Duncan Laurence - Arcade [ESC 2019 Netherlands]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by flopho View Post
    Really thought this would be a hit around Europe like back when Heroes, Euphoria, etc won
    well, not in the streaming era, I guess.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Well, it's definitely the most successful winning entry since 2015 ("Heroes"). As heppolo says, since the streaming era ESC entries have it harder to become a hit on the charts so Duncan is doing fine enough.

Comment

• Duncan's just added a few more concerts to his European tour:

14.11.19 Milano, Italy
        18.11.19 Barcelona, Spain
        25.11.19 Warsaw, Poland
        01.12.19 Antwerp, Belgium

His concert in Cologne is officially sold-out (after being re-located after huge demand). So glad I got tickets!

+ "Arcade" has hit 50 million streams on Spotify last week!
        Last edited by Mainshow; Tue June 25, 2019, 12:20.
        Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
          well, not in the streaming era, I guess.
          Yeah I guess it was predictable with streaming, but idk I just thought he would get more radio support, especially since it's a very radio-friendly song.
          Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus lÓ, baby

Comment

• Duncan just released the acoustic version of "Arcade". It's simply beautiful (I love it how he has altered his singing in the 2nd verse).
            It's even accompanied by an own music video!

Comment

• ^ That's nice! Though I think he should move on to another song finally...

Comment

• Beautiful acoustic version but I have to say I am over this song now.
                I have seen him live a few weeks ago and he has a diverse catalogue of recordings already and is also still recording. I would love to hear some of the songs I heard live in studio recording, so I hope for some more single releases or an album/EP in the coming few months tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                  ^ That's nice! Though I think he should move on to another song finally...
                  Eurovision took place two months ago. I think that it's fair enought that he hasn't moved to another song already. It's still kinda "fresh".

I love the new Acoustic Version, it's slightly adds more intimacy to the song's essence.
                  [MENTION=23048]IVyoncÚ[/MENTION]
                  That's awesome! I can't wait to see him live later this year as well. Hopefully, he will have released a few more singles or his album by then.

Comment

• Cute. I'm ready for a new single though.
                    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• If only Duncan was as charismatic as Salvador (in a quirky way) or Mahmood, he probably could have pulled off a better result chart-wise. Illness and ignoring the English-language potential hurt Salvador commercially (but he clearly doesn't seem to care).
                      Eventually if "Arcade" was done by the likes of Lewis Capaldi, it would have been a monster UK hit.

Comment

• Salvador is as charismatic as a root canal treatment

Comment

Salvador is as charismatic as a root canal treatment
                          I would disagree, for a while Salvador made himself a true Eurovision villain, like that "fast-food music" statement or Netta/Eleni comments became an inside joke and Salvador's antics, his 2007 weird moves, gestures and a homeless street musician look (Thom Yorke-like) remains some kind of an outsider trademark. For instance, various "Your Face Sounds Familiar" shows in Spain, Greece, Russia and other countries still feature parodies of that Salvador performance amongst the other regularly parodied Eurovision big names (Verka, Eleni & Loreen).
                          "Arcade" and Duncan himself appear to be a bit too safe to find a source for a good joke/parody/memorable content. The most memorable thing about him in the ESC fandom is sadly his naked bum in the music video.
                          And these days gimmicks are essential for a long-term Eurovision cult status. Otherwise you might become Elli & Nikki.
                          Last edited by heppolo; Sun July 21, 2019, 19:35.

Comment

LOL! So harsh.
                            Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• from 0:57 whew the impacT

Comment

Disagree! The treatment is useful...
                                My Music Blog - PopStonesHeroes.com

My Facebook

Comment

• Duncan's officially single again...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
                                    Duncan's officially single again...
                                    Let me take my chance during his tour

Comment

• Such a beautiful song, still. I wa slistening to this early this morning while walking to work. It's so peaceful.

I think a new single will be released soon, as he teased there's something coming.
                                      Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• With Mahmood and Luca releasing their follow-up this and next week it would be cool if Duncan also announces his new single soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                          With Mahmood and Luca releasing their follow-up this and next week it would be cool if Duncan also announces his new single soon
                                          Ilse should have told Duncan that you always gotta have a follow-up ready just in case.
                                          Now his momentum is not as strong as it could have been even 2 months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncÚ View Post
                                            Let me take my chance during his tour
                                            Don't meddle with my own plans, pls

Comment

Ilse should have told Duncan that you always gotta have a follow-up ready just in case.
                                              I agree.
                                              Can't wait to hear what he comes out with next though. Hopefully not a bland copy of 'Arcade'
                                              Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
                                                Duncan's officially single again...

...and i'm ready for the next single too. Let's hope the next music video can be even more daring and homoerotic.[/shallow]

Comment

Well he performs full setlists with his own material, with enough single worthy material

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncÚ View Post
                                                    Well he performs full setlists with his own material, with enough single worthy material
                                                    but where are those singles? some unfinished (or unrefined) business

Comment

Working...
                                                    X