• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That bassline is *fire emoji*
    I approve of this direction! Yes, Bey!
    my only “complaint” is that I wish there was a modulation

Comment

• cheapthrills : Sorry, that was not my intention.

Comment

• It's on the repetitive side lyrically but Dance as a genre suffers from this so I won't knock it. It definitely took me by surprise to hear her go for the 1995 era production but it works! I think I might be feeling it the most on the first few listens than any of her lead singles from the last decade or so:

1 XO / Drunk in Love
        2 BREAK MY SOUL
        3 Formation
        4 Run The World (Girls)

Comment

• With every album of hers it happened that some album tracks were far superior than the singles. So I see this as an appetizer.
          It's a man's man's man's world. | My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
            With every album of hers it happened that some album tracks were far superior than the singles. So I see this as an appetizer.
            Yeah I think you might be right, this goes at like 60% but if some tracks in this genre go at 100, I’m here for it.
            1 SG Lewis |2 Alok |3 Vlossom |4 Gok Wan |5 Beyonce

Comment

• I kinda like it, kinda don’t. It’s not the bop I was looking for.

& sooo basically Drake tried to sabotage her

Comment

• I’m obsessed with it

Comment

• Bey got me planning on quitting my job this week. I desperately need new drive.
                  Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• I wonder what this would sound like without the sample.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

Who cares? This thread isn't about We Found Love. Go to that thread and discuss how repetitive you think it is.
                      Christina Aguilera / ROSALÍA / Nathy Peluso

Comment

• It's a meh from me.I expected more

Comment

• For some reason I like the spoken parts the best.

And we back oussside
                          You said you oussside
                          But you ain’t that oussside

Worldwide hoodie with the mask oussside
                          In case you forgot how we act oussside

Comment

• Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
                            That bassline is *fire emoji*
                            I approve of this direction! Yes, Bey!
                            my only “complaint” is that I wish there was a modulation
                            I feel like the lack of modulation will ensure that this is slow burner.

I mean it builds and builds but it stays melo but mantains it's sense of urgency based on the message the song is conveying etc

Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

Yeah I think you might be right, this goes at like 60% but if some tracks in this genre go at 100, I’m here for it.
                              Since the album is a whole month away - i would presume we are getting 2 or 3 singles.

They have already shot the videos according the some of the dancers anyways
                              Forever Young

Comment

• The video to this is basically ballroom as expected being her love letter to the gays according to the sources
                                Forever Young

Comment

• wow, i am loving this on first listen. so different from her but so familiar at the same time. simple, effective. A+
                                  CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                                  FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE

Comment

• Review from The Guardian

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/20...ve-renaissance

I can definitely see their point of view.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                      Review from The Guardian

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/20...ve-renaissance

I can definitely see their point of view.
                                      It’s a fair review. There’s nothing groundbreaking or particularly special here. Break My Soul is just a fun song, and that’s okay - it’s a long time since Bey did fun.

Comment

• Lyrically, this reminds me so much of "Find Your Way Back". I need to spend more time with it, but I'm in the "this is okay" camp right now.
                                        Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#77]
                                        Akini's Favourite TV Series: [5-1!
                                        Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 Break My Soul [2 weeks]
                                        AlbumClash 2.0: [Lizzo vs. Beyoncé]
                                        The Killers: Pressure Machine Album Survivor [R5]

I'm not saying I love you unconditionally, but we have been through a shitload of conditions and I'm still here.

Comment

• I'm so addicted to this already

Comment

• I was expecting to like this considering it’s more on the dance side but I’m really not that excited by it on first listen.

Comment

• This is such a valid point! B's lead singles always get such varied reactions.
                                              without any meaning, we're just skin and bones
                                              like beautiful robots dancing alone

Comment

• Whilst that’s true, they didn’t sample and loop four notes from a very famous song for five minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

Who cares? This thread isn't about We Found Love. Go to that thread and discuss how repetitive you think it is.
                                                  I fuvking love feisty cheapthrills I just screamed in a busy coffee shop though
                                                  " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                                  Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                                                    Whilst that’s true, they didn’t sample and loop four notes from a very famous song for five minutes.
                                                    Have you heard Run The World?
                                                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Working...
                                                    X