Billie Eilish - Bad Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    Cheap tactics needing a vertical video and a cassette single to go to number one. Talk about manipulating the system.
    OTR needing 90 new remixes every week is cheaper luv.

And "bad guy" is actually a good song.
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

It's really not. Its trash. The payola jumped out.

Comment

she did a remix as well, very very bad one!

good for her for grabbing that #1, shame it only made room for that bloody awful Seniorita song
        KUBA'S CHART

Comment

It's really not. Its trash. The payola jumped out.
          Well Old Town Rubbish can relate baby
          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Well Old Town Rubbish can relate baby
            The 19 week longest number one in history and most successful debut single of all time is unbothered by your bitterness or lack of taste.

Comment

Well I'm so glad this went #1, but correct me if I'm wrong but this went to #1 because of the push of Interscope of the solo version? Bieber remix did nothing for the song tho

Comment

The 19 week longest number one in history and most successful debut single of all time is unbothered by your bitterness or lack of taste.
                "Despacito" spent 16 weeks at #1 and it’s trash, "Gangnam Style" is garbage and was a worldwide hit and has 3.4 billion views. What are you trying to prove?

You seem a little bitter coming here crying about how she manipulated the charts by releasing a vertical video and physical formats when literally everyone does that lmao. Not my fault mediocrity impresses you luv.

Comment

#FACTS

Comment

"Despacito" spent 16 weeks at #1 and it’s trash, "Gangnam Style" is garbage and was a worldwide hit and has 3.4 billion views. What are you trying to prove?

You seem a little bitter coming here crying about how she manipulated the charts by releasing a vertical video and physical formats when literally everyone does that lmao. Not my fault mediocrity impresses you luv.
                    A Britney fan talking about mediocrity nnnnnn

Comment

• I'm glad this went to #1. It's been long overdue.

Comment

• I’m so glad she did it after all these weeks of charting! Well-deserved even if it’s not timely, this is one of the best songs of the decade IMO.

Truth.
                        Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
                        Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

• and with that she is the grammy AOTY favourite
                          Forever Young

Comment

• Yaaaaaas! This song deserves the top spot after spending so many weeks at #2.
                            It's a really good song. Also, very happy the 'Old Town Road' reign is finally over.
                            Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• It does feel like it’s been around forever but it deserves to be a #1 hit, it’s definitely going to be remembered as a 2019 staple.
                              THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• At least it's not reached #1 purely because of the rather dreadful Justin Bieber remix. I even like a some of Bieber's singles but this remix was a massive no for me.

Well done Billie Eilish.

Comment

• She's completely flipping I think, let's hope not.
                                  But this #1 is deserved so let's see if she manages to keep her head straight.
                                  I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                  I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                    It does feel like it’s been around forever but it deserves to be a #1 hit, it’s definitely going to be remembered as a 2019 staple.
                                    duh
                                    Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                      and with that she is the grammy AOTY favourite
                                      True

Comment

• Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• The better performance. This song is really beautiful, it was a great live moment.

Comment

• ^True, wrong thread though as it was posted in the album topic
                                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• She will rock the Grammy 2020 hard! AOTY and ROTY?!?!?!?
                                              Life tastes better with music
                                              Instagram: DC34ever

Comment

• I can totally see her joining Bey and Adele in the exclusive 6 Grammys in one night club tbh
                                                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• #10 on Pitchfork's year end song list.

10. Billie Eilish: “bad guy”

“bad guy” jumps out by not jumping out. Its volume drops abruptly, pulling the listener in close, making them strain to catch the breath braided so exquisitely by Billie Eilish and her co-producer/brother, Finneas O’Connell. A pop miniaturist who shuns grand vocal acrobatics, she skirts the edge of inaudible to invent a new kind of subdued sass. Her virtuosity is in tone and texture: the delicious derision of “duh,” the way she smudges consonants and crumbles vowels in her mouth. Apart from the occasional deliberately unsubtle effect, like the juddering digital croak on the chorus, it’s an artfully crafted illusion of intimacy.

“bad guy” is a crawlspace of a track that feels like it’s made of the same whispery fabric as Eilish’s voice: clicks, whirrs, fingersnaps, and ear-tickling sounds that prompt ASMR tingles. Furtive and nimble, the beat moves just like her lines about “creeping around like no one knows,” yet the bass, when it hits, has the dancefloor heft of trap. As for Eilish’s jaded goth-pop schtick? Those who can only remember being teenage may smile at lines like “My soul? So cynical.” But for the actual teens who’ve followed her rise to the top of the charts, Eilish captures the tender mess of being young and alive. –Simon Reynolds
                                                  https://pitchfork.com/features/lists...st-songs-2019/
                                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Contender for most overrated single of the year
                                                      Originally posted by beredy
                                                      When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Working...
                                                        X