• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bazmedia View Post
    UK

Official Singles Chart -

10 (5) 2 - Taylor Swift - You Need To Calm Down
    Wrong topic
    Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
        Focusing entirely on the song without the LGBT background, I like the song, it is catchy and I enjoy its positive vibe. The music video is bright, I kind of enjoyed the drag scene (although transvestism isn't my kind of thing) and I like that Taylor Swift and Katy Perry found back together - it's always better to bury the hatchet instead of being mad all your life. The only thing I would've left out would be the 'us vs. them' moment with the demonstrators - it comes across as a bit too polarizing to me.
        All in all, 'Down' is not the perfect pop song, but it does the job - 7/10 .

I really enjoy reading your write-ups

anyway, it grew on me. It's best this she's done this era much better than awful "me!"
        KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• nothing is sticking this era for her atm. this is jus tnow even more flat
          Forever Young

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
              That was fun thanks for sharing
              Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Taylor is disappointing me thus far... shake it off is still worse though, so there is hope for the album... But I have this sinking feeling that this album might be her first big misstep quality wise. I am afraid, cause thus far she always proved me wrong with her full albums. Her pengame and her ear for catchy melodies, her two strenghts as far as I am concerned, seem to be on a leave in these two singles. The oe oe and oh oh chants are horrible.
                Eudaimonia
                Last.fm
                Instagram

Comment

• I don't get the hate at all. I've loved both songs lol maybe I just have terrible taste?

Comment

• She's strying so hard to prove herself now on the new label that the pressure is starting to show.

Both songs are subpar.
                    You ain't gotta break down,
                    YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• The you need to calm down part is the only good part of the song. it is kinda iconic
                      Forever Young

Comment

• I think this ranks among her best to date, I love smashes with a social message! Most major mainstream acts wouldn’t dare go where Taylor went with this, or score a hit in their attempt.
                        Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
                        Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

• It's definitely one of her catchiest songs, I wish she performs this on the VMAs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cactuar View Post
                            I think this ranks among her best to date, I love smashes with a social message! Most major mainstream acts wouldn’t dare go where Taylor went with this, or score a hit in their attempt.
                            what do you mean?
                            Forever Young

Comment

• This is not one of her best, at all. Nearly everyone hated it here until the video dropped. On this new record label her nerves are showing..

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazmedia View Post
                                This is not one of her best, at all. Nearly everyone hated it here until the video dropped. On this new record label her nerves are showing..
                                the new label is just not delivering
                                Forever Young

Comment

Comment

• What a random remix! Were we expecting this? It’s listenable but Clean Bandit could have done much better. No strings? It’s like they swapped out the personality of the original and made it as generic as possible.
                                    Stan of: Devendra Banhart / Taylor Swift / Grimes / Utada Hikaru / Tori Amos
                                    Follow me on Last.fm?

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                      the new label is just not delivering
                                      It's not her label's fault. They are dealing with a feminist Taylor, in control of every single thing. If her era disappoints, she has all herself to blame for this direction.

Comment

• This remix just adds nothing to the original.

Comment

• The song is amazing and the remix in not bad at all!
                                          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Loverboy View Post
                                                This remix just adds nothing to the original.
                                                I quite like it on 3rd listen

Comment

• The catch phrase is still iconic though
                                                  Forever Young

Comment

Comment

• video of the year was such a reach
                                                      Forever Young

Comment

• Let's face it, it's the consolation award for the first big act to confirm in attending the VMAs (since 2013).

Anyway, the song itself is so catchy!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                              X