No announcement yet.

Rihanna - Lift Me Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish she would've did a little bit more vocally at the end, or changed it up some.

Mama was taking me higher during the "hold meeeee hold meeeeeee" part but then it just ends like all the other choruses.

That's my only complaint. I actually got a little emotional listening to it the other day. I know I'm gonna ball in the theaters when this plays during Black Panther II.

Comment

• this song is just another masterpiece added to her portfolio of ballads . omg . so emotional

Comment

• The first 20 seconds where she hums is soooo Lana Del Rey-ish

Comment

• I hope she gets her 10th #1 in UK
          BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
          YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• It’s #8 on German midweek charts

Comment

• QUEEN

Comment

• Originally posted by Nost View Post

QUEEN
                The ultimate payola!!!!

Comment

• am i right or she is losing a lot of streaming ? she is now #28 on apple music .

Comment

• Originally posted by moechoghri View Post
                    am i right or she is losing a lot of streaming ? she is now #28 on apple music .
                    The first week performance is not the reaction towards 'Lift Me Up' but rather 'Rihanna is back'. Any song by Rihanna would've debuted in the top 10 after such a long break. The performance during the next few weeks will depend on whether people like the song or not.

Comment

• Not going to lie. Pretty excited about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

The first week performance is not the reaction towards 'Lift Me Up' but rather 'Rihanna is back'. Any song by Rihanna would've debuted in the top 10 after such a long break. The performance during the next few weeks will depend on whether people like the song or not.
                        Indeed, this song is not a hit, all the success is Rihanna thirst
                        edit: the song was not meant to be a hit, it was meant to be an Oscar winner
                        Last edited by DnBLover; Wed November 2, 2022, 17:31.
                        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• People have to be completely delusional to expect this song to go anywhere outside of awards ceremonies. There's a lot of power in her name, but she isn't almighty.

Radios adding it is throwing me off a little bit, but I really don't think this will still be charting anywhere in a few weeks. Which is probably the exact reason why she agreed to do this so close to the start of the R9 era. Close to no risk of the two interfering.

Comment

• ^exactly. I want this to collect some cute Top10 positions, and if they're Top5 even better but I don't think its gonna have longevity or #1 potential. Too many manufactured tiktok stuff around anyway lol

Comment

• How would you rate the Rihanna OST singles? Personally.....

1. Sledgehammer
                              2. Towards The Sun
                              3. Lift Me Up

Comment

• 1. Lift Me Up
                                2. Towards the Sun

3000. Sludgehammer

Comment

• 1. Sledgehammer
                                  2. Towards The Sun
                                  3. Lift Me Up
                                  BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                  YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• 1. Towards The Sun
                                    2.Sledgehammer
                                    3. Lift Me Up
                                    And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• Kinda loving this, although Rihannas low ass key kills me. Lets bump it up an octave on your next song

https://voca.ro/18d2PMl0jp3E
                                      " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                                      Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                        Kinda loving this, although Rihannas low ass key kills me. Lets bump it up an octave on your next song
                                        Oh sh*t.

When I sang this in the shower last weekend I was told it sounded like I was ''croaking'' (the actual word was ''am abkratzen'' which I feel is even ruder?), so you win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Oh sh*t.

When I sang this in the shower last weekend I was told it sounded like I was ''croaking'' (the actual word was ''am abkratzen'' which I feel is even ruder?), so you win.
                                          If you want you can lipsync along to mine
                                          " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                                          Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• "As Real As You and Me" >>>>>>>>> Rih's other soundtrack lessors.

Comment

• "As fans have referred to it as R9 for so long, the singer is now struggling to think of a more fitting name. In an interview with the New York Times she said: "So far it’s just been R9, thanks to the Navy. I’m about to call it that probably, ’cause they have haunted me with this 'R9, R9, when is R9 coming out?' How will I accept another name after that’s been burned into my skull?"

SHE BETTER NOT NAME HER NEW ALBUM R9 That would be the most ratchet album name ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Oh sh*t.

When I sang this in the shower last weekend I was told it sounded like I was ''croaking'' (the actual word was ''am abkratzen'' which I feel is even ruder?), so you win..
                                                OMG I'm dying

Comment

• Originally posted by tomasbuky View Post
                                                  "As fans have referred to it as R9 for so long, the singer is now struggling to think of a more fitting name. In an interview with the New York Times she said: "So far it’s just been R9, thanks to the Navy. I’m about to call it that probably, ’cause they have haunted me with this 'R9, R9, when is R9 coming out?' How will I accept another name after that’s been burned into my skull?"

SHE BETTER NOT NAME HER NEW ALBUM R9 That would be the most ratchet album name ever...
                                                  I wouldn’t mind it tbh.
                                                  wouldn’t it be cute if the navy named it after all bc of all the drought and years of desperation? She could call it Rihanna or Robyn too if it’s super personal. Who knows

They just released two new digital Single Cover versions for download on the Rihanna website.

i don’t know why - I don’t see the purpose. Seems a bit random. I get alternate covers on physical releases but digital? Who cares

anyway covers are cute. One of them is her standing there in front of the ocean in L’Heure bleue dusk light. The other one is a sunny golden dusk hue. Really cute. Would love to have this as like a vinyl or CD single tbh!
                                                  do we think they’ll release a CD version in Germany? Germany used to always still get CDs when the format was dead around the world already. Last ones available were Diamonds, Stay, Right Now, FourFiveSeconds and then Love on the brain. Sad they didn’t release ones for work or BBHMM. The medium is kinda dead here too now and the acts that do release them (ABBA, Adele) just have 1 track CD singles instead of a random remix, acoustic version or instrumental. Since this one DOES have ab instrumental maybe we can get one? Come on Universal Germany

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDiva View Post

They just released two new digital Single Cover versions for download on the Rihanna website.

i don’t know why - I don’t see the purpose. Seems a bit random. I get alternate covers on physical releases but digital? Who cares

anyway covers are cute.
                                                    It seems like race for #1 in US is closer than we think, they want to boost sales i guess.
                                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                    X