Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christina Aguilera - Accelerate (feat. Ty Dolla $ign & 2 Chainz)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by biscuits
    I feel like people who don't like this song take music too seriously, same people who hated MILF moneys too.

This is fiyah

The fact that you are using MILF money to make your point just illustrates that she needs to accelerate to the next single
    Forever Young

Comment

• Re: Christina Aguilera + Ty Dolla $ign & 2 Chainz | Accelera

I think this is the best shot she has at an unexpected hit.
      I honestly don't think it's bad. The chorus is really strong
      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover
        I think this is the best shot she has at an unexpected hit.
        I honestly don't think it's bad. The chorus is really strong
        It's just disjointed af! The Rap is too long! The three artists have absolutely no chemistry with their voices!

The key she sings in in the verses is too LOUD so it means she has to go an octave high in the chorus which makes it unbearable.
        This song would be killed by a Ciara/Tinashe vocal her voice is just too rich and strong.

Ty Dollar sign is the only redeeming factor in this with his vacuum cleaner sounding vocals and ( the oh ohss at the end)
        Forever Young

Comment

• Her lead singles never set the tone of the entire record.

I wouldn't worry if I were you.

I bet the record will be versatile enough for everyone to pick a favourite.
          My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose
            Her lead singles never set the tone of the entire record.
            Genie was pretty much sound of her first album, Dirrty was on the same vibe as whole Stripped, ANOM was the sound of B2B, Your body was the same sound as Lotus ...
            nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

• Originally posted by nekoocz
              Originally posted by Loose
              Genie was pretty much sound of her first album, Dirrty was on the same vibe as whole Stripped, ANOM was the sound of B2B, Your body was the same sound as Lotus ...
              Well if you base Stripped off Dirrty you could misleading yourself, I mean you don't expect a song like Fighter after you heard Dirrty, atleast I didn't. And put Stripped next to I'm OK and you also have far opposites next to each other.

Ain't No Other Man was a great introduction to the overall vibe of the record. But especially the 2nd disc gave us songs like The Right Man, Hurt among others that also could surprise you if you watch the ANOM video paired with the I Got Trouble part included.

If you heard Not Myself Tonight, you don't really expect Elastic Love to be part of the same record, and a song like Lift Me Up could also throw you off-guard if it is the only song you heard.

Your Body, Lotus and to some extend Let there Be Love have a similar vibe, but I wouldn't have expected songs like Cease Fire, Circles and Just a Fool to be part of the same record, and most of the record channels self empowerment like Army Of Me and a majority of the slower songs, that I didn't expect when listening to a song which explicit version is literally 'All I Wanna Do Is F your body'

The first songs she releases ever since her debut never really showcased the majority of the record they are featured on

Comment

Those drag queen boobs though...

Comment

Why can't she go back to ballad stuff that suits her voice so well?
                  This sounds and looks like pandering to the most basic tastes of today. What's next? Can she do mumble rapping?
                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by nekoocz
                    Originally posted by Loose
                    I completely disagree.

Stripped sounds nothing like Dirrty.

Bionic sounds only partly like NMT etc.

There is always something very different on each record that is quite the opposite of the lead single.
                    My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo
                      Why can't she go back to ballad stuff that suits her voice so well?
                      This sounds and looks like pandering to the most basic tastes of today. What's next? Can she do mumble rapping?
                      There is probably 'ballad stuff' on the album though
                      Like Stripped had Beautiful, The Voice Within etc.
                      Like B2B had Hurt, Save Me From Myself etc.
                      Like Bionic had You Lost Me, Lift Me Up etc.
                      Like Lotus had Blank Page, Just a Fool etc.

And the past years she had Say Something, We Remain, Change, Shotgun etc.

Comment

^They should be lead singles and not buried underneath it all. ''Accelerate'' sounds more like that joke Eurovision entry from a tiny country that has zero budget and tries to imitate something trendy.

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo
                          ^They should be lead singles and not buried underneath it all.
                          Well at this we still don't know if Accelerate is even the lead, it's never been called that

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesper
                            Well at this we still don't know if Accelerate is even the lead, it's never been called that
                            Do artists even have to call singles like that tho? They just release music and singles and thats it and then it is automacally deduced the lead single was the first release of the album, the artist doesn't need to explain that LOL.

Also the real purpose and definition of a buzz single has been twisted over the last few years (mostly by some fanbases to manipulate facts generally when charts are not going well). But a Buzz single normally doesn't even belong to the album for example Ariana Grande's "Focus" (which only appears as a bonus track on her album), J.Lo has released several buzz singles that don't end up in the actual album just to generate hype or attention, actual buzz (for example "Louboutins" or "Live it up") , also stand alone singles that are meant to keep the interest are buzz singles such as Gaga's "The Cure". That is a buzz single.

Also promo songs that are released during the album's pre-order phase can be considered buzz material but they don't tend to have a music video or they don't tend to be released first than the actual single. For example Justin Timberlake's "Filthy" was the lead single from his album even if he kept releasing songs weekly. Fact!.

"Accelerate" is the lead single, she launched the "Liberation" campaign with it, its on the album, it has a music video, its the first release from her 6 years comeback album. . . . Lets just stop being in denial, the bombing must be so big that not even 2 days later her fans are already with the excuses "this is not the real single" ..... Of course it is!.
                            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Blah who cares, enjoy the music.

I seriously can't get enough of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1
                                Blah who cares, enjoy the music.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                  Originally posted by Jesper
                                  Do artists even have to call singles like that tho? They just release music and singles and thats it and then it is automacally deduced the lead single was the first release of the album, the artist doesn't need to explain that LOL.

Also the real purpose and definition of a buzz single has been twisted over the last few years (mostly by some fanbases to manipulate facts generally when charts are not going well). But a Buzz single normally doesn't even belong to the album for example Ariana Grande's "Focus" (which only appears as a bonus track on her album), J.Lo has released several buzz singles that don't end up in the actual album just to generate hype or attention, actual buzz (for example "Louboutins" or "Live it up") , also stand alone singles that are meant to keep the interest are buzz singles such as Gaga's "The Cure". That is a buzz single.

Also promo songs that are released during the album's pre-order phase can be considered buzz material but they don't tend to have a music video or they don't tend to be released first than the actual single. For example Justin Timberlake's "Filthy" was the lead single from his album even if he kept releasing songs weekly. Fact!.

"Accelerate" is the lead single, she launched the "Liberation" campaign with it, its on the album, it has a music video, its the first release from her 6 years comeback album. . . . Lets just stop being in denial, the bombing must be so big that not even 2 days later her fans are already with the excuses "this is not the real single" ..... Of course it is!.
                                  It was the first single and it bombed. Now they‘re releasing a new song (which they wouldn‘t do if this was #1). End of discussion.
                                  ? Girls' Generation ?
                                  ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                    [
                                    The funny thing is though, I don't care about views and I don't care about charts, so I don't know if it is even bombing
                                    I also never called it a buzz single, a first single doesn't have to mean a lead single. If this song gets radio adds date, , gets a radio or other deal, then yeah I would gladly call this a leadsingle, but at this point it is the first single and the lead single could be something else. Since they can be separate things.

Justin gave Filthy a full length campaign, including a spot during his Super Bowl set, he even gave Supplies a push to radio, which technically makes it the 2nd single, the only real promo single JT released was Man Of The Woods (song) since that literally was just released for buzz/album promo and didn't got any other major push.

I am not in denial, not by any chance. But we are still in a gray area here, ofcourse would the song shoot up the charts, they would make it the proper lead single and put all coins to Accelerate But at this point in time, it is just the first single. The funny thing is though that I don't even expect big things when it comes to charting. She is nobody's 'darling', has reached an age where ageism doesn't allow her a lot in some markets and isn't 'hot' by the streaming crowd, and has taken a break for 6 years after two major underperforming studio album eras. I am just here mainly for the music and I love it, so I will continue to support her and the song.

But hey, call it the lead single if that makes you sleep at night

Comment

• After several listens I began adoring this (although not her lips)...
                                      jio CHARTS NOW: 23/3/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...8#post10591548

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1

I love it! I am curious to hear what other surprises are stored for us in the following weeks.

Accelerate created the buzz, let's see what else they will reveal next week.

Comment

• Seriously this has grown on me so much. It's very messy but in a good way. I just wish the tribal drums at the beginning were used more throughout the song.

Ty's vocals sound like there is something lodged in his throat though.
                                          Madonna......Rihanna....Beyonce....Michael...Janet....Prince...Mariah...Whitney

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
                                            WHERE IS THE NO-RAP VERSION

Or at least the no ty dolla sign version

Comment

• Originally posted by hellohello
                                              Seriously this has grown on me so much. It's very messy but in a good way. I just wish the tribal drums at the beginning were used more throughout the song.
                                              Good point!

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmyOfMe
                                                WHERE IS THE NO-RAP VERSION
                                                Not you pulling a RayRay

And you’re more intertwined with ghetto culture
                                                Originally posted by beredy
                                                When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney
                                                  Not you pulling a RayRay

And you’re more intertwined with ghetto culture
                                                  Don't get me wrong, I usually like rap features, but in this particular case they just help make the song more disjointed. So I'm curious to see how a solo version would sound like (I'm not sure I would like it either )

Comment

the more I listen to it the more it makes me laugh. embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X