Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil Nas X - Old Town Road (I Got The Horses In The Back)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    I support a lot of artists.
    With your kind of support... who needs enemies?
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• I agree with you. I am a Mariah fan too. I pretty much love all the divas but out of all of them... she had the most chart tricks. As a kid I remember seeing her singles for 49 cents at the checkout but I didn't realize it was to get them to #1 I just thought they were super cheap and on sale and then obviously they did it with other Columbia acts like Destiny's Child.

Mariah would have still been successful but obviously a lot of her singles might not have been #1 without 49 cent deals.

Comment

• Oh, please. There’s a big difference between incorporating some subtle elements and the imagery that Lil Onika is flaunting + getting a huge country star to make it a #1
        Originally posted by beredy
        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
          I read that Sony placed OSD's bar-code on a lot of other artists' singles and that's how they cheated.
          Yes, that was also reported by music stores. Vile behaviour. The industry knows what went on.

Comment

• Here we go with the conspiracy theories again.

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
              Oh, please. There’s a big difference between incorporating some subtle elements and the imagery that Lil Onika is flaunting + getting a huge country star to make it a #1
              There are no rules in music. What is the difference between Taylor Swift switching from country to pop and Lil Nas incorporating country into rap? It is called experimenting and forward thinking.

Sounds like you need to open your mind a little.

Comment

Oh, please. There’s a big difference between incorporating some subtle elements and the imagery that Lil Onika is flaunting + getting a huge country star to make it a #1
                As a Mariah fan I don't get why you are mad. Lil Nas X found a way to keep his song at #1 by releasing remixes that people actually watched/streamed/bought. It's still #1 on iTunes.

Mariah sold singles for 49 cents during a time singles were anywhere between $2.99-$7.99 (maxi singles!) to get songs to #1.

Both found ways to keep a song at #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                  With your kind of support... who needs enemies?
                  I probably listen to Mariah as much as you or any of those other delusioners who have been attacking me left and right but I do not feel the need to lie for her, or kiss her ass at every turn of the dice. Or pretend she is perfect and above criticism. No mam.

Comment

• My immaculate ears have heard neither OSD or OTR.
                    Or at least I dont even remember how they sound.
                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I couldn't care less what song is the longest-running #1 song on a chart I couldn't care less about either, but this song is plain terrible.
                      Whitney Houston

Comment

• Originally posted by lovedeluxe View Post
                        As a Mariah fan I don't get why you are mad. Lil Nas X found a way to keep his song at #1 by releasing remixes that people actually watched/streamed/bought. It's still #1 on iTunes.

Mariah sold singles for 49 cents during a time singles were anywhere between $2.99-$7.99 (maxi singles!) to get songs to #1.

Both found ways to keep a song at #1.
                        And dont forget the radio payola which also helped keep it afloat.

Comment

• Oh yeah, song is non event here, I listened to it once on youtube when it reached #1 on Hot 100, and haven't heard it at all after that. I never heard OSD outside my winamp. So as far records go, Despacito should've got it. It was this decade's macarena.

Comment

Here we go with the conspiracy theories again.

Is it? Reported by Billboard, New York Times, People... etc

Mariah is a legend. That won't change. But at least be real with yourself.

https://www.nytimes.com/1996/01/25/a...nipulated.html

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...ychiatric-care

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen View Post
                              Oh yeah, song is non event here, I listened to it once on youtube when it reached #1 on Hot 100, and haven't heard it at all after that. I never heard OSD outside my winamp. So as far records go, Despacito should've got it. It was this decade's macarena.
                              I live in the states. I hear OTR often. Can't tell you the last time I heard OSD.... I hear Always Be My Baby more than that! Maybe they should have put all of their energy into that song.

Comment

• Originally posted by lovedeluxe View Post
                                Is it? Reported by Billboard, New York Times, People... etc

Mariah is a legend. That won't change. But at least be real with yourself.

https://www.nytimes.com/1996/01/25/a...nipulated.html

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...ychiatric-care
                                Lambs are in deep denial about certain things.

Or else they know and choose to ignore the truth.

Take your pick ;)

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/maria...HJ3uI6iwrdYDcY
                                Last edited by InFamous; Tue July 23rd, 2019, 18:56.

Comment

And dont forget the radio payola which also helped keep it afloat.
                                  I even read they placed a gun to people's heads to buy her singles. And they had Whitney sing her songs. Mariah has never sung a word. When they couldn't keep up the charade they faked Whitney's death. So now Whitney just has to concentrate on singing Mariah's songs, while live a quiet life.

Comment

• If country rap is considered “forward thinking”, I’d rather be exiled from society.

Comment

I even read they placed a gun to people's heads to buy her singles. And they had Whitney sing her songs. Mariah has never sung a word. When they couldn't keep up the charade they faked Whitney's death. So now Whitney just has to concentrate on singing Mariah's songs, while live a quiet life.
                                      You're trying too hard. And bringing Whitney's death into it is tasteless and disgusting.
                                      At ease, soldier.

Comment

• I actually agree that if there was any song that deserved the record, it should have been Despacito, or even I Gotta Feeling: Those felt like events.

Comment

If country rap is considered “forward thinking”, I’d rather be exiled from society.
                                          It seems the country does not agree with you. It's 16 weeks at No 1 shows its popularity.
                                          Maybe it's time to pack your bags ?

Comment

You're trying too hard. And bringing Whitney's death into it is tasteless and disgusting.
                                            At ease, soldier.
                                            How did you know I am a soldier? You are getting bonus points.

But I am surprised you didn't know about the rumours about Whitney/Mariah. Yes, it is tasteless, but there are other infamous people on here with no taste, so I am just joining the party.

Comment

If country rap is considered “forward thinking”, I’d rather be exiled from society.
                                              It seems the country does not agree with you. It's 16 weeks at No 1 shows its popularity.

Comment

How did you know I am a soldier? You are getting bonus points.

But I am surprised you didn't know about the rumours about Whitney/Mariah. Yes, it is tasteless, but there are other infamous people on here with no taste, so I am just joining the party.
                                                Excuse me but I would never joke about someones death.

Comment

• The irony of you saying “pack your bags” when we know what’s coming next.

Comment

Sounds very familiar? Your real name is Donald?

Comment

• I love them lamb tears hehehehehe

Stop bishing please babes

Be glad at that least the record is being broken by a black gay dude, breaking some stereotypes. Could’ve been an annoying jerk basic white guy like the beaver
                                                      Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• So how long are we looking at for this to stay at number 1? Who's the next contender? Taylor? I'm starting to think only Adele can take this guy down.

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                                          So how long are we looking at for this to stay at number 1? Who's the next contender? Taylor? I'm starting to think only Adele can take this guy down.
                                                          Well he might just get week 17 and since now he’s a lot lower than when Taylor released the last singles, she might score on this new one if it comes out one of these weeks
                                                          Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• Maybe Drake if he releases a really strong single.
                                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• He hasn’t really done anything strong since Find Yo Love

Comment

Working...
                                                              X