Mariah Carey - The Roof (When I Feel The Need) ft. Brandy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R&B] Mariah Carey - The Roof (When I Feel The Need) ft. Brandy

Previewed in Mariah Carey's new Masterclass.

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
    See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

First one here to witness history

Comment

Exsqueeze me?!

Comment

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Unofficial upload, not sure when this will be officially released, but it's leaked everywhere

Comment

It's pretty. I'm not sure I love it as much as other lambs will but it's still a pretty song. I don't feel like Brandy elevates it as much as someone more 'current' might.
            Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
            'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

I just love this reimagined version of the track so much, Brandy and Mariah's voices blend together so well and the vocal production is good which is nice because it's not always been good lately.. I love how she replaced the belt in the climax with a whistle instead!

Comment

I think they did too much on this really. Not a fan of the whistle. Original for me.
                " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                Stan of Meredith.

Comment

Do we know if this is going to be officially released?????

Comment

Feels a little bit overproduced - like, too many backgrounds and blending.

It’s cool their voices blend so well, but on the other hand, I wanted a Brandy ‘moment’ on this.

Comment

Originally posted by basticasas View Post
                      Do we know if this is going to be officially released?????
                      No clue. But its all over the internet at the moment and I feel the momentum is a bit lost now. But maybe that may quickly rebuild if placed on official platforms.

Comment

I don’t think they ever intended to release or promote the song to the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                          I don’t think they ever intended to release or promote the song to the general public.
                          I do think she will release it, probably similar to the WBT extended mix.

Not sure it will be "pushed" but something of a little treat.

Perhaps she is not able to release it just yet as it is a Masterclass exclusive.

Comment

I always felt "The Roof" is almost a cousin song to "Full Moon", so its kinda cool to see this reimagined version with Brandy.

Still, I can't see this version ever replacing the original, for me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bm08 View Post

I do think she will release it, probably similar to the WBT extended mix.

Not sure it will be "pushed" but something of a little treat.

Perhaps she is not able to release it just yet as it is a Masterclass exclusive.
                              When the Masterclass is behind us, I hope it will be released.
                              My most streamed artists: 1. Mariah 2. Madonna 3. Debbie Gibson 4. Céline Dion 5. Lara Fabian 6. Kylie 7. Whitney 8. Meghan Trainor 9. Ariana Grande 10. Tina Arena 11. Sam Smith 12. Janet Jackson

Comment

I prefer with 2pac
                                or this unreleased version

https://youtu.be/3OD6Q2_3LBQ
                                Last edited by gorgonzola; Thu May 5, 2022, 20:22.

Comment

this is a cute little moment.

makes me wonder if she's doing something for butterfly's 25th anniversary this year or is this just for Master Class.

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
                                    this is a cute little moment.

makes me wonder if she's doing something for butterfly's 25th anniversary this year or is this just for Master Class.
                                    I was hoping for a stripped version of the song before the release tbh. The production is very similar to the original, but I really enjoy her new vocals. Love how the words sound clearer and love the Brandy vocals. The high note, instead of the belt, is also such a cute touch. I don’t think we’ll get more of Butterfly Lounge for the anniversary though. A stripped version of 4th of July or Babydoll would be a lambastic surprise tho!!

Comment

Music video:

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                        Music video:

bet brandy was on edge the whole time. not sure this was needed, the original is perfect
                                        what's going on?

Comment

Why would she be on edge around a legend she’s been around multiple times

Comment

I wanted them to do a choreographed routine together

Comment

Originally posted by Plym View Post
                                              bet brandy was on edge the whole time. not sure this was needed, the original is perfect
                                              Hope Mariah gave her a lift so she didn’t have to get the bus.
                                              1 SG Lewis |2 FLO |3 Vlossom |4 SG Lewis |5 Inna

Comment

Lame as hell

Comment

CUTE RENDITION.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X