X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
    I just want a proper new studio album with 1 or 2 producers so it’s cohesive & not forced.
    That’s the dream.

Leave a comment:

• adamf2thedeath
    replied
    I just want a proper new studio album with 1 or 2 producers so it’s cohesive & not forced.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
    Why is she so obsessed with improving Sickick original remix version, apparently she is. She tried with those rap shit artists, then adding new verses, give up woman.
    All in all it got her hundreds of million streams she wouldn’t otherwise have. On Spotify alone she’s at over 80 million streams (combined) and Frozen (Remix) is on course to be her most streamed song released after 2005.

The other reason is because there’s method in her madness. All of these remixes contribute to her stats - they’ve driven her daily streams up, they’ve driven her monthly listeners up and most importantly, from people who weren’t already playing Madonna songs.

Now when she releases new music, her new releases will sit in the ‘release radar’ and ‘new releases for you’ sections of peoples account, giving her exposure she just cannot buy.

With a remix album due to be released this month, people who already enjoy Frozen Remix might decide to check out some of her other remixes if they’re waved in their face. I’m not saying it will work, but it’s by far the better promotional route into an audience she otherwise would have been ignored by.

And what has it cost her? A few remixes and a couple of cheap music videos, all spanning from a bootleg remix that happened to go viral. It’s worked wonders for Madonna, who has had to do very little work and spend very little money on something that might actually help her brand. We shall see!

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    Why is she so obsessed with improving Sickick original remix version, apparently she is. She tried with those rap shit artists, then adding new verses, give up woman.

Leave a comment:

• Debs_Wild
    replied

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Apparently, the new title of the Sickick is 'Frozen On Fire'. Could it be added to the thread title?

-----

I just watched the music video to that new Sickick version. I initially only knew the version that repeated the 'If I could melt your heart...' part endlessly, which sounded lacking due to its repetitive nature to me.
    The new version is significantly better because Sickick's voice is very soft and therefore goes along when taking turns with Madonna's.
    I need to listen to it a few times more for the song's production to fully grow on me.
    I didn't fully pay attention to the lyrics, but I felt like the line about popping Molly isn't appropriate when considering the almost philosophical atmosophere of the original version. It's really hard to open up to the Sickick version having the original in mind. Madonna has never cared about what others think of her looks, but the straight platinum blonde hair in combination with the leather outfit... She looks almost unrecognizable!
    This has to be her most promoted song in more than a decade, so I feel like her label kind of expected it to be a huge crossover hit like 'Cold Heart' and enter global top 10s. Honestly, I don't know why it hasn't yet.
    Pointwise, I'm giving it an 8/10 here.
    Last edited by theMathematician; Sun June 12, 2022, 20:55.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Version with Sickick coming Thursday. Snippets with what appears to be new Madonna vocals (same lyrics) have been floating around.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
    why on Earth she has put that awful rap there. Such a waste of great remix
    true, it could have been much better sans rap

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    There’s always the original version for people who think Frozen is being murdered
    No live vocal jokes please

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    There’s always the original version for people who think Frozen is being murdered
    exactly, she didn't remove it and forced all to listen to the remix

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Zeph
    replied
    Outgrown my past and I've shed my skin
    Letting it go and I'll start again, start again
    Never look back, it's a waste of time

These mixes are catering to a whole new demo and if she happens not to appease her existing fan base — that’s fine. They will still be there despite how much they complain.

Leave a comment:

• maroon
    replied
    The first remix was terrible and this one is even worse, what a travesty!

Leave a comment:

• basticasas
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post

A second Frozen Remix ft 070 Shake with a brand new video.
    good video, awful remix, she is murdering my fav song of hers :/

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    I really don’t care about these remixes anymore but I like the videos.

Leave a comment:

• music126
    replied
    Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
    How typical of her to team up with the hottest rapper of the moment.
    This didn't age very well, did it.

Leave a comment:

• jszmiles
    replied
    why on Earth she has put that awful rap there. Such a waste of great remix

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    Some of you guys are just too much, she is really into these remixes she's giving some upcoming stars a chance and all you just do is hate. She's 60+ so she should retire why? She wants to work so let her do it, not many from her era are even alive to do all this but no let's just hate Madge for putting out some remixes.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by hun View Post

Who is lazy as hell?
    Are you enjoying Beyoncé’s new album?

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    She’s having the best year of her career streaming-wise so why should she retire?

I’m proud to be fan of a hard working woman. Even girls half her age are lazy as hell.
    Who is lazy as hell?

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied

A second Frozen Remix ft 070 Shake with a brand new video.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    She’s having the best year of her career streaming-wise so why should she retire?

I’m proud to be fan of a hard working woman. Even girls half her age are lazy as hell.

Leave a comment:

• cyberman
    replied
    I'm loving this remix, it's different and fresh.

Leave a comment:

• MusicLover88
    replied
    I mean this isn't good, but the drama is hilarious. It's a darn remix

Leave a comment:

• hun
    replied
    The video isn’t completely terrible but the song itself is atrocious, and even that is an understatement.

The world would applaud her if she just retired now, instead of mocking every new thing she puts out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X