Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil Nas X - Old Town Road (I Got The Horses In The Back)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    That Mariah 'remix' kind of sounds interesting... adding a Middle Eastern vibe to the song. Either way - pressure on Lil Nas X will be immense to come up with a successful follow-up single. Poor him in that regard, but I believe that he's still enjoying his 'Old Town Road' success as he probably never believed that it would become such a huge thing in the first place.
    I don't think he is really under much pressure. I mean Boyz II men barely had another hit single after One Sweet Day and Mariah's career certainly cooled down after also ( before her 2005 comeback). Whatever happens after it will not change what happened with THIS song at THIS time. So in my opinion, the after is irrelevant for now. Even if he never has another hit again, OTR will still remain the most successful debut single of all time and the longest running number one in history.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
      Mod Note

There has been an increasing number of reports and infractions coming from this thread.

Please refrain from arguments and trolling. We will lock this thread if necessary.
      I don't think it is in any way fair to lock the Lil Nas thread because the lambs are derailing it.
      Remove them from the thread if needed. You can clearly see that they came in here trying to discredit Lil Nas and also looking for arguments. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
        I think it is in every way fair to lock the Lil Nas thread because InFamous is derailing it.
        Remove him from UKMIX if needed. You can clearly see that he has come in here and several other threads looking for arguments. Thank you.
        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Mod Note:

I've offered infractions for baiting posts and ignoring moderator instructions.

As InFamous accumulated 100 infraction points, the user has been automatically banned from the forum for 7 days.
          See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
          See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• 100 infraction points lol.
            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Anyhow...

Lil Nas X got eight VMAs nominations out of that video

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                Where are all these lambs that are apparently bitching. From what I've seen on Facebook and twitter, most lambs are happy for the guy. As Kelly Clarkson said when Taylor was meant to break her billboard record: records are made to be broken.

I get that Mariahs team did was a bit shady. But those so called forgotten hits are still being streamed more than some of her peers biggest hits. Just saying.
                And dassit. Thank U.
                Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• I‘m so tired of this desperate meme that no one will remember a year from now
                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• OMFG!!! This man will be bigger thank Jesus soon.
                    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                      I don't think he is really under much pressure. I mean Boyz II men barely had another hit single after One Sweet Day and Mariah's career certainly cooled down after also ( before her 2005 comeback). Whatever happens after it will not change what happened with THIS song at THIS time. So in my opinion, the after is irrelevant for now. Even if he never has another hit again, OTR will still remain the most successful debut single of all time and the longest running number one in history.
                      Well, Boyz II Men were a force prior to "One Sweet Day". Obviously, Mariah was huge in the 1990s but this wouldn't have been #1 for sixteen weeks if it weren't for Boyz II Men as well. "On Bendeed Knee" (1994) was a Hot 100 #1 for six weeks, "End of the Road" (1992) was #1 for thirteen weeks, and "I'll Make Love to You" (1994) was #1 for fourteen weeks. Boyz II Men actually held the longest number one together with Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" (1992) until "One Sweet Day" (1995) came along.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

I‘m so tired of this desperate meme that no one will remember a year from now
                        People still remember "Gangnam Style" though
                        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• There have been tons of terrible #1 songs in the USA in the last few years. This one is a good song with a great video. Also, it's nice to have a black gay guy topping charts.

BTW I do like One Sweet Day, but despite holding the record it's not Mariah's biggest song, and it's definitely not her best one.
                          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• This song topped streaming and sales charts for God knows how many weeks. A song this dominating deserves to break the record, whether i like it or not.
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I've been over this for a while now. He needs to stop with the remixes.
                              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• ^ I think they will start focusing on Panini as soon as this has the record next week.
                                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• ^ Why? He's got a chance to break the record, i'd say go for it.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• 49-year-old Carey was arriving to dinner and asked if she was worried that the young rapper was going to beat her record and her response is hilarious. Mariah responded in true diva fashion with, "Darling, no!" as she walked into the restaurant.
                                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• aha Mariah
                                      Forever Young

Comment

• She would've jumped on a remix if she cared about that record imo.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Girl, another rmx lol
                                          I can't even.
                                          Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                            ^ Why? He's got a chance to break the record, i'd say go for it.
                                            Exactly. Go ahead and break the record. I've said before... I don't love this record AT all, but it's fun and I get why people do love it.

No one can argue that he was VERY smart in releases remixes that people will actually listen to. All of the divas put out dance mixes that don't really do well. He figured out a way to release a new mix every week to keep the song at #1. Brilliant.

Comment

• Another remix? I guess Nas X isn't satisfied with 17 weeks.

Comment

• What's next? Beyonce? Drake? Lady Gaga? Janet and Madonna together finally? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by lovedeluxe View Post
                                                  Janet and Madonna together finally? LOL
                                                  That I'd probably give a listen to just because those voices combined on this track ... Would be like that wreck that you can't look away from.

Comment

• I'm sick of it

Comment

• A celebration today!
                                                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy
                                                        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Listening to the "Carry On" song on Spotify right now and I'm confused. Which portion of the song he's supposedly 'jacking'?

Anyway, it won't stop the song from its way to 20 weeks at #1 though.

Comment

• ANYWAY new remix with a member of BTS.

What if there is a separate remix featuring each member of BTS released in a 7-week span? Here for it.

Comment

• At this point, I don't think he's desperate to grab that record. He's just releasing all these remixes to have fun and to troll people (like some of y'all).

Comment

Working...
                                                              X