Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Christin Stark - Ewiger Sommer

My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
      In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

I won’t get the playlist updated until Monday because I’m at Primavera Sound Barcelona this weekend, but it looks like there’s a lot of interesting new releases today after a quick look at streaming services.
        late.

Comment

Fresh Lithuanian release.

Vysnios - Laukiu

In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
            I won’t get the playlist updated until Monday because I’m at Primavera Sound Barcelona this weekend, but it looks like there’s a lot of interesting new releases today after a quick look at streaming services.
            I'm pleased with that as I haven't had chance to listen to this week's yet!

Comment

On first glance it does look like a busy week!

Comment

Unexpected bop from Freya Ridings!

Comment

Katy Perry, Mark Ronson featuring Camila Cabello, The Chainsmokers, Jon Belion, Miley Cyrus and many more...
                  As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles

Comment

Great new songs this week by:

Pentatonix, Rita Ora/Tiësto, Guy Sebastian, Anna Vissi, Bruce Springsteen, Dotan, Katy Perry, Jeroen van der Boom, Craig David...
                    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Comment

Bruce Springsteen has released 3 singles from his upcoming album ' Western Stars' release date: June 14.
                        One of these singles has already stuck in my mind)
                        https://www.last.fm/user/Christinamuse
                        https://www.instagram.com/christinasinglove/

Music creates the feelings which you can't find in life

Comment

ILIRA - Diablo
                          Daya - Forward Motion
                          Tiësto, Jonas Blue, Rita Ora - Ritual
                          Cheryl - Let You
                          Aura Dione, Faustix - Shania Twain (Faustix Remix)
                          2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

Being away last week got me way behind and by the time I got round to compiling a new playlist, it was basically the next Friday. So you'll be getting two playlists this week - the first of which is last week's in a separate playlist that will be deleted next week (don't worry, you'll still be able to hear the songs in the cumulative playlist).

There's tonnes of new material from big popstars; Katy Perry, ROSALÍA, Tove Lo, Mark Ronson/Camila Cabello and Miley Cyrus are all in there alongside newer names such as King Princess, Kim Petras, Sasha Sloan, Nasty Cherry, older names such as Craig David & Cheryl and features from Charli XCX, Justin Bieber, Bebe Rexha and Rita Ora.

Skepta is last week's big album with the release of his fifth LP Ignorance Is Bliss, which features alongside Cardi B, Freddie Gibbs, MoStack/Stormzy, Denzel Curry, GoldLink & more as a rap highlight of the week.

Miley Cyrus isn't the only person who released an EP, with London R&B artist Joy Crookes releasing her Perception EP last week. The rhythmic cut Hurt features in the playlist alongside a selection of more soulful tracks in the playlist.

Soul also features a lot in the dance music featured in the playlist, which also sees some grime influence and of course plenty of house. Genre lines blur further as alternative and pop intertwine towards the tail end of the playlist.

Hopefully you enjoy this belated playlist, and the new one which is currently being curated.

late.

Comment

This track that was in the playlist a few weeks ago from UK artist L Devine has grown on me so much since it was released. It's got such a strong pop melody and the bassline is so good; perfect for summer.

Her interview with Gay Times is particularly interesting.

“Obviously there’s something in society that’s told me that that’s what I would be doing. Even when I was 14 and I thought, ‘I really want to be a singer but what am I going to do about being a lesbian?’ I thought I’d have to say I am bisexual so that I could still appeal to boys. It’s just so weird that I would think that sex appeal would have to come into me making music.” She stops. “Now I realise that I should just be me and my sexuality is part of my story I’m telling through my music.”

late.

Comment

Madeon released a surprisingly good single on this week's last week's playlist. It's a sun drenched slice of French pop-funk, which signals a new direction for the producer.

late.

Comment

Great song, thanks for the suggestion!
                                  As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles

Comment

Love this throwback from Amber Mark this week.

Also, Sabrina Carpenter is slaying with these Ariana-esquire jams.

Comment

Best new song this week:

Debbie Gibson | Girls Night Out

Comment

Nice little disco-house number.

Comment

[MENTION=834]Thriller[/MENTION] everything Amber Mark does is gold. Getting 70s soul vibes from her new one. That Daphni song is great too.
                                          late.

Comment

This week's New Music Friday playlist sees the newest releases whittled down to a not so concise 71 songs, ranging from the soulful grooves of Raphael Saadiq, the pop melodies of BTS + Charli XCX, rhythmic verses from MoStack, club grooves from Roísín Murphy and an interesting new track from Madonna.

Mabel gets the top billing with another slice of island influenced pop/r&b. Other artists such as Janine, Amber Mark and yet again GoldLink go a little further into the R&B genre with their latest releases, while the returned Jai Paul, alongside Alex G and Tei Shi take soulful influences to create something altogether more alternative or genre defying.

The Jonas Brothers feature with two new cuts off their new album, while Liam Gallagher and Keane are another two old names that return to this week's playlist.

Roísín Murphy isn't the only cult electronic figure releasing new music this week, with tracks from DJ Zinc & Chris Lorenzo and Melé also featuring on the playlist. Camelphat have an unexpected team up with Jake Bugg, while Channel Tres gives an unexpected twist on Detroit House with his new single Sexy Black Timberlake.

There's so much more on this week's playlist, so let us know what you like and make sure to give the playlist & UKMIX account a follow on Spotify (& post any more discoveries you find in this topic or create a topic).

late.

Comment

Some very chilled D&B, this would sound great on a sunny day.

Comment

Astrid S - The First One

Comment

Why is Debbie Gibson's Girls Night Out missing in the Spotify list?

Comment

The Eves - City Of Stars

Comment

I just noticed Debbie Gibson's new song is still not added to the list.

Comment

I curate two weeks of 70+ songs and all you can mention is that one single song isn't featured? Rightttttttt
                                                        late.

Comment

Thanks for your hard work <3
                                                          2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

^ thanks! Currently working on this week's playlist. In the meantime feel free to post your favourite new releases or listen to the previous weeks in the cumulative playlist (which now has a total of 320 tracks).

late.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X