Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giorgio Moroder - Tom's Diner (feat. Britney Spears)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giorgio Moroder - Tom's Diner (feat. Britney Spears)

Tracklist:
    1. Original Mix
    2. Leu Remix
    3. Hibell Remix

Released today in the UK!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diner-Giorgio-M ... io+Moroder

Released in the US next Friday.

Yay!

Comment

yass
      Last FM <3
      Instagram

Comment

BrintyJoan did tf out of this cover. Love it.

Comment

preview of remixes
          https://www.musicload.de/web/album?id=12678075
          Last FM <3
          Instagram

Comment

A bit pointless but excited nevertheless
            BS:TS:IA:NM

Comment

Wonder if there will be a video? :-?

Comment

Love the remixes. .. easy to listen, short, crisp productions and fun

Hey... its good to see new brit release. Wished Giorgio was brave enough to release that with a video.
                Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

I really do like it.
                  KUBA'S CHART

Comment

I really hope it's a proper single with a (good) video and (strong) radio push, which means I hope that Sony will really do something for it.
                    2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

The remixes sound good! Damn, I want to see a music video of this masterpiece so badly!
                      Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

Originally posted by Mainshow
                        The remixes sound good! Damn, I want to see a music video of this masterpiece so badly!

The good thing is the remixes are way more Audible when it comes to Brit's vocals and their productions are more streamlined as well! Thats good
                        Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

Please make a video :( the song is so great and best song with Britney since Criminal
                          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

The song is comin is North Europe.
                            Add me:
                            http://www.lastfm.com.br/user/eduardoraimundo
                            http://twitter.com/#!/duduraimundo

Comment

finally got both remixes, and they are quite good in full.
                              Last FM <3
                              Instagram

Comment

Isnt it just cool that eveyone in this thread seem to love the remixes and the single package of thid release? .... they better film a video for it for a complete love too ;)

Comment

Even if there is a music video, I'm 99% sure it will be filmed without Britney. It's not gonna happen IMO.
                                  Great news, anyway. It deserves to be a (radio) hit. Still think that the version that leaked long before album premiere should be the final version of the song. The official one = chipmunk mix.

Comment

Is this getting officially released as a single?
                                    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Not sure, but have to say I love the cover. There was always talk it would be released in October

Comment

They should've added an acoustic version of Britney singing "Tom's Diner" instead of those remixes. #AcousticQueen
                                        2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

Lyric video is out:

[youtube:37pguo0w]6_x7gTQOEs4[/youtube:37pguo0w]

Remix EP out now on US & UK iTunes!

Comment

oh that's great lyric video i'm glad that we got one
                                            Last FM <3
                                            Instagram

Comment

Looks style-ish, I like it.
                                              Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Really nice official ummm lyric video. "Britney" looks fit. At least, they have something to air on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by arab
                                                  Really nice official ummm lyric video. "Britney" looks fit. At least, they have something to air on TV.

Decent lyric video.
                                                  They portrayed britney triple her height though llllollll

Comment

I still love this song & I expected to hate it. Doubt it'll help sales of the album though. Nobody seems interested.
                                                    Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

Would this be classed under singles in the ITunes charts?

Comment

Suzanne Vega has selected Britney's version of "Tom's Diner" as her favorite cover of her song.

"Tom's Diner" was written, performed and released as a single by Suzanne Vega in 1981, Ever since the popular hit has become one of the most covered, sampled and remixed songs of the last 40 years. The song had so many covers at some point that Suzzane released a compilation of the covers called "Tom's Album" in 1991. Samples, remakes and covers continued over the years from Drake, Fall Out Boy, 2-Pac, among others.

When asked about it in her most recent interview for Metro UK, she said Britney's version was the one that impressed her the most:

What are your favourite cover versions of your songs?

"Britney Spears’ version of Tom’s Diner was great. I was most surprised by that one".
                                                        source: https://www.metro.news/sixty-seconds-wi ... a/1147311/

---

Britney's version of "Tom's Diner" was released in 2015 under a Neo-Disco production handled by the legendary Giorgio Moroder (for his own album), Britney herself contacted Giorgio to produce the track and it was her idea to cover the song according to Moroder. The track was not officialy released as a single due to Britney's busy schedule of the time, but it was used as a promotional song to universal praise from critics and listeners.

[youtube:2ku9743j]6_x7gTQOEs4[/youtube:2ku9743j]

Comment

Re: Giorgio Moroder f/ Britney Spears - Tom's Diner

I kinda dislike this, the robotic production doesn't quite work for me.

Comment

Still really like this
                                                            I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Working...
                                                            X