, in turn, introducing her and her art to a whole new generation.
    Madonna would’ve been damned if she would have let this viral remix go ignored and she is still being lambasted for actually embracing it with a video to boot.

Leave a comment:

• SerbianInLA
    replied
    It's really a disaster. When I think of all the singles she never released the videos for ("Get Together" - a proper video, "Miles Away", "Masterpiece", "Hold Tight") and all the songs that potentially could've been great singles with videos ("Impressive Instant", "Nothing Fails", anything from COADF, "Beat Goes On", "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You", "Love Spent", "Faz Gostozo" - probably the only "Madame X" song that could've been a hit)...

Why Madonna, why? Who's this for? Herself? It certainly isn't for her fans nor the general public.

Leave a comment:

• maroon
    replied
    This is a disaster.

Leave a comment:

• oaknuys
    replied
    Why on earth she agreed to have one of her must iconic vocal deliveries butchered like that is beyond my imagination.

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Hope the other remixes for her new project will be better.

I have streamed (the finally digital released) Don't Cry For Me Argentina remixes more last week.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by breatheonme View Post
    I wonder what the significance of that robot head is at the end of the video
    Sickick’s mask, I think.

Leave a comment:

• breatheonme
    replied
    I wonder what the significance of that robot head is at the end of the video

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    I’m not necessarily a fan of the remix, but the video is definitely fire.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    That was a real rollercoaster - at first I was oooh I like this, and then I thought oh wait, no - wtf is this. And then I thought hhhoh THAT sounded fire, oh there it goes away again.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    This is not good

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by basticasas View Post

all that effort and the video isn't good enough as the original :/
    The original still exists. Frozen was released 24 years ago - there is room for both versions to exist without being in competition with each other.

For this song, for this remix, for 2022, for a 63 year old woman, this is about as good as it gets for what is (currently) nothing more than an unplanned side project.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Ooooh I like the video!

Leave a comment:

• basticasas
    replied
    Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
    The video is out:

all that effort and the video isn't good enough as the original :/

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    The video omg, only Madge

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    I love the video - I think she looks amazing.

Leave a comment:

• breatheonme
    replied
    The video isn't bad. It just looks like her regular Instagram videos tbh just in 3 minutes long

Leave a comment:

• croatiaxtina
    replied
    Horrible video.

Frozen is my all time fav video.

We didn't need this one

Leave a comment:

Working...
X