Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved

It was #1 in UK for 7 weeks (if i remember correctly) and now is breaking through Australian and US charts.

Cha Cha Instructor

Surprised no ones opened the topic, It's picking up on radio for a few weeks now. I found it on youtube through a fanvid of some LGBTQ movie storyline about a crush on a straight friend and I thought it was the official video at first.

It reminds me of kinda like a 2019 version of Someone Like You.

UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

the vertical music video is pure gold though
      Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Yeah not much discussion of this on here at all. I first found out about him a few months ago when Calum Scott said 'Grace' was one his favourite songs at the moment, so I downloaded it, then downloaded this when it came out. Never thought it would turn out to be such a huge hit though!

His newest single is alright too, although it's all starting to sound similar.
        Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

When i first heard Grace i thought it was another James Arthur clone - the tone is definitely similar. Then once this track started to grow in popularity i checked it out and eventually broke through the James Arthur barrier and just enjoyed the song for what it is.

Still don't think it's been worthy of spending 7 weeks at #1 but then the charts are so slow these days it's practically the norm now.

Comment

We were briefly discussing it in the Grace thread earlier in the year.

I prefer Grace, although the lyrics of this really spoke to me when it came out. Not sure why it spent so long at #1 but it’s a good track. It’s a shame only male ballads seem to be able to do well in 2019.

Comment

I also kinda prefer "Grace" to this.

Comment

The only deserved #1 hit of the year so far, well apart from Sweet But Psycho that is. I can see the James Arthur comparisons and this could be his Say You Won't Let Go worldwide. It's good to see that quality is still being consumed by the masses.

Comment

Yes, it's a good song and I totally agree that it will go down as 2019's Someone Like You - minimalistic but dramatic hence powerful.
                  I still prefer "Grace" though.

Comment

Now waittttt, this is #1 in the US, I'm extremely out of touch with the charts but so good to know, its deserving

Comment

Originally posted by toni_pest View Post
                      Now waittttt, this is #1 in the US, I'm extremely out of touch with the charts but so good to know, its deserving
                      Yah, it hit #1, was bounced out by Selena last week, but has returned to #1 this week.

Comment

I definitely see the Adull comparisons because this is the most boring sh*t imaginable.
                        Originally posted by Kaloki
                        I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
                          I definitely see the Adull comparisons because this is the most boring sh*t imaginable.
                          The toilet brush video kinda saves this song for me

Comment

This never got me at all but it's so huge everywhere. Good for him, I guess.

Comment

We only stan the Queen Nicola version from now on. I need a studio version of that ASAP.
                              i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

Working...
                                X