Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil Nas X - Old Town Road (I Got The Horses In The Back)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
    It’s a double-edged sword (more of a negative tbh). I don’t want our precious negros enjoying the same stuff as redneck trash with MAGA hats.
    so funny
    Forever Young

Comment

• I know I will probably get dragged for this BUT I am a tad bit salty that this will break Mariah's record....ok drag lightly

Comment

• Originally posted by Mugen View Post
        Wow. He is smart!

Let's be real with each other. Mariah found a way to cheat the charts with "One Sweet Day" as well. Selling it for 49 cents to 99 cents by giving it to record stores for free. Once they broke the record it zoomed right down the charts. https://www.nytimes.com/1996/01/25/a...nipulated.html

I am so curious to know how her 49 cent singles (One Sweet Day, Honey, My All, Loverboy, Heartbreaker etc.) would have performed without that.

People are actually streaming and clicking on "Old Town Road". As terrible of a song it is... can't deny it's success.

If Whitney did that 49 cent single with "I Will Always Love You" it would have probably been #1 for 20+ weeks.

Also.... I'm a Mariah fan, but you know what they were doing with her back in the day on the charts. lol
        Last edited by lovedeluxe; Mon July 22nd, 2019, 16:42.

Comment

• Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
          I think they should allow up to 1 remix to add to the originals charting
          These remixes are adding minimal points to the total to be honest.

Also lambs acting as if Mariah never used remixes need to have a seat. She had two versions of Fantasy, Thank God I found you, Honey and loads of others. And then she payolad and discounted her songs heavily to ensure number one peaks.

Comment

• "One Sweet Day" and "Despacito" now have a roommate to share space with:

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy

When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT, GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• YES, 16 weeks confirmed. Congratulations to Lil Nas.

Tying with Boyz II Men and Luis Fonsi, plus Bieber and Mimi.

Comment

• Can’t we sue him for that?
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Will probably have a 17th week. I have to say... I hate that THIS song will break the record. I really do think it's a terrible song... HOWEVER, you can't deny how massive it has been and the choices that were made to keep it at #1.

Comment

• If he manages that, he’ll displace his mentor Onika as my permanent worst artist of all time
                      Originally posted by beredy

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT, GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

If he manages that, he’ll displace his mentor Onika as my permanent worst artist of all time
                        This is kinda funny! A Barb breaking Mariah's record.....

Comment

• I still value 16 wks of Bryan Adams' "Everything I Do" in the UK above all of the Billboard record holders, since the UK chart was sales-only back then.
                          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                            I still value 16 wks of Bryan Adams' "Everything I Do" in the UK above all of the Billboard record holders, since the UK chart was sales-only back then.
                            That was an incredible run at the top.

Comment

• This song is pure trash as was one hit wonder Despacito. One Sweet Day is the quality that will stand the test of time.
                              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Old town road is so excellent. It deserves all its accolades.

Comment

• Nobody cares about personal taste though, it will be the new record holder. As for Mimi, it's amazing that she has held the record for more than 20 years.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
                                    This song is pure trash as was one hit wonder Despacito. One Sweet Day is the quality that will stand the test of time.

if you really want to start this stupid discussion about what is trash or one hit wonder, believe me there are some for who the third one belongs to both trash and one-hit-wonder category.
                                    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                      Nobody cares about personal taste though, it will be the new record holder. As for Mimi, it's amazing that she has held the record for more than 20 years.
                                      *co held, as part of a duet with Boyz II Men.

Comment

• People do discount Boys II Men in One Sweet Day when they were just as big as Mariah at the time (in the U.S)

This song has been a monster and deserves everything it’s achieved!!!

The Lamb meltdowns next week if this gets a 17th week are gonna be an event.

Comment

If he manages that, he’ll displace his mentor Onika as my permanent worst artist of all time
                                          You just hate for no reason tbh
                                          Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                            No talent, no love.
                                            Originally posted by beredy

Comment

No talent, no love.
                                              Well the masses seem to think he is talented so....

i think Mariah's fans are too harsh on people then cry when the venom comes back at your fav.

She has not been exactly vocally healthy for like a decade now etc
                                              Forever Young

Comment

• Her I wanna know what love is perfomance sounds like she is guzzling watermelon in her throat
                                                Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                                                  People do discount Boys II Men in One Sweet Day when they were just as big as Mariah at the time (in the U.S)

This song has been a monster and deserves everything it’s achieved!!!

The Lamb meltdowns next week if this gets a 17th week are gonna be an event.
                                                  Yes, Boyz II Men had held the record on their own with End of the road, then matched Whitney Houstons then 14 week record with I'll make love to you. Legends, they were massive at the time in the US and played a HUGE part in the success of One Sweet Day.
                                                  Last edited by InFamous; Tue July 23rd, 2019, 04:50.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                                    The lambs have done quite well hiding their true feelings about the record being broken but the bitterness is starting to seep out now. Roll on Week 17.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X