Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Taylor trying to appeal to the gay audience is like Taylor trying to be sexy and show sex appeal ... It's pointless and simply not possible
    I know that everyone has own taste, but I personally find her sexy, she has nice long legs, a nice body, blond hair and a very nice face.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by floria View Post
      I know that everyone has own taste, but I personally find her sexy, she has nice long legs, a nice body, blond hair and a very nice face.
      There is a difference between being cute / pretty and being sexy . . . but yeah I could agree that "sex appeal" can be perceived different depending on where you live. Here in Latin America we consider sexy the likes of Sofia Vergara, J.Lo or Rihanna , not Taylor Swift . . . For Latin standards she looks quite cold with 0 sex appeal and I don't think I've ever seen her being perceived as a sex symbol or anything like that either.

      But I guess that in your country may be different.
      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
        Taylor trying to appeal to the gay audience is like Taylor trying to be sexy and show sex appeal ... It's pointless and simply not possible
        An utterly pointless comment, that is misogynist in nature. Don't speak for the gay community.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by WesM View Post
          An utterly pointless comment, that is misogynist in nature. Don't speak for the gay community.
          You'll just have to deal with my opinion though. Not everyone has to agree with you
          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

          Comment


          • She looks like a 29 year old skool girl.
            Originally posted by beredy
            When people see your post this is what they see:

            GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

            Comment


            • At a time where LGBTQ+ rights are being questioned we need popstars to stand up and support us.

              I don't understand how someone can get so much hate for standing up for something. It's stupid
              Love you like a love song!

              Comment


              • Double post
                Last edited by BehindBreakaway; Tue June 18th, 2019, 18:41.
                Love you like a love song!

                Comment


                • It seems to me that interest in her music slowly fades away. She's not at her prime any more, for sure.
                  Gone.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Serby View Post
                    She is exploiting queer culture for her personal gain and hopping on that "ally" train. And all that in month of pride, what a coincidence. It's simple as that. It's fake af and I not buying into it.

                    Are we used to so little that we get satisfied with these stale bread crumbs people like her keep throwing at us?
                    It’s never too late to join the community, stop hating and sit your a$$ down you vegan grumpy cat lady
                    Follow Me On Instagram

                    The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

                    #KING

                    Comment


                    • Any ally is a good ally.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                        At a time where LGBTQ+ rights are being questioned we need popstars to stand up and support us.

                        I don't understand how someone can get so much hate for standing up for something. It's stupid
                        Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                        While I understand some points made in this topic, at the end of the day it doesn't matter that she only does this now. It's a move in the right direction and even if it is a calculated move it's still a positive one. She is doin no harm with the inclusion of all those people in the video and she has influence over teens so this is important. But this is not just about her it's always the same for popstars of her caliber. The "she is only doing it for xy", "why is she only doing it now because it's hip", " there are bigger problems", "why is she doing more" comments will always be there, she knows it and we're back at what this song is all about.
                        Exactly. I can't believe people are complaining about her supporting our community, no matter if it is calculated or "too late".
                        COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                          Any ally is a good ally.
                          This!!
                          Love you like a love song!

                          Comment


                          • Taylor literally can't win. If she doesn't talk or be outspoken then she's seen as not doing enough then when she actually makes an effort she's called fake and told she's cashing in. She literally can't do anything right. People will hate on her whatever she chooses to do.

                            I'm glad the majority of comments on the thread are defending her and what she's doing. I don't even like Taylor that much, but I'll defend her support of LGBTQ+ til the cows come home
                            Love you like a love song!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                              While I understand some points made in this topic, at the end of the day it doesn't matter that she only does this now. It's a move in the right direction and even if it is a calculated move it's still a positive one. She is doin no harm with the inclusion of all those people in the video and she has influence over teens so this is important. But this is not just about her it's always the same for popstars of her caliber. The "she is only doing it for xy", "why is she only doing it now because it's hip", " there are bigger problems", "why is she doing more" comments will always be there, she knows it and we're back at what this song is all about.
                              Totally agreed.
                              The song has greatly grown on me. Very catchy. Much much better than ME!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                Exactly. I can't believe people are complaining about her supporting our community, no matter if it is calculated or "too late".
                                I know. Its baffling to me. A large amount of the comments I see on Facebook posts about her are from straight people complaining about it.
                                Love you like a love song!

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                  Taylor literally can't win. If she doesn't talk or be outspoken then she's seen as not doing enough then when she actually makes an effort she's called fake and told she's cashing in. She literally can't do anything right. People will hate on her whatever she chooses to do.
                                  This

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                    There is a difference between being cute / pretty and being sexy . . . but yeah I could agree that "sex appeal" can be perceived different depending on where you live. Here in Latin America we consider sexy the likes of Sofia Vergara, J.Lo or Rihanna , not Taylor Swift . . . For Latin standards she looks quite cold with 0 sex appeal and I don't think I've ever seen her being perceived as a sex symbol or anything like that either.

                                    But I guess that in your country may be different.
                                    Well in an East Asia such as Japan, Korea, China Taylor Swift is considered very attractive and popular to young straght males. That is one of the reasons she is so huge here while J.Lo or Rihanna don't seem to gain any fanbases at all. (And their music has never been big that much) It is all depends on where you live

                                    Comment


                                    • The only critic i have for the video is just she just went with all the gay stereotypes you can find .. you feel!

                                      however i love the video! and i love that she made it
                                      Forever Young

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by whan View Post
                                        Well in an East Asia such as Japan, Korea, China Taylor Swift is considered very attractive and popular to young straght males. That is one of the reasons she is so huge here while J.Lo or Rihanna don't seem to gain any fanbases at all. (And their music has never been big that much) It is all depends on where you live
                                        Off-topic but the fact that Rihanna doesn't seem to be popular in Korea still kinda surprises me, especially when you compare to how popular/well-known Ariana & Beyonce are over there.

                                        Comment


                                        • Anyway, this song is alright - really not a fan of the chorus, but at least it's better than the first single.

                                          Comment


                                          • The chorus is probably the best thing
                                            Forever Young

                                            Comment


                                            • All those cameos for her not to break the first-day-view record.
                                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                                              Comment


                                              • girls like you didn't either but was a hit though so...
                                                Forever Young

                                                Comment


                                                • It seems a lot of people need to calm down in this thread! It's a decent pop song, and a neat video with a great happy ending.
                                                  Much better than Me!
                                                  Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (6th June 20) - Hania Rani, Liz Lawrence, Ren Harvieu, Sebastien Tellier, Run The Jewels, Blanche, The Chain Gang Of 1974, The Howl and The Hum, Starless, Lady Gaga, Anne Clark, SPC ECO, Nicole Atkins, Jaime Wyatt, Alestorm, Alec Benjamin, Mrs. P*ss, Pins

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Why do people want her to fail. I don't understand why people get pleasure from someone else's 'failures'.
                                                    Love you like a love song!

                                                    Comment


                                                    • I don't like Taylor Swift, but I don't get the fake outrage at this.
                                                      The song is ok, it borrows a lot from Sunflower by Swae Lee but it is a massive improvement over the previous single, has a nice beat and chorus. The video is fun and has a good message.

                                                      Who cares if she is capitalizing on it if it ultimately is doing good? She has become a politically active voice, so people should welcome her as an ally to the left side rather than attacking her for being a blond white successful singer.
                                                      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                                      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

                                                      Comment


                                                      • I do hope the third single is better though... all things said and done
                                                        Forever Young

                                                        Comment


                                                        • This era is a mess, and she really is spiriling down with the GP. Weird, as I thought she'd have a massive comeback. It's quite the opposite

                                                          Comment


                                                          • This is predicted to debut at #4 on the Hot 100 so the album is not even released and it already has two top 5 hits. In that sense it seems the commercial success continues for her, It's just the material that is very subpar.
                                                            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                                              This is predicted to debut at #4 on the Hot 100 so the album is not even released and it already has two top 5 hits. In that sense it seems the commercial success continues for her, It's just the material that is very subpar.
                                                              I agree.
                                                              She is not flopping any time soon but the material is the issue
                                                              Forever Young

                                                              Comment

                                                              Working...
                                                              X