"King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Love This very B'Day imo
      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks...fore-i-let-go/

Comment

The Candy sample is jarring. I’d rather listen to that song or Loverboy which sampled it much better.

Comment

This reminds me a lot of something from the 4 era. Absolutely amazing.

Comment

I adore this, the perfect hybrid of B'Day and 4 imo.still waiting for her to jump in the studio to record an album bringing those two album sounds together with the essence of her Stevie tribute and Beychella

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                The Candy sample is jarring. I’d rather listen to that song or Loverboy which sampled it much better.
                What do you mean though... the song is legit a cover?
                Forever Young

Comment

Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                  What do you mean though... the song is legit a cover?
                  It’s not a straight up cover though. Beyoncé interpolated Cameo’s Candy into the track and added her own verse.

Couldn’t agree less with the Loverboy comment though, Mariah’s use of the sample always sounded flat to me.

The pitchfork review is spot on. This track is giving me so much joy.
                  late.

Comment

This song>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

This is a great summer single, and will tide us over to the new album!
                      thank u, next

Comment

This video >>>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
                          It’s not a straight up cover though. Beyoncé interpolated Cameo’s Candy into the track and added her own verse.

Couldn’t agree less with the Loverboy comment though, Mariah’s use of the sample always sounded flat to me.

The pitchfork review is spot on. This track is giving me so much joy.
                          Yea I got that and all but all in all the song is meant to be a fun cover so what more were people expecting... an I will always love you moment?
                          Forever Young

Comment

This is perfect for the summer days
                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Wait is this a new song?
                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Ugh Queen this is a black CLASSIC!!!! Yes ma’am
                                Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Love it!!!
                                  | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                    Wait is this a new song?
                                    Yes
                                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

On repeat.

This is SOTY, ROTY, BOTY.

Comment

Bish is on the cover of New Music Friday Spotify and is on top of the Playlist with this.
                                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Beyoncé’s Version of “Before I Let Go” Is a Classic in Its Own Right

A year ago, Beyoncé threw headlined Coachella, staging a celebration of her magnanimous career, one which lead her to become the first-ever black woman to sit atop the festival bill. Revisiting her set, it still gives off goosebumps, a perfect melding of the history of black music across decades, regions, and countries and her own varied discography. By incorporating black music of all kinds—from marching bands to New Orleans bounce to negro spirituals to reggae to soul music to Houston screw—Beyoncé offered a reminder that she is an artist for every kind of person.

Last night, Beyoncé released the live album HOMECOMING, an audio version of her show-stopping Coachella set, timed with the release of her Netflix documentary on the show. Hearing the audio of the concert would’ve been good enough by itself but as a bonus she included a new song, a Tay Keith-produced reimagining of Frankie Beverly & Maze’s “Before I Let Go,” a perfect cap on the live record and a four minute tribute to that legendary show.

The remixed song sees her backed by horns sampled from the New Orleans staple “Get Ready, Ready” by D.J. Jubilee, breathing new life into the classic Beverly & Maze party record. That might seem like a sacrilegious thing to say about an already lively record, but Beyoncé’s rendition carries a pulse and energy that is all its own, full of a seductive exuberance and vibrancy.

The marching band accompaniment has all of that coursing through its veins, too. The band’s horns mimic a typical beat switch with the way they veer between the sound of “Before I Let Go” at one moment and Cameo’s “Candy” the next, an unexpected combo that fits together beautifully. With one song, Beyoncé makes yet another argument for her Coachella performance being one for the ages, crisscrossing the classic sounds of black music, both new and old, the ultimate pop star in the middle of it all.

https://www.spin.com/2019/04/beyone-...iew-tay-keith/

Comment

Comment

Just listened to this and I love it. Sounds different than the stuff on ”BEYONCÉ“ and ”Lemonade“. It reminds me of ”4“. Definitely a bop.
                                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                                  Bish is on the cover of New Music Friday Spotify and is on top of the Playlist with this.
                                                  I... am not used to it. Promoyonce is about to be back!

Comment

Each week we break down our favorite song, highlight our honorable mentions, and wrap them all up with other staff recommendations into a New Sounds playlist just for you. Be sure to subscribe here.

There aren’t too many people without whom the world would be radically different, but we would live in a different world without Beyoncé. Her excellence needs no introduction. Perhaps that’s why her one-two punch this week came as a complete surprise to the world, with the world’s resident goddess of music releasing a two-hour-long documentary and an accompanying live album on the same day.
                                                    Both titled Homecoming, the projects chronicle Beyoncé’s historic performance in 2018 as the first black woman to headline Coachella — and the album features two bonus tracks, one of them a surprise new song called “Before I Let Go”. The song carries the explosive fanfare and marching-band feel of the rest of the Homecoming album, bolstered on all sides with instrumentation and textured applause. It’s a love song at its core, with its chorus pushing the meaning and impact of the song up to the next level through Beyoncé’s spirited repetition: “I thank God sun rises and shines on you/ You know there’s nothin’, nothin’, nothin’ I would not do/ Before I let you go/ I would never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never/ Let you go before I go.”

“Before I Let Go” is the perfect song for this moment, the moment she’s created, crystallizing her impact a year later with a powerful reminder of when she “[pulled] up to Coachella/ In boots with the goose feathers.” Beyoncé isn’t one to toss out half-cooked feelings and hope we understand; she makes her love insistent, completely meant, impossible not to face.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...fore-i-let-go/

Comment

It sounds so nice after watching the full concert.

If she does two or three Traditional R&B/soul/funk album, she might have 40 Grammies under her belt.

Comment

It sounds so nice after watching the full concert.

If she does two or three Traditional R&B/soul/funk album, she might have 40 Grammies under her belt.

Comment

Who produced this? LMAO
                                                          DEBBIE GIBSON 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverYoung View Post
                                                            Who produced this? LMAO
                                                            Tay Keith (Sicko Mode, Nonstop, Look Alive)
                                                            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Working...
                                                            X