Lady Gaga - Perfect Illusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lady Gaga | Perfect Illusion

Agree Perfect Illusion is definitely very Gaga. The Cure is generic, PI isn't imo
    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• I remember how underwhelmed I was when I first listened to this, but the song is killer. Amazing, amazing production and instrumental, strong lyrics and, though I can understand how some would find Gaga's vocal performance grating, I think it elevates the song to another platform. Great track.

Comment

• This might be for me the worst single by Lady Gaga ever... Pure trash. Her vocals on this are extremely unpleasant.
        And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

Am I the only one who really likes this?
          One life with one dream on repeat

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoshie
            I remember how underwhelmed I was when I first listened to this, but the song is killer. Amazing, amazing production and instrumental, strong lyrics and, though I can understand how some would find Gaga's vocal performance grating, I think it elevates the song to another platform. Great track.
            I agree with most of this.

I didn’t feel underwhelmed but it was “weird” for me at first.
            The fact that it really underperformed and Gaga pretty much ignored it with zero tv promo (cause she didn’t want it as the 1st single, the label did) influenced me in a bad way towards the song as well.

But seeing it now, it’s probably one of the best songs in Joanne.
            I love the production and I LOVE her vocals in that song.
            I think it might become of one of her gems that fans will value more with time.

Originally posted by solitaire
            No.

Comment

• Originally posted by solitaire
              No, I like it too and think it's her second best lead single. Sadly the album wasn't as good as the song :/
              I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• This song has aged very wel. Definitely a highlight in her discography.
                Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• This >>>>>>>> the pretentious mess that was Applause

Comment

Originally posted by solitaire
                    No, love it. But Joanne is my favourite Gaga album aswell

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho
                      The fact that it really underperformed and Gaga pretty much ignored it with zero tv promo (cause she didn’t want it as the 1st single, the label did) influenced me in a bad way towards the song as well.
                      Didn't know that

Do you know what song Gaga wanted to be the first single?
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

This song is, and will always be, a jam <3 Most certainly her most underrated song.
                        i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy
                          Originally posted by nympho
                          Didn't know that

She said in a radio interview:

“I actually didn't choose it," Gaga told DJ Romeo while co-hosting iHeartRadio's Countdown. "I write the music and make the music and sing music, but I didn't choose the single. The single was chosen by the record label and a lot of people that work with me. We all decided as a team and together that we liked it as the first song."

I guess she would have preferred A-Yo considering she performed it several times on TV while she ignored PI...
                          But just guessing.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho
                            Originally posted by spiritboy
                            Originally posted by nympho
                            Didn't know that

She said in a radio interview:

“I actually didn't choose it," Gaga told DJ Romeo while co-hosting iHeartRadio's Countdown. "I write the music and make the music and sing music, but I didn't choose the single. The single was chosen by the record label and a lot of people that work with me. We all decided as a team and together that we liked it as the first song."

I guess she would have preferred A-Yo considering she performed it several times on TV while she ignored PI...
                            But just guessing.
                            No guessing needed...
                            And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• Originally posted by solitaire
                              No!
                              2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

This issue for me with this song was lyrics. EVERYTHING WAS FIRE but the lyrics were just plain silly
                                Forever Young

Comment

I'm not a native speaker but I don't really get the issues with the lyrics?

It ain't no Rebecca Black Friday
                                  2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy
                                    PI on the other hand could've been sung by quite a few pop girls and it wouldn't lose or gain much in (non)quality. There's hardly anything special about it.
                                    Really? Which pop girls? Cause most of them don't have the vocal range Gaga has and probably can't handle one key change let alone three
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Nah, didnt care much for Perfect Illusion. Bit trashy and intense

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoshie
                                        I remember how underwhelmed I was when I first listened to this, but the song is killer. Amazing, amazing production and instrumental, strong lyrics and, though I can understand how some would find Gaga's vocal performance grating, I think it elevates the song to another platform. Great track.
                                        This
                                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Still find this epic.

Comment

• Applause grew on me where as this was just not that gurl
                                            Forever Young

Comment

• I like this song now. It’s one of the few good songs on that boring album.

It shouldn’t’ve been the first single though.
                                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Her last good single.
                                                I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• i love the energy on this, its in the top 3 of joaunt

Comment

• Happy 3rd anniversary!

Comment

• TERRIBLE choice for the lead. I remember being shocked when it was released. It really had to grow on me.

And don’t get me started on the video...

Comment

• Still love this, happy 3rd anniversary

Comment

Working...
                                                        X