Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Lana Del Rey - Don't Call Me Angel

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Lana Del Rey - Don't Call Me Angel

    Theme song of the upcoming Charlie's Angels remake. Since the movie is opening in November, it won't come before October. But i'm already hyped for this.
    Last edited by spiritboy; Thu June 27th, 2019, 15:01.
    Cha Cha Instructor

  • #2
    What a strange combination...Lana with those other 2.

    Comment


    • #3
      That's a combo! I can't even imagine how their voices will sound together.
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
      .

      Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

      Comment


      • #4
        WOW, those 3 big names - this better be good ;) . But if they suceed, it could be on par with 'Independent Women' in terms of musical quality.
        Don't need hindsight
        I'll make my emotions clear
        And then disappear
        With one strike
        (All Saints)

        Comment


        • #5
          Miley and Ariana have already given us one of the best cover perfomances going around
          Forever Young

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
            Miley and Ariana have already given us one of the best cover perfomances going around
            they shoud have realese Don't Dream It's Over, it's so f good
            Last FM <3
            Instagram

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ivica View Post
              they shoud have realese Don't Dream It's Over, it's so f good
              soooo good
              Forever Young

              Comment


              • #8
                Interesting combo

                Comment


                • #9
                  No, i refuse to get excited this early because it'll lead to total disappointment.

                  Of course i'm intrigued to hear this.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It's an interesting combination, Lana and Ariana are great choices for the soundtrack, Ariana is now a Grammy winner star who is at the peak of her career and whose last album got critical acclaim and Lana Del Rey has artistry and credibility among the critics circle. Miley Cyrus is the only one who looks out of place in there, they should have included someone else to replace her (perhaps Dua Lipa who's very viable at the moment).
                    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Can’t wait for this
                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                        It's an interesting combination, Lana and Ariana are great choices for the soundtrack, Ariana is now a Grammy winner star who is at the peak of her career and whose last album got critical acclaim and Lana Del Rey has artistry and credibility among the critics circle. Miley Cyrus is the only one who looks out of place in there, they should have included someone else to replace her (perhaps Dua Lipa who's very viable at the moment).
                        Miley is still viable let's not throw out these things... she has a smash ep with bare minimum promo.

                        Dua's last film track flopped so...
                        Forever Young

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think it’s crazy how a lot of people wrote Miley off after one flop era. Make it make sense.
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Dua Lipa over Miley?

                            Anyways, I adore all three of them but that doesn't mean that this song may be good. There were some cases where I was hyped for a collaboration but it didn't work in the end, so I won't get too excited about it. But yeah, it looks amazing on paper.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                              It's an interesting combination, Lana and Ariana are great choices for the soundtrack, Ariana is now a Grammy winner star who is at the peak of her career and whose last album got critical acclaim and Lana Del Rey has artistry and credibility among the critics circle. Miley Cyrus is the only one who looks out of place in there, they should have included someone else to replace her (perhaps Dua Lipa who's very viable at the moment).
                              I'm sorry but this makes no sense whatsoever.
                              "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Originally posted by Noahh View Post
                                I'm sorry but this makes no sense whatsoever.
                                I know right

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  It may not make sense but yeah Miley's name is the only one that looks out of place in that collaboration FOR ME (remember guys that this is just my personal opinion, not intending to pass it as a fact or anything).

                                  I have my reasons (it has nothing to do with her "Younger Now" era) but I feel like it's too long to explain. All I'm going to say is that Miley's career gives me a bit of OCD (she has a very all over the place career for my taste) and I think she never managed to turn into a major prestigeous famale star in the music business (despite the success, wealth and hits).

                                  Ariana is doing a great transition right now, she's basically close to join the great leagues of music stars and Lana is the alternative chick of the decade, they're perfect for a big soundtrack single.
                                  Last edited by MrLeonix; Mon June 24th, 2019, 14:33.
                                  Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    I'm not really a fan of these girls, Miley makes (or made) the best music out of these three though.
                                    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      I just can't connect Lana with any of the pop girls out there. I definitely view her as a more alternative artist and her last 4 released tracks are so far from anything that radio would jump on..it's interesting for her to team up with these 2 at this point, but I'm open for a surprises.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                        I just can't connect Lana with any of the pop girls out there. I definitely view her as a more alternative artist and her last 4 released tracks are so far from anything that radio would jump on..it's interesting for her to team up with these 2 at this point, but I'm open for a surprises.
                                        I can see her singing something completely random and unrelated in a completely different melody in the background to what Miley and Ariana sing.
                                        I have received many gifts from God,
                                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                        .

                                        Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                          It may not make sense but yeah Miley's name is the only one that looks out of place in that collaboration FOR ME (remember guys that this is just my personal opinion, not intending to pass it as a fact or anything).

                                          I have my reasons (it has nothing to do with her "Younger Now" era) but I feel like it's too long to explain. All I'm going to say is that Miley's career gives me a bit of OCD (she has a very all over the place career for my taste) and I think she never managed to turn into a major prestigeous famale star in the music business (despite the success, wealth and hits).

                                          Ariana is doing a great transition right now, she's basically close to join the great leagues of music stars and Lana is the alternative chick of the decade, they're perfect for a big soundtrack single.

                                          Younger now was a critical sucess .. wasn't it?
                                          Forever Young

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Also how can you come for Miley before you can come for lana...
                                            Forever Young

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                              Also how can you come for Miley before you can come for lana...
                                              Seems pretty easy

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                                Younger now was a critical sucess .. wasn't it?
                                                Nope, it got quite bad reviews (58/100 on metacritic), I liked "Younger Now" a lot though.

                                                As for Lana, I just think the producers were looking for a different unique personality for each girl on the collaboration, the diva (Ariana), the alternative girl (Lana) and the pop girl (Miley), the 3 worlds cross paths for a powerful collab but IMO Lana could be a very central piece and she may make Ariana and Miley step out of their comfort zones for this.
                                                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Anyone who is coming for Miley obviously does not know the cultural impact of "Hey, I'm a ho!"
                                                  Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    HOPEFULLY this won't be a Robbie Williams cover.
                                                    Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
                                                      HOPEFULLY this won't be a Robbie Williams cover.
                                                      Well, it would be a good song choice.
                                                      I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        Has this been confirmed?! I just can’t picture it
                                                        LJC--->>

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          Originally posted by Erotica View Post
                                                          Well, it would be a good song choice.
                                                          omg can you imagine.


                                                          I think it will be a bang bang moment with Miley in the chorus
                                                          Forever Young

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            I can't really imagine all 3 of their voices working well on a song, yet I'm here for them proving me wrong.
                                                            Originally posted by snoh aalegra


                                                            - Ugh, those feels again

                                                            Comment

                                                            Working...
                                                            X