• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billie Eilish - Bad Guy

COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

still haven't warmed up to her, but this bops. good single choice
    last.fm

Comment

Easily the best on the album for me, so I‘m glad she put out a video for it

Comment

Video is quite cool. 8Million views on first 24h
        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Probably up there with Bury A Friend as her best one.

Comment

I like the song and video
            Proceed with Caution

Comment

Addicted to this
              When we lose what we love
              Don't think anything will ever taste the same
              When we lose what we love
              Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                still haven't warmed up to her, but this bops. good single choice

I have to say I'm kind of with you, I really haven't quite got her yet, but this is interesting and good on her for getting success with someone pretty different from what's mainstream right now.
                1 Groove Armada|2 Gjons Tears |3 Tove Lo|4 Jack Garratt |5 Sigma|

Comment

I like how voodoo it is. Reminds me of an edgier Taylor Swift.

Comment

I love how this takes inspiration from so many genres. Reminds of the how eclectic British pop could be in the 2000s.

Does this remind anyone else of Garbage's Push It? I get mad similar vibes whenever I hear it.
                    late.

Comment

As always with Eilish's songs, it's got me thinking "Good ideas actually, but could've been executed better." Instead of that Beyonce's Sorry-esque drop towards the end, she could've included a 3rd verse followed by another chorus. I like that this song, for once, is a bit more uptempo, and the video (despite the knee bruises and her bleeding nose) is actually a bit funny and shows her laughing instead of it full of teenage drama and horror. Due to the many ideas involved during the 3:14-minutes-song, it comes across as rushed and the transitions are a bit sloppy (e.g. when she sings 'I'm the bad guy - duh!"). If she tried to create less edgy songs and instead had them produced to become more cohesive, the whole thing could actually work. 7/10
                      Last edited by theMathematician; Sun June 9th, 2019, 00:58.
                      WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                        I like how voodoo it is. Reminds me of an edgier Taylor Swift.
                        Same! This song gives me so much fire, I've been listening to this each time I walk to work and it makes me feel invincible! Anyone else feeling similar effects with Billie's music? For all we know she could be curing anxiety around the world with her music.
                        Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
                        Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

This is such a cool song, and the video is super awesome. I cannot believe she is only in her teens!!

Comment

Love this, only heard it yesterday...and it’s already top 10 in the US
                            Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

Originally posted by MusicRecords View Post
                              Love this, only heard it yesterday...and it’s already top 10 in the US
                              This is top 10 since its debut I believe. But it is surprising because all her hits so far seemed to be stream based, and mostly driven by her huge fan base, but her appeal has gone global and radio is probably pushing this song as well.
                              I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                              I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

At first i hated this but this is growing on ... thank the radio for having this on loop
                                Forever Young

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                  I have to say I'm kind of with you, I really haven't quite got her yet, but this is interesting and good on her for getting success with someone pretty different from what's mainstream right now.
                                  This song made me warm up to her, at least a little bit. Of all the whole sedated and sleepy sounding vocalists in the Spotify era, she seems to be the one who's destined to be bigger than those in her genre.

Comment

This is one of the best songs of 2019.
                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Now, after 6 weeks, I can honestly say that it really grew on me, which is why I raised the rating in my first post from 6/10 to 7/10. For more points, an additional minute would've been great - I'm still not fully feeling the transition from the last chorus to the outro...

But yes, it happens to be one of the best songs of the year so far.

Comment

If goofy was a sound it would be this. Well, at least my understanding of what goofy is.

Both video and song are at least 8/10.
                                        be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

damn this is so addictive
                                          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

even Brit is a stan
                                            KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Musically; Britney circa mid 00s wasn't so different from the more poppy side of Billie Eilish, so yes, I can see why the song appeals to Britney ;) .

Comment

This is a win purely based on the volume of brilliant spoofs it had produced
                                                Uk the only way

Comment

I hate the breakdown in this song but I remember having to replay the song immediately. Definitely one of the best songs out right now

Comment

Working...
                                                  X