No announcement yet.

Duncan Laurence - Arcade [ESC 2019 Netherlands]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New peak positions: n29 in UK, n26 in Ireland, plus Portugal (100-52) and France (181-113).

I think it will enter the BB Hot 100 chart either next week or the week after.

Comment

• Wow so many good chart updates!
      Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Norway: 17 (14)
        Austria: 42 (45)
        Sweden: 47 (45)
        Germany: 60 (58)
        Last edited by Mainshow; Sun February 28, 2021, 00:04.
        Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• It's rising on Spotify in both Germany and Austria, so I am expecting it to jump a few spots this week.

It also peaked at n11 in Malaysia (official music charts) last week!

Originally posted by greek_boy View Post
          New peak positions: n29 in UK, n26 in Ireland, plus Portugal (100-52) and France (181-113).

I think it will enter the BB Hot 100 chart either next week or the week after.

up to n96 in France!

Comment

• all via a remix...I feel like "Rockefeller Street" from the ESC 2011 wasted a massive opportunity at making the charts back in the day
            Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Nobody to do his sales topic?

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                all via a remix...I feel like "Rockefeller Street" from the ESC 2011 wasted a massive opportunity at making the charts back in the day

but the tiktok version is not available on any digital platforms.

the popularity of Arcade is massively boosted by being added to major playlists on Apple Music and Spotify (e.g. Today's Pop Hits with 27m followers).
                In addition, it's receiving airplay in many countries, for example, US HAC and AC radio stations have started playing it and the song entered the Top 40 charts.

Rockefeller street could've gone viral in tiktok, if tiktok existed back in 2011 lol

By the way, Arcade is not the only ESC song going viral in tiktok. Toy went viral last year but it didn't reenter any charts like Arcade, which shows that Arcade's success should not be credited purely on tiktok.

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

but the tiktok version is not available on any digital platforms.

the popularity of Arcade is massively boosted by being added to major playlists on Apple Music and Spotify (e.g. Today's Pop Hits with 27m followers).
                  In addition, it's receiving airplay in many countries, for example, US HAC and AC radio stations have started playing it and the song entered the Top 40 charts.

Rockefeller street could've gone viral in tiktok, if tiktok existed back in 2011 lol

By the way, Arcade is not the only ESC song going viral in tiktok. Toy went viral last year but it didn't reenter any charts like Arcade, which shows that Arcade's success should not be credited purely on tiktok.

rockefeller street's nightcore went viral in the early 2018, the first Eurovision entry to go viral on Tiktok.

Before the TikTok era, Eurovision only had Epic Sax Guy, Dschingis Khan and Lordi's music video (the door being slammed) as the viral moments.

Tiktok wasn't as impactful and Toy's virality was really local and short-lived, playlists massively boosted Arcade's popularity and made it really relevant. I guess that major label backing worked wonders. Which proves the fact that you can still sell old Snow Patrol songs under a different name.

Comment

• Good to see this song charting again. It deserves to
                    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Soooo Arcade was certified Gold in Mexico! lol

https://twitter.com/UMusicMexico/sta...63474291339268

How's that possible, the song didn't even chart there.

Originally posted by heppolo View Post

rockefeller street's nightcore went viral in the early 2018, the first Eurovision entry to go viral on Tiktok.

Before the TikTok era, Eurovision only had Epic Sax Guy, Dschingis Khan and Lordi's music video (the door being slammed) as the viral moments.

Tiktok wasn't as impactful and Toy's virality was really local and short-lived, playlists massively boosted Arcade's popularity and made it really relevant. I guess that major label backing worked wonders. Which proves the fact that you can still sell old Snow Patrol songs under a different name.

omg that video hahaha why do i find out about it now?? i don't recall seeing it in any ESC-related websites.

Eurovision had many epic moments, Loreen's Euphoria also went viral, Verka (well it was back in the time when social media did not exist or at least were not powerful as now) and of course CONCHITA etc.

Toy went viral worldwide thanks to TikTok but it wasn't as impactful as Arcade, which is weird to me because Toy has all the ingredients to become a big viral hit like Gangnam style (for example). I'm still surprised it never took off despite the promo she did in the States (which is nothing compared to the minimal promo Duncan did abroad) and the new Not Your Toy remix that Netta released following the success on TikTok.

I think Arcade's success is a combination of many factors and let's not forget that it's always about good timing. I'm glad the song is getting the success it deserves now! I guess Duncan would've been promoting a lot if coronavirus didn't exist :(

Comment

Toy went viral worldwide thanks to TikTok but it wasn't as impactful as Arcade, which is weird to me because Toy has all the ingredients to become a big viral hit like Gangnam style (for example). I'm still surprised it never took off despite the promo she did in the States (which is nothing compared to the minimal promo Duncan did abroad) and the new Not Your Toy remix that Netta released following the success on TikTok.
                        also Carla's "Bim Bam Toi" (Junior Eurovision 2019) went viral on French and Russian TikTok (77M views on youtube alone, it's funny how youtube hasn't fully caught up with either "Arcade" or "Think About Things" virality),

Comment

also Carla's "Bim Bam Toi" (Junior Eurovision 2019) went viral on French and Russian TikTok (77M views on youtube alone, it's funny how youtube hasn't fully caught up with either "Arcade" or "Think About Things" virality),
                          Yes Bim Bam Toi was a viral hit in France (didn't know about RU) and it's the first jESC song to become a hit in France. I guess it became an even bigger hit than most ESC entries lol

I agree about Think about things views (very weird that its views did not take off despite its chart success and virality) but Arcade is a hit on YT, even in major markets like UK, Germany and US:

YouTube:
                          #7 Cyprus
                          #9 Slovenia
                          #11 Malaysia
                          #11 Norway
                          #13 Denmark
                          #14 Malta
                          #16 Sweden
                          #18 Belgium
                          #20 Czech Republic
                          #20 Ireland
                          #21 Finland
                          #23 Switzerland
                          #24 Estonia
                          #25 Canada
                          #25 Portugal
                          #28 United Kingdom
                          #30 Austria
                          #36 Germany
                          #38 Netherlands
                          #39 Hungary
                          #48 Poland
                          #50 Australia
                          #69 France
                          #71 Romania
                          #78 United States
                          #80 Italy
                          #84 New Zealand
                          #86 Israel
                          #95 Serbia

Comment

Yes Bim Bam Toi was a viral hit in France (didn't know about RU) and it's the first jESC song to become a hit in France. I guess it became an even bigger hit than most ESC entries lol

I agree about Think about things views (very weird that its views did not take off despite its chart success and virality) but Arcade is a hit on YT, even in major markets like UK, Germany and US:
                            the total number of "Arcade" views is still low, you'd expect the "Uno"/"Toy" numbers judgind by the size of the hit and reaching that many markets

Comment

the total number of "Arcade" views is still low, you'd expect the "Uno"/"Toy" numbers judgind by the size of the hit and reaching that many markets
                              As you can see Arcade is charting on multiple markets on YT (trends) but the question is which version or do they combine all views of the song?

I know for a fact that there are many unofficial YT videos of Arcade with millions of views in the last 2 months (TikTok versions etc), plus the audio-video of Arcade (uploaded by Duncan's official channel) has seen a huge increase in views (over 30m views the single version and more than 3 million views the EP version). Huge numbers for audio videos. I think there is an unofficial lyric video that has over 30m views as well.

Uno/Toy got big when they first released/uploaded on YT so they have already a big advantage in terms of views against Arcade. Plus, their music videos went viral while the music video of Arcade did not go viral - it was the song itself that went viral, which means people would rather stream it on a music platform like Spotify and Apple Music.

Comment

As you can see Arcade is charting on multiple markets on YT (trends) but the question is which version or do they combine all views of the song?

I know for a fact that there are many unofficial YT videos of Arcade with millions of views in the last 2 months (TikTok versions etc), plus the audio-video of Arcade (uploaded by Duncan's official channel) has seen a huge increase in views (over 30m views the single version and more than 3 million views the EP version). Huge numbers for audio videos. I think there is an unofficial lyric video that has over 30m views as well.

Uno/Toy got big when they first released/uploaded on YT so they have already a big advantage in terms of views against Arcade. Plus, their music videos went viral while the music video of Arcade did not go viral - it was the song itself that went viral, which means people would rather stream it on a music platform like Spotify and Apple Music.
                                Also Russia was kinda late to Spotify game (but "UNO" audio-viedeo still has 11 million views, which is massive for such a joke entry)

Fletcher remix (which I am not a fan of) absolutely got ton of views (more than 30M altogether). I think in the coming few months it's not only going to double but maybe triple the number of views, hopefully becoming a gateway into Eurovision for some people

Comment

Also Russia was kinda late to Spotify game (but "UNO" audio-viedeo still has 11 million views, which is massive for such a joke entry)

Fletcher remix (which I am not a fan of) absolutely got ton of views (more than 30M altogether). I think in the coming few months it's not only going to double but maybe triple the number of views, hopefully becoming a gateway into Eurovision for some people

Yes, Spotify was recently launched in Russia so I'm curious to see if any ESC 21 songs become streaming hits there.

Still, Little Big are massive in Russia (and other ex-USSR countries) and their music videos have always gathered millions of views (didn't their first single become a viral hit?) so I'm not really surprised about the views of Uno. Imagine if they had actually performed in ESC last year, views would've been even bigger.

Honestly, I don't think the Fletcher remix has that success. It's mostly the solo version charting and being added in playlists. Also, the solo version went viral on TikTok.

The new lyric video of the Fletcher version is increasing its views a lot (almost 10m) but i guess it has to do with the fact that it is titled as 'loving you is a losing game' which is the phrase that become viral on TikTok and most of the new fans of the song from TikTok are searching for Arcade by typing 'loving you is a losing game', i read that on YT.

Most of the other unofficial videos have the solo version.

I am surprised US radio stations play the solo version instead of the duet one which features FLETCHER who's American.

Comment

• By the way, Arcade was certified Gold in Canada!!! wow first Mexico now Canada - honestly i think a Gold cert in US is possible (the song is getting around 300k streams on a daily basis in US)

Comment

• Swiss Singles Charts

18 (27) 15 Arcade

Comment

• The FLETCHER remix made me fall in love with this gem all over again.
                                        Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                          Swiss Singles Charts

18 (27) 15 Arcade
                                          I will be really surprised if it gets a new peak (current peak position is n6) but it will get a Gold certification sooner or later.

Comment

• Arcade climbs to #20 on Billboard's US AC chart. :-)

Comment

• It's resurfacing on various charts. Not sure about the reason behind it. I expect it to be on my chart next week.
                                              Global Hits Chart: Weekly top 40 songs with audio programs.

Comment

• Originally posted by globalhitschart View Post
                                                It's resurfacing on various charts. Not sure about the reason behind it. I expect it to be on my chart next week.
                                                It‘s all over TikTok, that‘s the main reason why it‘s so successful again

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post

It‘s all over TikTok, that‘s the main reason why it‘s so successful again
                                                  That's what I was speculating. These days, when an old song resurfaces or debuts on the chart, it's always because of TikTok
                                                  Global Hits Chart: Weekly top 40 songs with audio programs.

Comment

• The song will be sent to US Mainstream Top 40 radio on the 23rd of March!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X