• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

#8 German iTunes
    How 'bout you GTFO?

Comment

Surprised to see this at #3 Dutch iTunes.
      Didn't really like this one the first listen, might have to give this another chance.
      Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Originally posted by KokoCollino
        2008/2009 all over again
        That is a good thing. It makes me laugh when i see comments like "this is so dated". I'd rather have dated pop than nondescript rap music.

Comment

i expected something try hard from the title, but this is so late 00s, i love it just for that.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDragon
            #8 German iTunes
            #5 on GER Spotify. Screaming at this ghey anthem smashing in the middle of all the Deutsch Rap songs in the top 10
            COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

Heard this for the first time on the 'Today's Top Hits' playlist today and instantly got early Gaga vibes, which is obviously a compliment. What an insanely catchy chorus!

Comment

Originally posted by aRat
                Originally posted by BlueDragon
                #8 German iTunes
                #5 on GER Spotify. Screaming at this ghey anthem smashing in the middle of all the Deutsch Rap songs in the top 10
                shes #1 on iTunes now in Germany
                How 'bout you GTFO?

Comment

Haven't quite got into this yet, but I'm glad that it seems to be doing good because basic and dated sounding late-00s-pop in the style of TF-Gaga needs a revival cause we all know that's the good stuff.
                  ˇEh, mamá!
                  Me quiero matar
                  El mundo se va a la mierda
                  Y no he hecho nada

Comment

Yasss we need some pop bops to make an impact in the charts in the middle of all this rap nonsense
                    Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

Originally posted by flopho
                      Haven't quite got into this yet, but I'm glad that it seems to be doing good because basic and dated sounding late-00s-pop in the style of TF-Gaga needs a revival cause we all know that's the good stuff.
                      First this and maybe we'll get a full schlager revival next.
                      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

This is just ok for me, I see her more akin to Anne-Marie than Lady Gaga. I liked the song she did with Le Youth last year though.
                        1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

I fail to see appeal of this song. And it's not comparable with early Gaga stuff, they were much superior to this.
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

I can see why people compare her to early Gaga but Gaga's voice + early pop >>>
                            One life with one dream on repeat

Comment

The song was only cute to me at the beginning but after it started smashing I suddenly started loving it.

Comment

What a refreshing song to hear in these days' musical climate! The song is not revolutionary and indeed sounds like an extract from Lady Gaga's 'The Fame', but it is basically a textbook pop song (chorus structure: x - x - y - x, the muh-muh-muh part, the song's length, the repetition of the words 'no' and 'yes' in the bridges) and profits from a lack of serious pop competition at the moment: Nice way to start a career - 8/10 !
                                Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                and everything you stand for?
                                Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

The average Instagram users between 14 and 17 will like this very much.
                                  YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

Why is this a hit? It has a cheesy bubble gum feel to it.
                                    It's nice seeing someone be a hit out of nowhere but this is super awful.
                                    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Originally posted by DnBLover
                                      Why is this a hit? It has a cheesy bubble gum feel to it.
                                      It's nice seeing someone be a hit out of nowhere but this is super awful.
                                      Talent paired with Beauty equals Success

Comment

This dated demo blowing up is really fascinating to me. I know Ava Max has a big label push, but this 2009 Gaga knockoff didn't work for the artists labels were launching back then let alone in 2018. I can't believe they've managed to turn this into a hit.

What's killing me the most is that they're trying to make that lopsided wig her thing by turning it into iconography. Why are they taking tips straight out of 2010 Porcelain Black pop hell?
                                        late.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik
                                          This dated demo blowing up is really fascinating to me. I know Ava Max has a big label push, but this 2009 Gaga knockoff didn't work for the artists labels were launching back then let alone in 2018. I can't believe they've managed to turn this into a hit.

What's killing me the most is that they're trying to make that lopsided wig her thing by turning it into iconography. Why are they taking tips straight out of 2010 Porcelain Black pop hell?
                                          Yeah I also thought the song would be a bop for the gays while the GP pays it absolute dust but for some reason it has gone straight to #1 everywhere it was released

The hair thingy is just a gimmick to stand out at the beginning, she will for sure tone it down after / if she gets more hits.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik
                                            2009 Gaga knockoff

Comment

People are crying out for the return of pop music.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller
                                                People are crying out for the return of pop music.
                                                It never left. There have been tonnes of under-appreciated pop records in recent years (and some big ones too).
                                                late.

Comment

This just makes me want Gaga to drop another 2008-2011 type solo album tbh

Comment

At my age, I can’t relate to anything Ava Max is doing.
                                                    YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

nothing special actually for me, somehow it managed to top German chart this week, weird
                                                      KUBA'S CHART

Comment

yeah, think it's weird af, too, maybe she's a good friend of Kamaliya
                                                        ˇEh, mamá!
                                                        Me quiero matar
                                                        El mundo se va a la mierda
                                                        Y no he hecho nada

Comment

Originally posted by jszmiles
                                                          somehow it managed to top German chart this week, weird
                                                          The albanian mafia came through
                                                          We love hardcore stans

Comment

just heard her barbie girl song on spotify. its a god damn mess. legend status cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by jszmiles
                                                              nothing special actually for me, somehow it managed to top German chart this week, weird
                                                              achievement unlocked
                                                              Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Working...
                                                              X