Beyoncé - Break My Soul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
    I wonder where it could land on the Hot 100.
    My guess would be top 20, unless it builds even more momentum in the following days.

A video on Friday and a performance at the BET awards on Sunday would be perfect.
    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Can we get the video tomorrow pls

i mean Friday

Comment

• Originally posted by Omiros View Post
        Fantastic first day numbers!
        "You know I got the sauce, you know I'm saucy"

Comment

• Oh wow!
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

WE DID IT HIVE!!!! How many days left we got for the charts??

Comment

• If the numbers keep growing till the tracking week is over, somehow we can secure the top 10 debut: for example: Joji's Glimpse of Us had nearly 18m of streams, 0,2m of radio numbers and 2.3 of sales and it debuted at #10... so far in the US, BMS has 2m of streams (spotify only and is #1 on Apple Music and in the vast majority of music markets), 6m of radio and it has been the #1 song in iTunes since yesterday... maybe is possible!!!!

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by basticasas View Post
                  If the numbers keep growing till the tracking week is over, somehow we can secure the top 10 debut: for example: Joji's Glimpse of Us had nearly 18m of streams, 0,2m of radio numbers and 2.3 of sales and it debuted at #10... so far in the US, BMS has 2m of streams (spotify only and is #1 on Apple Music and in the vast majority of music markets), 6m of radio and it has been the #1 song in iTunes since yesterday... maybe is possible!!!!
                  While that would be awesome, this week we also have Drake's surprise release. He's not doing the numbers he's usually doing, but he'll have at least two top 10s from it.
                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• To think people were doubting Bey. This is such an amazing return and just shows what her stans have been saying for years was very accurate. Anytime she wanted to do this and storm back commercially she could have.
                    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                    Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Glad to see this smashing, especially in Europe - which largely have neglected her during her past few eras.

Also debuted at #1 on Spotify Brazil & South Africa. She definitely needs to come back to South America & Africa again for the tour, it's only fair for them!

Comment

• It’s Candice, but slay a million views
                        Last edited by Hugo; Thu June 23, 2022, 06:45.
                        "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Ok I listened to this again and... It's strange actually, I like bits of it that's what I can say. I am not sure whether it has smash potential or not. It might actually. It gives me DC vibes, I love the ending so it made me want to play the song again.
                          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                            To think people were doubting Bey. This is such an amazing return and just shows what her stans have been saying for years was very accurate. Anytime she wanted to do this and storm back commercially she could have.
                            Exactly. People think all that talk about self-sabotage is just a lame excuse, but as soon as Bey puts a little effort into marketing an commercial appeal, the numbers go right up. Past 40 or not, she’s still very much relevant.
                            Very curious to see how this era will continue and if she will continue to promote after the album is released.

I have no real basis for this, but my gut tells me that there might be an actual WORLD tour this go round, too. Not just US and Europe.

Comment

• Not to dampen the success, but this is day one. The real test is how many people continue to play it across the next week.
                              Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                                Not to dampen the success, but this is day one. The real test is how many people continue to play it across the next week.
                                Agreed. This is mostly based on hype.
                                I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Considering the song is over 4 minutes, streams are fantastic. It might struggle in US due to its genre but Europe, UK & Australia will eat this up.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• With Pride events coming up, it’ll do very well in UK and Europe.
                                    Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Ok , after countless more listens here are some more thoughts.
                                        Things I love:
                                        - Her run in "I let down my hair cause I lost my mind"
                                        - The begining of her rap part
                                        - That part lyrically: "we go round in circles searching for love/ we go up and down lost And found searching for love/ looking for something that lives inside me"
                                        - When she heats up and doing beautiful singing acrobatics with the same two sentences.
                                        - The choir in the background at the end making it feel spiritual
                                        -The use of big freedia's rap (and especially "release the love, forget the rest)
                                        - using the word everybody to contrast the soul (soul vs body)

​​​​

Comment

• Apple Music:
                                          Global: #3 (=)
                                          U.S.: #4 (-1)
                                          UK: #3 (-1)
                                          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• don't we have an entire forum dedicated to chart stats and updates? why are we getting them constantly in this thread ? i thought the mods put a stop to that sort of thing years ago
                                            what's going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Plym View Post
                                              don't we have an entire forum dedicated to chart stats and updates? why are we getting them constantly in this thread ? i thought the mods put a stop to that sort of thing years ago
                                              Sorry, I thought people in the thread would be interested. I'll post in the charts sub-forum from now on.
                                              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Sorry, I thought people in the thread would be interested. I'll post in the charts sub-forum from now on.
                                                your posts are great and i don't mind knowing how she's doing occasionally but i keep opening the thread looking to read discussion
                                                what's going on?

Comment

your posts are great and i don't mind knowing how she's doing occasionally but i keep opening the thread looking to read discussion
                                                  That's fine, you're right.
                                                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

don't we have an entire forum dedicated to chart stats and updates? why are we getting them constantly in this thread ? i thought the mods put a stop to that sort of thing years ago
                                                    WE DO CARE ABOUT THIS STUFF TOO.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X