Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christina Aguilera - Accelerate (feat. Ty Dolla $ign & 2 Chainz)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeremySpears
    replied
    One year ago today Xtina served this bop that was ahead of its time but no one was hungry

How has it been a year already wtf

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    It's a grower but the video remains one of her worst.

Leave a comment:

• BlueScorpion
    replied
    Re: Christina Aguilera + Ty Dolla $ign & 2 Chainz | Accelera

This song is so disjointed and experimental that it actually works very well for me.

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    I really like the fullness of her voice while she sings or speaks here. It's so rare these days!

Originally posted by abi
    Back when Xtina was hood. It's weird that her label never pushed any of her songs to Urban though, not even "Dirrty" and "Can't Hold Us Down".
    She was on top of the world during that time!

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied
    Originally posted by DoesAnybody
    Originally posted by RayRay
    Originally posted by GetBack
    It grew on me but it remains her worst lead single ever. If she wanted an urban lead single, it should have been "Like I Do". It is far more catchy and focused than this. Kanye is really overrated.
    I had hoped for a catchy up tempo track like Your Body or Not Myself Tonight.
    Shame there is not even a song in that vein to be found on the new album.
    A song like that wouldn't fit in this sonically cohesive album. We are good without them. We already have those albums if we wanna hear uptempo tracks.
    And honestly, Accelerate is pretty much the bop of the album, so addictive!
    Anything fits on this album IMO. So many different sounds. That's probably why I only like some songs. Some of her other albums are way more in "one" sound/direction.

Leave a comment:

• abi
    replied
    Back when Xtina was hood. It's weird that her label never pushed any of her songs to Urban though, not even "Dirrty" and "Can't Hold Us Down".

Leave a comment:

• ThaInfo1
    replied
    Originally posted by Goldmoney
    Originally posted by abi
    ^^What Urban shows though? BET's 106 & Park has been resting in peace since a few years ago if I remember correctly.
    Never forget tho
    [youtube:136bz6o7]1-Zcw-zRc5k[/youtube:136bz6o7]
    I never knew she was on here lmao.

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    If "Car Wash" with Missy Elliott and "Tilt Ya Head Back" with Nelly became huge hits, we would have had this Liberation kind of album by 2005.
    Not really, we all know Christina likes to follow her own path, especially around that time

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    If "Car Wash" with Missy Elliott and "Tilt Ya Head Back" with Nelly became huge hits, we would have had this Liberation kind of album by 2005.

Leave a comment:

• Goldmoney
    replied
    Originally posted by abi
    ^^What Urban shows though? BET's 106 & Park has been resting in peace since a few years ago if I remember correctly.
    Never forget tho
    [youtube:yz2bdnwo]1-Zcw-zRc5k[/youtube:yz2bdnwo]

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    Originally posted by abi
    Oh wow! I didn't know that!

Leave a comment:

• abi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    I wonder why she never performed this. She could have went to urban shows to promote this to signal that she was experimenting but she just released it and moved on when it flopped.
    It never was meant as full length single, so I Doubt she ever had the intension to promote it

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied
    I wonder why she never performed this. She could have went to urban shows to promote this to signal that she was experimenting but she just released it and moved on when it flopped.

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied

I only played this a few times but honestly it's one of the best things she's ever done.

Leave a comment:

• DoesAnybody
    replied
    Originally posted by RayRay
    It grew on me but it remains her worst lead single ever. If she wanted an urban lead single, it should have been "Like I Do". It is far more catchy and focused than this. Kanye is really overrated.
    A song like that wouldn't fit in this sonically cohesive album. We are good without them. We already have those albums if we wanna hear uptempo tracks.
    And honestly, Accelerate is pretty much the bop of the album, so addictive!

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied

I went off this quick...

Leave a comment:

• RayRay
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Benjamin
    replied
    Originally posted by LJC123
    Ok I’m addicted to this now
    Yasss!

Leave a comment:

• LJC123
    replied

Ok I’m addicted to this now

Leave a comment:

• Yoshie
    replied
    Admittedly, this sounds better within the context of Liberation, but there are many other songs on the record that would've made for a far stronger launch pad for the album. Taken on its own merits, I still think this is on the weak side.

Leave a comment:

• mattsky
    replied
    It grew on me!

Leave a comment:

• GetBack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• croatiaxtina
    replied
    I liked live performance... now I'm into it

Leave a comment:

• atrophyfathers
    replied
    Originally posted by toni_pest
    this is a mess
    i have to agree

Leave a comment:

Working...