Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lil Nas X - Old Town Road (I Got The Horses In The Back)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think it sounds old and bitter. It's just a catchy and evergreen bop!

Comment

• Now heard in the "Rambo V" trailer

Comment

• Lil Nas X is for the kids.

Comment

• It's sweet that he performed for the kids - other established artists should learn from that. It may be just me, but the clothing he wore for that performance look closer to what children wear for carnival around here than what real cowboys wear when they ride the horses back to the farm .
          ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• Ninth week at number one and:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mugen View Post
              Ninth week at number one and:

Murriha is shaking
              Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

• I can't imagine Goldmoney's meltdowns if this is the song that'll break Mariah's record
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Apparently, this is gonna block yet another song from the #1 position this week. If so, I think it'll set a record for the number of songs any single song blocked from the top spot.

Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [325-321]

Comment

• It really is amazing how many #2 songs have been blocked. We would have seen chart turnover not seen in years if not for Old Town Road.

Comment

• What does the 787 figure represent? If it's still almost x3 the figure of #2 in its tenth (?) week at #1, Lil Nas X might still be #1 come christmas.

Comment

• I think it's an estimate of the "chart points" attributed to it by the combination of its streams, sales and airplay. Yes, it's crazy how far ahead it is in the US. It looks very possible that it could be a record-breaker there, but it's not likely to hold up anywhere else past 8-10 weeks at #1.
                        Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

• Heard this one for the first time this week end and...yeah I dont get it.
                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by JimJim View Post
                            Yes, it's crazy how far ahead it is in the US. It looks very possible that it could be a record-breaker there, but it's not likely to hold up anywhere else past 8-10 weeks at #1.
                            I won't be surprised if it gets more than 10 weeks at #1 in Australia or/and New Zealand.
                            Last edited by innocenteyes; Tue June 11th, 2019, 09:27.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimJim View Post
                              It looks very possible that it could be a record-breaker there, but it's not likely to hold up anywhere else past 8-10 weeks at #1.
                              That Old Town Road even hit #1 in the UK surprises me. One Sweet Day didn't make the top five in the UK, but ofc, it shares the record in the US.

Who was the last country artist to have a #1 in the UK before Billy Ray?

Comment

• ^^ Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper ('Shallow'), Joe McElderry ('The Climb') and Kid Rock ('All Summer Long') are not strictly country artists, but they had country-influenced No. 1 singles in the UK. Since country music is mostly exclusive to the US and Canada - and even there, they hardly reach No. 1 on the Singles Chart - I don't think that any exclusive country musician has ever reached No. 1 in the UK. At least I couldn't find one going through the chart archive back to 1990.
                                Last edited by theMathematician; Tue June 11th, 2019, 19:32.
                                ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                  ^^ Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper ('Shallow'), Joe McElderry ('The Climb') and Kid Rock ('All Summer Long') are not strictly country artists, but they had country-influenced No. 1 singles in the UK. Since country music is mostly exclusive to the US and Canada - and even there, they hardly reach No. 1 on the Singles Chart - I don't think that any exclusive country musician has ever reached No. 1 in the UK. At least I couldn't find out going through the chart archive back to 1990.
                                  Even Avicii's Wake me up was very influenced by country music even though it's a dance track. The thing with Old town road imo is that it's distinctively urban with country influences and that is what would've made the song popular in the UK (as well as worldwide). Had it sounded like a Carrie Underwood instrumental (i.e. no trap beat or heavy bass) i doubt the impact or appeal would've been the same.
                                  Last edited by JakeP; Tue June 11th, 2019, 19:30.

Comment

• This is growing on radio, slaying streaming and doing great on sales. I can't see any song dethroning this anytime soon. A song this dominating deserves to break records whether i like it or not.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I guess I wasn't necessarily thinking a country song specifically, just an artist known for country music. Like maybe Taylor's early songs, or another collab with a country artist (like Maren on last year's The Middle)

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                        This is growing on radio, slaying streaming and doing great on sales. I can't see any song dethroning this anytime soon. A song this dominating deserves to break records whether i like it or not.
                                        Is here a tv perfomance of the song
                                        Forever Young

Comment

• I keep hearing this randomly and it annoys me everytime

Comment

• This can honestly become the longest #1 song unless a miracle happens today, lol

Comment

• I’m counting on Tayloo.
                                              Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
                                              All dem dead musicians rolling over in their graves 'cause they were never able to come up w/smth as epic and timeless as Kween when she crafted this.

Happy B' day, We beGOAT together <3

Comment

• Originally posted by jpguy View Post
                                                This can honestly become the longest #1 song unless a miracle happens today, lol
                                                I am not exactly mad about it
                                                Forever Young

Comment

• And if Tayloo doesn’t do it, then I might have to make a pact with Satan himself...
                                                  Originally posted by SawyerHewitt
                                                  All dem dead musicians rolling over in their graves 'cause they were never able to come up w/smth as epic and timeless as Kween when she crafted this.

Happy B' day, We beGOAT together <3

Comment

• Honestly I really want this to break the record. Hopefully Ellen performance incoming!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X