Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil Nas X - Old Town Road (I Got The Horses In The Back)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought this was interesting re: Billboard Methodology. I didn't realize that Billboard decided not to include Uptown Funk form the R&B charts, even once R&B started playing it.

https://slate.com/culture/2019/04/li...s-hot-100.html

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
      So here for this getting to #1.

It’s also such a laugh that a Nicki stan has gotten a #1 before her, then proceeded to disavow her by denying that his stan account ever existed.

His label should have done a better job at scrubbing the evidence if they wanted to hide his Nicki stanning past, the receipts are everywhere sksksksk.
      Yeah, honestly, this is the only reason I even checked out this song.
      Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

Regarding the genre issue: There are some country elements in the song, but I'm struggling to categorize it as a country song. Country rap doesn't seem to fit either; that's Jason Aldean's 'Dirt Road Anthem' to me. It reminds me of Xxxtentacion's music, which is a mix of trap with a bit of everything. And that's already the biggest negative aspect about it: Most of Xxxtentacion's songs sound like unfinished demos due to their length - and so does this one. I don't see the point in releasing a song with a length of less than 2 minutes... So it's an OK song that will be forgotten soon though. 3/10
        Don't need hindsight
        I'll make my emotions clear
        And then disappear
        With one strike
        (All Saints)

Comment

Love his sense of humor.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mugen View Post
              Woooowww

Didn't know "The Boy is Mine" was THAT huge in the States.

Comment

Now number 1 in the U.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugen View Post

Now number 1 in the U.K.
                  Unless something massive is released in the coming weeks, i can see Old town road remaining at #1 in the UK until late May/early June.

Comment

Taylor Swift is likely to release a new song next Friday. Not sure how big her hype will be this time, but she's definitely a contender for #1 in UK/US (at least for one week...)

Comment

This now has a bullet of over 1,000 spins on urban radio, one of the largest in the history of the format.

The world is now over.
                      Originally posted by beredy
                      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                        This now has a bullet of over 1,000 spins on urban radio, one of the largest in the history of the format.

The world is now over.
                        You love it.
                        late.

Comment

Just hit no.1 in AUS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MariahScary View Post
                            Just hit no.1 in AUS!!!
                            Just had a listen, I'm like WTF never heard of this before. It reminding me a little bit of the Nelly + Tim McGraw #1 'Over n Over' back in 2005 in terms of the genre thing.
                            UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

Originally posted by Affillate View Post
                              Just had a listen, I'm like WTF never heard of this before. It reminding me a little bit of the Nelly + Tim McGraw #1 'Over n Over' back in 2005 in terms of the genre thing.
                              Are you telling us Bebe Rexha was lying when she told us she invented the country crossover hit??????

late.

Comment

Are you telling us Bebe Rexha was lying when she told us she invented the country crossover hit??????

Lil Nas X featuring Billy Ray Cyrus & Bebe Rexha - new official remix coming soon. Maybe!

Comment

Love Bebe, but can't at that tweet

(I'd LOOOVE to get a remix with her though)

Comment

Literally garbaj
                                    Originally posted by beredy
                                    When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                      Taylor Swift is likely to release a new song next Friday. Not sure how big her hype will be this time, but she's definitely a contender for #1 in UK/US (at least for one week...)
                                      I wonder if this is big enough to block Taylor from #1 in the US.
                                      Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

LOL yeah poor choice of words there or #DidNotDoHerResearch, looked like she was dragged in the replies.

linked throwback for comparison:

UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                          I wonder if this is big enough to block Taylor from #1 in the US.
                                          Old town road has got two versions combined hence the big dominance on the US billboard chart. Taylor's new single will need to be doing possibly x3 times as many streams to get #1 in America. Considering that it's brand new Taylor Swift, it could potentially achieve those massive streaming figures anyways. Plus if the music video is released on Friday that will also have a massive impact too.

But after that i suspect Lil Nas X will return to #1 the following week.

Speaking of which, did Bebe Rexha seriously not even think of Taylor when she posted that tweet. Ultimate face palm moment.

Comment

Who would've thought that a new single by Taylor Swift's main competition would be a novelty hit that's closer to an intro than a full song actually ?
                                            To me, that Rexha quote doesn't sound like she claims to be the first artist to be involved in a country crossover hit. Country artists have released pop remixes of their songs and pop artists have released country remixes of their songs much earlier than that - even before the days of Faith Hill and Shania Twain. Nevertheless, it's always seemed like there's an invisible barrier between pop and country music and it has been a taboo for pop musicians to experiment with country elements in their music (thinking of Madonna's 'Music' album). So Rexha rather wants to encourage other pop musicians not to be afraid of 'dusty' country music as she broke the taboo herself with her Florida Georgia Line collaboration and scored a big hit with it. Miley Cyrus, Kylie Minogue and Lady Gaga surely contributed to that as well.
                                            Last edited by theMathematician; Sat April 27th, 2019, 17:57.
                                            Don't need hindsight
                                            And then disappear
                                            With one strike
                                            (All Saints)

Comment

We now have a third official remix, this time coming from Diplo:

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                Who would've thought that a new single by Taylor Swift's main competition would be a novelty hit that's closer to an intro than a full song actually ?
                                                To me, that Rexha quote doesn't sound like she claims to be the first artist to be involved in a country crossover hit. Country artists have released pop remixes of their songs and pop artists have released country remixes of their songs much earlier than that - even before the days of Faith Hill and Shania Twain. Nevertheless, it's always seemed like there's an invisible barrier between pop and country music and it has been a taboo for pop musicians to experiment with country elements in their music (thinking of Madonna's 'Music' album). So Rexha rather wants to encourage other pop musicians not to be afraid of 'dusty' country music as she broke the taboo herself with her Florida Georgia Line collaboration and scored a big hit with it. Miley Cyrus, Kylie Minogue and Lady Gaga surely contributed to that as well.
                                                Bebe Rexha just jumped on the bandwagon started by Avicii which mixed Dance/Pop with Country music, both with Wake Me Up and Hey Brother (and actually more stuff).
                                                All she did was follow trends and got lucky with a hit.
                                                I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                                I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Daddy Lessons Influence
                                                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                                    Bebe Rexha just jumped on the bandwagon started by Avicii which mixed Dance/Pop with Country music, both with Wake Me Up and Hey Brother (and actually more stuff).
                                                    All she did was follow trends and got lucky with a hit.
                                                    You're right. I wasn't trying to portray her as innovative; but I don't think it's a bad thing if she wants to encourage other artists to do similar .
                                                    Don't need hindsight
                                                    And then disappear
                                                    With one strike
                                                    (All Saints)

Comment

OMG!!!
                                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Is he serious? I mean, are they all serious?

Adele? Gaga? Beyoncé? Rihanna? Elton John?

...and Stuart Little / Thanos. I mean WTF is going on?

Comment

Lol that has to be a joke. Tupac
                                                          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                                          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                                            Is he serious? I mean, are they all serious?

Adele? Gaga? Beyoncé? Rihanna? Elton John?

...and Stuart Little / Thanos. I mean WTF is going on?
                                                            Well, we know there's at least one more confirmed remix and it's with Young Thug. So, unless he was able to corral all those artists for a secret, "We Are the World" session, I think it's safe to say that he's trolling.

Comment

You can now order a 7'' vinyl of the "Old Town Road" single with a digital download

Comment

Working...
                                                              X