Beyoncé - Break My Soul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post
    Not withstanding Bey’s chart achievement, this was in reply to the other poster who thought giving anyone else credit for the song’s chart position was a bit of a reach.
    So to reiterate, that response would be best handled by posting in Bey's chart thread. Please feel free to PM if you have further comments on this.

Comment

• Wonder if they'll put Queens remix in a future deluxe edition of Act 1?
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
        Wonder if they'll put Queens remix in a future deluxe edition of Act 1?
        Not sure, but it'd be cool if we got a remixes album at some point.
        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

So to reiterate, that response would be best handled by posting in Bey's chart thread. Please feel free to PM if you have further comments on this.
          I see. So the other poster seems to get a free pass. Interesting. Perhaps you should recuse yourself from this situation considering you may be partial.

But back to the music and not trying to put Madonna or anyone else down just to make Beyoncé look better. I think that should be the focus. All. About. The. Music.
          My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• cheapthrills
            cheapthrills commented
            Editing a comment
            I have asked you to PM regarding these comments. Stop derailing the thread.

• Originally posted by Omiros View Post

Not sure, but it'd be cool if we got a remixes album at some point.
          If the EP is any indication, I’m pretty sure something like that is already in the works. Beyoncé is going to make this era memorable.
          My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• RIAA Certifications: BREAK MY SOUL - Gold (500,000).

I‘m still not over it!
            Life tastes better with music

Comment

• Originally posted by DC34ever View Post
              RIAA Certifications: BREAK MY SOUL - Gold (500,000).

I‘m still not over it!
              When was she last Gold?

I’m so in love with this song, though obviously the Madonna version is the best.
              Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Love all the love the media is giving Beyoncé and Madonna’s Break My Soul Remix. Most importantly recognizing how with Vogue, Madonna was first to bring the ballroom scene in the mainstream pop culture and now Beyoncé is following her lead and doubling up by discerning each house, by name. It’s truly monumental and the same type of game changer that Vogue was. The Remix really is queer history shining a spotlight on the Black and Latinx communities which built their houses-chosen families in order to combat a world which refused to embrace them.

Beyoncé calls Madonna a 'masterpiece genius' for joining her on 'Break My Soul' remix

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/08/10/e...cec/index.html

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Is Madonna ever not in sunglasses?

This song will go down as one of the best UK #2s of all.

Comment

• I guess her #2 curse had to carry over somehow to this era.
                      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• New remix out.

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• So she's still allergic to releasing the music video? No sign of anything?

Comment

• I quite liked hearing that Madonna remix for all the references etc.. it was fun, but it was a bit of a mess the way it was put together, so unlikely to be something I need to listen to much more often.
                            1 Jack Wins |2 Holy Molly |3 Agnes |4 Hailee Steinfeld |5 SG Lewis

Comment

• Originally posted by aang View Post
                              So she's still allergic to releasing the music video? No sign of anything?
                              At this point you shouldn't wait for it to come out before the visual album.
                              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Finally grew on me after many weeks. Found this quite basic at first (soz).

The vogue remix is actually terrible though.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                  New remix out.
                                  The most flames yet - that is a yakiyaki duet for the ages. (tbh peaced out after the 1:40 mark; can't handle gold-standard excellence I guess)

Second week at #1 confirmed.

Comment

• Obsessed with Queens remix. Proves once again what a timeless classic Vogue is.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• It seems it will be 1 on billboard 100 once again

Comment

• Originally posted by elcorillord View Post
                                        It seems it will be 1 on billboard 100 once again
                                        It is.

Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Omiros View Post

It is.

Queen outdoing herselfffff, we staaaaaaaaaan

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• This was the perfect lead single for this era! Amen
                                              Life tastes better with music

Comment

• Oh this is too good!!!
                                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Oh this is too good!!!
                                                  That is pretty groovy.
                                                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X