Latto - Big Energy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Hip-Hop] Latto - Big Energy

I love this song! Ever since Jeniffer Lopez posted the video of her with it in the background. I can’t stop playing it!
    Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

It's only 'cause of the sample

Comment

The sample is flawless! Although Mariah did sample it from Tom Tom Club genius of love song.
      Last edited by adamf2thedeath; Sat January 15, 2022, 16:53.

Comment

I feel in a way that's an homage to Mimi, but who knows. I was just listening to this song yesterday and saw it had been out since September - how has it been missed until now?

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
          I feel in a way that's an homage to Mimi, but who knows. I was just listening to this song yesterday and saw it had been out since September - how has it been missed until now?

She claims not to have known Fantasy, despite being a Mariah fan from a child. So the song is not a homage to Mimi but her knowing more of The Tom Tom Club. *rolls eyes*
          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Of course it’s an homage to Mariah! She can say she doesn’t know it but not many people recognise the original sample most people know it from fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
              Of course it’s an homage to Mariah! She can say she doesn’t know it but not many people recognise the original sample most people know it from fantasy.
              Girl the original song is a classic and very well known. Mariah just sampled the song too.
              " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
              Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                She claims not to have known Fantasy, despite being a Mariah fan from a child. So the song is not a homage to Mimi but her knowing more of The Tom Tom Club. *rolls eyes*
                Hmm, damn, I liked my homage theory. Latto needs to tell her story walking. Even if what she said were true, no one in production was going to mention Fantasy to her? OK

Really like the song tho.

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Girl the original song is a classic and very well known. Mariah just sampled the song too.
                  I guess more so in America. The song wasn’t a hit in the UK & I had never actually heard the original song.

Comment

I honestly thought there was a thread for this song here a few months ago. Surprised there wasn't.

Comment

Doing well at radio:

Comment

This is shaping up to be huge! It’s been getting tons of airplay here in Canada too, very Pop for Latto, but it’s working great! You have to dance when this song comes on!

Comment

Really taking off so well in the US but not doing anything in Europe. Shame really as its an instant sounding hit it just needs a little playlisting.

Comment

Really taking off so well in the US but not doing anything in Europe. Shame really as its an instant sounding hit it just needs a little playlisting.
                            It's very "Urban", never for a second did I think this would do anything outside of North America.

Comment

I thought this was Fantasy. Definitely a hommage to Mariah. Otherwise, it's giving me "BTW inspired by Whitney" teas.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I like her rap style she sounds like some of the 90s rappers, Kim, Eve, Monie, Da Brat..
                                1 Harry Styles |2 Ochman |3 Purple Disco Machine |4 Go_A |5 Becky Hill

Comment

I really think the song has the hype only because of Fantasy, it's not an standout tho

Comment

Now in the top 40:

Comment

Is this still climbing?

Comment

Is this still climbing?

Comment

Rumours are swirling around that the Big Energy Remix will feature Nicki Minaj & Iggy Azalea!

Comment

Still climbing:

Comment

Latto getting a lot of attention on UK Mix this week. She is breaking through !
                                              " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                              Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

Originally posted by basticasas View Post
                                                I really think the song has the hype only because of Fantasy, it's not an standout tho
                                                Change of mind: it has been stuck in my head for dayssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

Comment

So Mariah Carey is actually featuring on this song on Latto's album according to rumors.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                  X