New Music Friday UKMIX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Music Friday UKMIX

The New Music Friday topic is UKMIX's new go to place to talk about new releases. Whether you want to post a new song you've discovered, highlight an album/single thread you've created or discuss the dedicated playlist (updated weekly), this is the place to do so.

Follow UKMIX and the New Music Friday UKMIX playlist on Spotify, and make sure to post your favourite new tracks as well.

late.

Madonna & Swae Lee - Crave
    Madonna links up with Rae Sremmurd's Swae Lee for a trap influenced mid-tempo which serves as the second single off her upcoming album Madame X. Discuss the single here or in the dedicated album topic.

Jhené Aiko - Triggered (freestyle)
    A few months after her releasing the Wasted Love Freestyle, Jhené Aiko returns with another in the form of the aptly titled Triggered. The loose, melodic number is gaining major attention on twitter and Apple Music due to the song's cutting lyrical content, which is heavily rumoured to be about the cracks in her relationship with Big Sean. Discuss the song in it's own topic here.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated
    Everyone's favourite Scooter Braun managed Canadian popstar previews the fifth track off her upcoming album Dedicated, which follows up her critically acclaimed 2015 LP Emotion. Discuss whether you think the track lives up to the high expectations in its thread before joining in on the album anticipation.

Skepta - Greaze Mode (feat. Nafe Smallz)
    Grime legend Skep releases another track off his highly anticipated fifth album, due May 31.

Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
    Whether you care or not, you'll probably end up hearing this one all summer long. Join the many complainers in UKMIX's single topic for this one.

late.

Comment

Amazing, good job Jacob! I’ve followed and I’m looking forward to discovering and sharing new stuff.

Comment

Awesome job!

I have also followed, will blast in my car tomorrow on my way to work.

Comment

Cool topic
          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Great job. This is one of the topics to follow closely.
            "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

Following in spotify! Great job!
              VISIT UKmix HOT100 @ Front Desk
              ENJOY Hits in the Mix! weekly chart @ General Music

Comment

6 songs into the playlist, I’ve arrived at work - 3 have been moved onto my regular 2019 playlist, great tracks.

Carly Rae Jepsen - Too Much
                David Guetta - Stay (Don’t Go Away)
                MK - Body to Body

The MK song especially brilliant, perfect choice for a sunny, breezy drive into work.

Comment

This was in my latest Release Radar and I quite liked it. Definitely a lot less generic than a few of her recent outputs.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                    6 songs into the playlist, I’ve arrived at work - 3 have been moved onto my regular 2019 playlist, great tracks.
                    Glad you've found some songs you liked, though you might be hitting skip a little more further on in the playlist .

Pixie Lott's new music seems to have had no fanfare at all; I know she's fallen off, but I didn't realise how far. Wish I liked the song, but it sounds very amateur to me.
                    late.

Comment

Selfish is another bop!

Comment

The Grace Carter track is amazing, she’s fast becoming one of my favourite new female singers.

Comment

Following!
                          My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Crave is quite crap.
                            YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

From Lithuania with love.

Agne Michalenkovaite - Parasiutai

My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                              In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

Oh I heard that Emotional Oranges one on Friday and added it straight to my personal playlist, great summer chill tune!

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                  Oh I heard that Emotional Oranges one on Friday and added it straight to my personal playlist, great summer chill tune!
                                  YES! Totally agree.

I have to say urbanmusik - the 6 or so songs I listened to this morning were a bit less good. Although I did like BMO by Ari Lennox.

Comment

I don't use Spotify, so I can't subscribe to the playlist, but I'll make sure to check out some of the songs posted here every week. Great idea!

Comment

The Grace Carter track is amazing, she’s fast becoming one of my favourite new female singers.
                                      Agreed! Great song..

MK too.
                                      Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
                                        From Lithuania with love.

Agne Michalenkovaite - Parasiutai

This is pretty good! Did not expect to find an actually interesting song in this thread... Too bad I can't find it in Spotify or iTunes.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                                          This is pretty good! Did not expect to find an actually interesting song in this thread... Too bad I can't find it in Spotify or iTunes.
                                          Welcome into the world of Lithuanian pop.
                                          Possibly only some Lithuanian acts are available on Spotify or\and their I-Tunes.

There are not many options, if you love their music scene. YouTube, Lietaus radio station (available for free https://radiovolna.net/4178-lietus.html0 ) and this fantastic free platform ( https://www.pakartot.lt/genre/1)

Also always welcome into in my two topics related to Lithuanian pop :
                                          https://www.ukmix.org/showthread.php...l-groups-fans)
                                          https://www.ukmix.org/showthread.php...VA-(Lithuania)

Some playlists with Lithuanian pop music are available on my YouTube channel
                                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp1...hh4tvX6vhQZX9A

YVA (all-time # 1 girl group) : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...dJqCr__UGooCWU
                                          YVA ladies (their other music projects) : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...bltr2_JugE65nd

Lithuanian pop :
                                          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ii9B40qBeT12xV
                                          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...xSU3qssnT-U5QF
                                          Last edited by LastDreamer; Thu May 16th, 2019, 09:10.
                                          My celebrity crushes : Monika Sedziuviene, Kristina Ivanova (YVA).
                                          In my head I like to imagine LastDreamer in the land of Lithuania right now with a suitcase of simcards, a box of chocolates and a wedding ring. It would be a great base for an epic Eurovision fan fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by LastDreamer View Post
                                            Welcome into the world of Lithuanian pop.
                                            Possibly only some Lithuanian acts are available on Spotify or\and their I-Tunes.

[...]
                                            Thanks for all this info! I'm too busy to check all that right now; will keep it for later. (I'm already listening to "Parašiutai" though!)

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                              I have to say urbanmusik - the 6 or so songs I listened to this morning were a bit less good. Although I did like BMO by Ari Lennox.
                                              I thought that might be the case . Hope the Ryan Ashley and Kate Stewart track isn't one of the less good ones though.

Loving the Grace Carter love in this thread.
                                              late.

Comment

Kate Stewart sounds so much like Ariana in parts on that track.

Comment

Can Madonna do the UKMix double and top the next UKMix playlist too? Lots of new songs out this week, looking forward to the new one
                                                  Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

Kate Stewart sounds so much like Ariana in parts on that track.
                                                    Clearly some sneaky stans thought so too.

Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                                    Can Madonna do the UKMix double and top the next UKMix playlist too? Lots of new songs out this week, looking forward to the new one
                                                    Is Madonna releasing another pre-single this week? If not there'll be plenty of other future playlists for her to get featured in. It's definitely looking to be a big week though.
                                                    late.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
                                                      Is Madonna releasing another pre-single this week? If not there'll be plenty of other future playlists for her to get featured in. It's definitely looking to be a big week though.
                                                      Yes! She’s also performing it at Eurovision on Saturday - big Madonna week incoming
                                                      Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

So who else releases something today except for Madonna and Carly Rae Jepsen?
                                                        Last edited by JeremySpears; Fri May 17th, 2019, 01:11.
                                                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

An updated New Music Friday UKMIX playlist is coming soon.

In the meantime you can listen to songs from last week's playlist in the New Music Fridays UKMIX: 2019 archive playlist, which will collate all of the previous tracks featured on the New Music Friday UKMIX playlists throughout 2019.

late.

Comment

This week's playlist sees Charli XCX and Lizzo get the top billing with Blame it on Your Love, an emotional summer track that samples the often-interpolated Carribean classic Diwali Riddim (as made famous by Sean Paul, Lumidee, Wayne Wonder, Rihanna, Mabel and more).

Madonna features high on UKMIX's New Music Friday playlist once again, this time teaming up with not Future but Quavo for the track titled.....eh.....Future​. I guess there might be some Atlanta trap star confusion there.

Carly Rae Jepsen, DJ Khaled and Tyler, the Creator feature heavily with anticipated new albums released today, while Halsey, Lana Del Rey and Chance the Rapper appear with new hyped singles.

Dance, Pop, Alternative, Soul and Rap are well covered in this weeks 68 (!!) track strong playlist, with some artists covering genres you wouldn't expect them to, and some blurring the lines as is standard on Spotify in 2019; or 2002 in the case of KDA's Human League/Angie Stone mash-up that harkens back to the halcyon days of Richard X + Sugababes/Liberty X.

Make sure you follow the playlist/account, and let us know your favourite new discoveries are from the playlist and elsewhere.

late.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X