Lil Nas X - Old Town Road (I Got The Horses In The Back)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RayRay
    Legend
    • 13 Nov 2011

Originally posted by InFamous
    You're trying too hard. And bringing Whitney's death into it is tasteless and disgusting.
    At ease, soldier.
    How did you know I am a soldier? You are getting bonus points.

But I am surprised you didn't know about the rumours about Whitney/Mariah. Yes, it is tasteless, but there are other infamous people on here with no taste, so I am just joining the party.
    Mariah - Madonna - Debbie Gibson - Céline Dion - Lara Fabian - Linda Eder - Janet Jackson - Whitney Houston

Comment

• InFamous
      Legend
      • 29 Sep 2016

Originally posted by Goldmoney
      If country rap is considered “forward thinking”, I’d rather be exiled from society.
      It seems the country does not agree with you. It's 16 weeks at No 1 shows its popularity.
      Maybe it's time to pack your bags ?
      Billie Eilish claims her second Number 1 single with What Was I Made For? , scoring a last-minute victory over Dua Lipa’s Dance The Night.

Comment

• InFamous
        Legend
        • 29 Sep 2016

Originally posted by RayRay
        How did you know I am a soldier? You are getting bonus points.

But I am surprised you didn't know about the rumours about Whitney/Mariah. Yes, it is tasteless, but there are other infamous people on here with no taste, so I am just joining the party.
        Excuse me but I would never joke about someones death.
        Billie Eilish claims her second Number 1 single with What Was I Made For? , scoring a last-minute victory over Dua Lipa’s Dance The Night.

Comment

• Goldmoney
          Site Supporter
          • 01 Aug 2009

The irony of you saying “pack your bags” when we know what’s coming next.
          Originally posted by DOSSOME
          Since 2005, neither she nor any artist alive or otherwise has managed to release or even record anything better than We Belong Together.

Comment

• RayRay
            Legend
            • 13 Nov 2011

It seems the country does not agree with you. It's 16 weeks at No 1 shows its popularity.
            Maybe it's time to pack your bags ?
            Sounds very familiar? Your real name is Donald?
            Mariah - Madonna - Debbie Gibson - Céline Dion - Lara Fabian - Linda Eder - Janet Jackson - Whitney Houston

Comment

• MusicRecords
              Legend
              • 17 Feb 2012

I love them lamb tears hehehehehe

Stop bishing please babes

Be glad at that least the record is being broken by a black gay dude, breaking some stereotypes. Could’ve been an annoying jerk basic white guy like the beaver
              Hi, I’m Nick

Follow me babes
              https://www.instagram.com/nick_rivas/

Comment

• dylonj
                Personal Assistant
                • 27 Jul 2018

So how long are we looking at for this to stay at number 1? Who's the next contender? Taylor? I'm starting to think only Adele can take this guy down.

Comment

• MusicRecords
                  Legend
                  • 17 Feb 2012

Originally posted by dylonj
                  So how long are we looking at for this to stay at number 1? Who's the next contender? Taylor? I'm starting to think only Adele can take this guy down.
                  Well he might just get week 17 and since now he’s a lot lower than when Taylor released the last singles, she might score on this new one if it comes out one of these weeks
                  Hi, I’m Nick

Follow me babes
                  https://www.instagram.com/nick_rivas/

Comment

• spiritboy
                    Legend
                    • 11 Jan 2004

Maybe Drake if he releases a really strong single.
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Goldmoney
                      Site Supporter
                      • 01 Aug 2009

He hasn’t really done anything strong since Find Yo Love
                      Originally posted by DOSSOME
                      Since 2005, neither she nor any artist alive or otherwise has managed to release or even record anything better than We Belong Together.

Comment

• WEBofDESIRE
                        Manager
                        • 06 Oct 2018

Originally posted by RayRay
                        I even read they placed a gun to people's heads to buy her singles. And they had Whitney sing her songs. Mariah has never sung a word. When they couldn't keep up the charade they faked Whitney's death. So now Whitney just has to concentrate on singing Mariah's songs, while live a quiet life.
                        Honest truth. Mariah's entire career is a fabrication, every single and album secretly purchased by her label. Every radio spin paid for. Every time you hear an old Mariah song from a car on the street, you guessed it, PAID placement. LOL

Did Sony try and work the system, sure. But they were doing so for all of their top artists at the time. As were other labels.

Comment

• InFamous
                          Legend
                          • 29 Sep 2016

Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE
                          Honest truth. Mariah's entire career is a fabrication, every single and album secretly purchased by her label. Every radio spin paid for. Every time you hear an old Mariah song from a car on the street, you guessed it, PAID placement. LOL

Did Sony try and work the system, sure. But they were doing so for all of their top artists at the time. As were other labels.
                          Sony blatantly manipulated the system for Mariah, and eveyone in the industry knows it. That is why no one pays much attention to those forgotten 18 number ones. It was all fabricated and manipulated. And is probably why Grammys and such paid her dust. They knew what was happening.

I don't even care about it to be honest but it is a little ironic when the lambs rush in the Lil Nas's thread trying to discredit him over a remix LOL. The double standards are too much.
                          Last edited by InFamous; Wed July 24, 2019, 00:06.

Comment

• lovedeluxe
                            Roadie
                            • 18 Apr 2017

NONE of these kids knew "One Sweet Day"... the longest running #1 song ever but they all knew "I Want It That Way" by the Backstreet Boys. LOL

8/10 knew Coolios "Gangsta's Paradise"

Comment

• InFamous
                              Legend
                              • 29 Sep 2016

Is this without question the most successful debut single in history ?

Comment

• WEBofDESIRE
                                Manager
                                • 06 Oct 2018

Sony blatantly manipulated the system for Mariah, and eveyone in the industry knows it. That is why no one pays much attention to those forgotten 18 number ones. It was all fabricated and manipulated. And is probably why Grammys and such paid her dust. They knew what was happening.

I don't even care about it to be honest but it is a little ironic when the lambs rush in the Lil Nas's thread trying to discredit him over a remix LOL. The double standards are too much.
                                Yeah, those songs are forgotten, that's why her catalog streams are as good or better than her peers. What everyone SHOULD know is that the "it" artists of the moment are part of the music machine and always have been. Nothing Sony did for Mariah was unique to her, it was just part of the Sony machine at that time. All the labels had their tricks, Sony was just very good at the game in the 90s.

Back to the topic of OTR. LOL

Comment

• InFamous
                                  Legend
                                  • 29 Sep 2016

Yeah, those songs are forgotten, that's why her catalog streams are as good or better than her peers. What everyone SHOULD know is that the "it" artists of the moment are part of the music machine and always have been. Nothing Sony did for Mariah was unique to her, it was just part of the Sony machine at that time. All the labels had their tricks, Sony was just very good at the game in the 90s.

Back to the topic of OTR. LOL
                                  Mariah had a few bonafide hits which most of her streams are coming from. Most of those cheap number ones are forgotten.
                                  And yes, what they did for Mariah WAS unique to her. Her payola and chart manipulation went far above and beyond what anyone else was doing at that time.

Yes back to OTR which looks likely to have 17 weeks at No 1, which is difficult to get, not everybody has that... to their credit.

Comment

• WEBofDESIRE
                                    Manager
                                    • 06 Oct 2018

^ Shows you know very little about the industry at that time. LOL "So don't believe in everything You think, you think you know"

If you researched Sony's #1s during the mid 90s/early aughts you'd be surprised what you find. Really the #1s from any label. There will be the occasional grassroots track or that out of nowhere one-hit-wonder, but most will be full industry machine.

Comment

• GetBack
                                      Legend
                                      • 11 Jun 2010

I think Mariah is often singled out because it all exploded when she tried to throw Tommy under the bus with the Destiny's Child and Jennifer Lopez drama in 2001, when he helped both artists dominate with Survivor and J.Lo albums respectively, and in turn, block Mariah's success with Glitter. She made it too much of a big deal when it was a common thing to do in the 1990s and early 2000s.

What Tommy did for J.Lo and Destiny's Child was the same thing he did when he was still married to her since he was so powerful in Sony at the time. However, all these tactics have been used to help commercial statistics for most major label pop stars, it's not like Mariah is the only one who was able to benefit here. I'm sure even Whitney was able to benefit from Clive doing so much for her, and the same for many others who had a lot of #1 singles here and there. They just didn't make a big deal out of it the way Mariah did back in 2001.

Comment

• InFamous
                                        Legend
                                        • 29 Sep 2016

Originally posted by GetBack
                                        I think Mariah is often singled out because it all exploded when she tried to throw Tommy under the bus with the Destiny's Child and Jennifer Lopez drama in 2001, when he helped both artists dominate with Survivor and J.Lo albums respectively, and in turn, block Mariah's success with Glitter. She made it too much of a big deal when it was a common thing to do in the 1990s and early 2000s.

What Tommy did for J.Lo and Destiny's Child was the same thing he did when he was still married to her since he was so powerful in Sony at the time. However, all these tactics have been used to help commercial statistics for most major label pop stars, it's not like Mariah is the only one who was able to benefit here. I'm sure even Whitney was able to benefit from Clive doing so much for her, and the same for many others who had a lot of #1 singles here and there. They just didn't make a big deal out of it the way Mariah did back in 2001.
                                        None of Whitney's singles were sold for 49 cents.

Comment

• InFamous
                                          Legend
                                          • 29 Sep 2016

^ Shows you know very little about the industry at that time. LOL "So don't believe in everything You think, you think you know"

If you researched Sony's #1s during the mid 90s/early aughts you'd be surprised what you find. Really the #1s from any label. There will be the occasional grassroots track or that out of nowhere one-hit-wonder, but most will be full industry machine.
                                          What you are not getting is that no one really cares about what happened back in 1996 at this point. The irony is that lambs are actively trying to discredit Lil Nas because of a remix while claiming that OSD was an organic hit LOL. That is the issue here.

Comment

Working...