[Pop] Chanel - TOKE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pop] Chanel - TOKE

‘TOKE’, new single out October 25th and the official song of the Spain national football team for the 2022 FIFA World Cup.

Teaser: https://twitter.com/chanelterrero/st...zYGrkE9rALoc4A

Hoping this could be as good as Slow-Mo!!!

Comment

Yes! Finally. I don't really understand why it took them so long after Slo-Mo but I am very excited for another bop.
      without any meaning, we're just skin and bones
      like beautiful robots dancing alone

Comment

Originally posted by Fan View Post
        Yes! Finally. I don't really understand why it took them so long after Slo-Mo but I am very excited for another bop.
        She was signed to BMG during ESC, that's the label that released SloMo.
        She was preparing her next single and debut album with them, for a long time, but she wanted to renegotiate her contract... and they didn't reach an agreement, so she left, which even led to BMG's boss in Spain to be fired as she was, by far, their biggest act.

Now she's with Sony Music, a much bigger company, that will also try to push her career outside Spain. Her debut album will be published next year.

Lots of talking and articles in the media about her waiting too long and losing her opportunity have been usual these past months...

Regarding TOKE, she faced backlash last week when it was announced, considering most of her fanbase is part of the LGBTQ community... and she's promoting a World Cup taking place in Qatar, a place where rights for women and LGBTQ people are... well, we all know how it goes.

Hopefully the song is a banger and she smashes with it.

Comment

I wish her all the best and hopefully she can achieve much bigger audience. She is s full package
          BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
          YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

Excited for the new single. 'SloMo' is a tune.
            She's the full package indeed. I hope she will bring more heat with 'TOKE'.
            Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

SloMo was THE bop, big expectations for this and I really hope her new team knows how to promote her.

Comment

There is a sneak peak (https://twitter.com/rtve/status/1582..._Al1tlIFrjVgYw) and tomorrow she will release another one!

Comment

https://twitter.com/rtve/status/1583...R1lp0Lks3OC87w

Fire!

Comment

Excited! This was long overdue!

Comment

Sounds great

Comment

Originally posted by nympho View Post

She was preparing her next single and debut album with them, for a long time, but she wanted to renegotiate her contract... and they didn't reach an agreement, so she left, which even led to BMG's boss in Spain to be fired as she was, by far, their biggest act.

Now she's with Sony Music, a much bigger company, that will also try to push her career outside Spain. Her debut album will be published next year.

Lots of talking and articles in the media about her waiting too long and losing her opportunity have been usual these past months...

Regarding TOKE, she faced backlash last week when it was announced, considering most of her fanbase is part of the LGBTQ community... and she's promoting a World Cup taking place in Qatar, a place where rights for women and LGBTQ people are... well, we all know how it goes.

Ah, thanks for that explation! Makes a lot of sense, as someone not living in Spain, I had completely missed all this happening! Good on her for staying true to herself and getting a new, better contract!

I had not even thought about the connection with the world cup, yes, that's not the smartest move to make as I think we should all boycott the world cup as much as possible.
                        without any meaning, we're just skin and bones
                        like beautiful robots dancing alone

Comment

1 minute: https://youtu.be/kb520QiBjL8
                          Video teaser: https://twitter.com/chanelterrero/st...XFhfRMqm1EiPxQ
                          Last edited by yscherzi; Mon October 24, 2022, 12:13.

Comment

Originally posted by nympho View Post

Thanks for the explanation! Does it mean SloMO won't be part of the new album released under Sony?

I also heard rumours that there was a disagreement with her agency and that's why she didn't perform anywhere the last summer.

I hope they won't miss any future opportunities because Chanel has the package and deserves success.

Comment

SMASH

Comment

B A N G E R INCOMING!!!!

Comment

She looks stunning as always, I'm not sure if this is the most suitable release for a world cup song though.
                                  Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

Yeah, I am not impressed. Nice video and Chanel is amazing as usual but I don't feel the song... and it doesn't sound like a World Cup song.

Comment

It's nice... and it gets better with each listen. But I was definitely expecting something bigger.
                                      After all these months waiting and all the hype for her new single, this one feels a bit underwhelming.

Comment

Love this Anitta would kill to record this too tbh.

The dancebreak part again

The red carpet part of the video feels out of place with the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by flopho View Post

She looks stunning as always, I'm not sure if this is the most suitable release for a world cup song though.
                                          So weird.. I can't find the video when I look for it on Youtube. However this link works for me.

Comment

Yeah it's not listed, don't know why though.
                                            Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

good follow-up single,the entire world cup plug-in is probably forced, if this helps with the promo i am not mad
                                              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Originally posted by breatheonme View Post

So weird.. I can't find the video when I look for it on Youtube. However this link works for me.
                                                It’s posted exclusively on RTVE website (for 24h, I think).

https://www.rtve.es/television/20221.../2406834.shtml

It’s linked from their website, but still private on her YouTube channel.

Comment

Nice but WC song? Hmm it needed to be more uptempo, faster

Comment

Working...
                                                  X