One Direction - History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Direction - History

History is the third single from Made it in the AM.
    Today the single reached the #8 position in the UK, becoming another top 10 hit for One Direction.
    In the USA History is quickly rising(#185 on itunes USA) without having any airplay
    and is helping the album everywhere.
    Album: Made In The A.M.
    iTunes:
    #3 Mexico
    #4/131 United States
    #4 Canada
    #4 Ireland
    #4 Philippines
    #5 Finland
    #5 Sweden
    #6 United Kingdom
    #7 Greece
    #8 United Arab Emirates
    #9 Gambia
    #9 Mexico
    #10 Lebanon
    #10 Singapore
    #10 South Africa
    #11 Italy
    #11 Jordan
    #11 New Zealand
    #13 Australia

Any thought on History?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbuN235i9g0
    ĎIf feels like you donít care, why you donít recognize Iím so rare.í

yassssss the gurls got it right !!! when they announced infinity was 3rd single i was like daguq no, but this, this is good.
    its different, catchy and perfect to end their run
    hi guys

Comment

Originally posted by baddieGey
      yassssss the gurls got it right !!! when they announced infinity was 3rd single i was like daguq no, but this, this is good.
      its different, catchy and perfect to end their run
      History is smashing in the UK!
      5 One Direction - History† 0.4016 0.3969 0.3933 0.3854 0.3777 0.3739 0.3608
      Hopefully the same happens in America when it gets released on the radio.

Comment

This is average and not groundbreaking just my opinion
        MY PERSONAL CHARTS
        NA NA NA NA OH OH

Comment

Shawn Mendes a popular teen singer (who sings the popular #1 pop hit 'Stitches') is a big of fan of 1D and he tends to cover their songs. This time he covered 'History' and he sounds amazing.
          https://www.instagram.com/shawnmendes/
          [youtube:21ryrokg]FvmGXHtk404[/youtube:21ryrokg]

Comment

It's just okay for me, I still love the first two singles more than this!

Comment

I think it's one of the best tracks on the album, it's like their attempt to make Mr Big's 'To Be With You'
              Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

History continues being strong in the Uk! top 5 again! I love how nostalgic and amazing this song is. I love how the Uk is supporting!
                I was thinking that maybe Zayn finally heard History and made him remember about the good memories he had with 1D. After talking so much trash about their music (which I disapprove),
                suddenly Zayn posted this letter on his Instagram. Honestly, I don't understand his bipolarity towards 1D, one day he hates them, another day he loves them, but anyway, we can't ignore that Zayn was part of the history of 1D. Happy birthday to him!

Please guys, let's start requesting History on the radio. This amazing song will change the lives and minds of many.
                This song is real music!!

Comment

This song has come far.
                  Hottest Men on Earth Rate 2016 Edition

Comment

Guys I'm so happy!
                    History reaches a new peak in the UK
                    4 One Direction - History (22,794)
                    Just woo!!
                    The song written by Liam and Louis is a top 4 without a video!
                    Smash!!!!

Comment

The video is out!
                      and it's so epic and legendary!!! one of my favorites!!
                      It made me love this master piece more!!
                      Any comment??
                      [youtube:3v5ddg3o]yjmp8CoZBIo[/youtube:3v5ddg3o]

Comment

It's nice if not predictable. Certainly milking the whole break thing. They already look rested.
                        Uk the only way

Comment

Nice video to end the whole One Direction thing.

Uniquesensation, here are the definitions of Epic and Legendary

Epic - heroic or grand in scale or character.

Legendary - remarkable enough to be famous; very well known.

Sadly this video and song don't meet the criteria . . . it sounds like a song Girls Aloud did a decade ago for a start!

Comment

I really don't see the comparison apart from the title no part of either song sounds remotely similar
                            Uk the only way

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokguy15
                              Nice video to end the whole One Direction thing.

Uniquesensation, here are the definitions of Epic and Legendary

Epic - heroic or grand in scale or character.

Legendary - remarkable enough to be famous; very well known.

Sadly this video and song don't meet the criteria . . . it sounds like a song Girls Aloud did a decade ago for a start!
                              For me the song is epic and is definitely one of the best Pop songs in recent years, our modern version of 'You got a friend in me' and 'Leon on me.' A meaningful friendship anthem about not forgetting your old friends, your roots, the memories, to mend a broken friendship.
                              Plus, what makes it legendary to me is that 1D doesn't rely on controversy to sell and get million of views.
                              The video is smashing on Vevo: 3,235,578 doing better than Perfect video already and with less budget.
                              But of course I respect your opinion..

Comment

Montage footage video, but if any song was to have it this would be one. Fitting and put together nicely with on tour clips, previous MVs and some 'new' footage of them singing. (lol Niall, Liam, and the Jazz Hands).
                                UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

Clever of SyCo to hold off the video until two days before Zayns single drops. I'm guessing the official release of the single will appear on Friday or next week with Little Mix coming a week or two later to have this Zayn v Ex-bandmates v Ex-girlfriend chart battle thing going on.
                                  Uk the only way

Comment

Very predictable video, since when does Niall have hipster glasses?
                                    Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

History is top 5 in New Zealand!
                                      Up to #38 on iTunes Australia
                                      Up to #57 on iTunes USA ( just woo)
                                      Up to #15 on iTunes Mexico
                                      I believe this is the biggest video effect that 1D has had!
                                      I think this the power of a beautiful and classic song.
                                      The video is simple but it does its job convincing non fans to buy the song and album! Made it in the Am is going up as well.

'History' by One Direction is the 2nd fastest video to reach 1M likes on YouTube. 'Drag Me Down' is the first. This might be the most successful montage video ever. Almost 9 million views and Vevo is Frozen!
                                      I'm so proud of being a fan of one of the greatest band that the world has ever seen.

Comment

Uniquesensation, I get that you adore them and I fully respect that but your comments are a bit over the top - the truth is, the days of them breaking VEVO record are over, the last album is the lowest selling of their career. They are still doing well of course but no one cant deny that they are slowly decreasing in sales and the popularity. They are far from the greatest band of all time.

Anyway, the video is fitting for the end. A bit lazy but I'm sure the fans appreciate it the most.

Comment

The album has sold 3 million with shipments and 2 million with pure sales. This album already beat Four in streaming, impact, Vevo views, and radio top 10 hits. Of course, they are not longer in their prime, but they are having one of their best era in the USA.
                                          And never said that they are the greatest band. I said they are one of the greatest and it's true! Not even Nsync or the BSB sold out the stadiums that 1D has sold out.
                                          Times changes, chart changes. now streaming measures the Real popularity and not only album sales anymore.
                                          In the USA they already sold over a million with streaming.
                                          And history is released to radio till next week!
                                          So, their album will sell more in the USA, their biggest market.

Comment

Originally posted by Uniquesensation
                                            The album has sold 3 million with shipments and 2 million with pure sales. This album already beat Four in streaming, impact, Vevo views, and radio top 10 hits. Of course, they are not longer in their prime, but they are having one of their best era in the USA.
                                            And never said that they are the greatest band. I said they are one of the greatest and it's true! Not even Nsync or the BSB sold out the stadiums that 1D has sold out.
                                            Times changes, chart changes. now streaming measures the Real popularity and not only album sales anymore.
                                            In the USA they already sold over a million with streaming.
                                            And history is released to radio till next week!
                                            So, their album will sell more in the USA, their biggest market.
                                            It is unfair to compare 1D to other older boybands doing stadiums because the things were so different back then - for one thing, it wasnt common for boybands to go on stadium tours, this started once Take That started it a few years ago. But those boybands did also have gigs at stadiums.

But all that is fine, 1D did extremely well - with the hype and media exposure, it is no surprise really.

Comment

Okay. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
                                              History is up to #48 on itunes USA guys!!!
                                              I know that many think that I exaggerate cause I love to praise 1D, but I think that 1D deserves respect.
                                              https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYXjlo1WcAE-mzS.jpg

Comment

They managed to do their own "Never Forget" (Take That)
                                                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Getting good response on the radio!!!
                                                  Q100 Atlanta
                                                  @Q100Atlanta
                                                  3h #1 for the fourth night this week... @onedirection #History #AdamBombs5at9

Comment

Working...
                                                  X