Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kygo x Whitney Houston - Higher Love

Whitney is coming!!
    Last edited by JeremySpears; Thu June 27th, 2019, 18:01.
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

oh wow. is it just a sample?
    Forever Young

Comment

WTF? I hope he'll be respectful to her legacy.

If it'll be as good as It's Not Right But It's Okay remix, then i'll be here for this.
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Let her rest.
        Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

This will either be a complete mess and disrespectful or a brilliant tune. I'm surprised Kygo is trying it though, he could lose a lot with something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
            This will either be a complete mess and disrespectful or a brilliant tune. I'm surprised Kygo is trying it though, he could lose a lot with something like that.
            What I don't really like about such releases is that they promote it as a collaboration. The "x" in the title as well as placing her image on the cover suggests some sort of conesnsus or agreement, like Whitney herself had been involved in this project.
            Personally, I think it would have been a different story if producers work on demos/unfinished tracks and don't place their name as part of a feature/duet partner on it...even though that's questionable as well since most artists do have some visions of how their music should sound like, their music is part of expression.. and I have the feeling that such "collabs" are somehow very disrespectful.. even if they are done well.
            Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

I think her estate would have approved this and also it could just be a sample ... and out of respect he decided to feature her and share the limelight.
              Forever Young

Comment

I've read the title is Higher Love
                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

I'm concerned.

Comment

Not a fan of posthumous releases, unless they were already finished before the artist passed away. Even then it can be questionable, if the artist wasn't planning to release it (because they weren't fully convinced by the end result or whatever).
                    Art is something very personal, and if the artist involved has no (more) say in it, then that always leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

And as far as Whitney is concerned: I don't even care whether "the estate" approved it or not, because Pat Houston is a money-hungry viper who would probably sell Whitney's used tampons if she could.

That being said: I can imagine a Kygo / Whitney collab sounding great! I'll probably feel very conflicted once this comes out.

Comment

Heard of the name. Streamed some of his songs! Horrific dance trash! This will flop! Whitney is not know for EDM sort of tunes.
                      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
                        Heard of the name. Streamed some of his songs! Horrific dance trash! This will flop! Whitney is not know for EDM sort of tunes.
                        She's had plenty of successful EDM remixes of her songs, so I'd say among clubbers she is known for that.

Comment

Amongst clubbers. She’s bigger and better than that
                          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Maybe he's using a sample of one of Whitney's songs and credits her out of respect?
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

This could be HUGE in Europe if it's good though.
                              "Lift up your head
                              Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

Higher Love is a Japanese bonus track from the I'm Your Baby Tonight album and is a cover of the Steve Winwood single.

So there's your sample.

It should be euphoric at least.
                                This ain't gon be easy

Comment

excited
                                  Forever Young

Comment

Originally posted by HotPotato View Post
                                    Higher Love is a Japanese bonus track from the I'm Your Baby Tonight album and is a cover of the Steve Winwood single.

So there's your sample.

It should be euphoric at least.
                                    Ahh i know the song you're referring to. So it's gonna be another midtempo tropical house track?

Just what the world needs right now, the 6 millionth tropical house track.

(i hope i'm wrong )

Comment

The problem is that Kygo's songs usually are more than underwhelming.
                                      I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by Erotica View Post
                                        The problem is that Kygo's songs usually are more than underwhelming.
                                        He has recycled the same beat over and over again lately
                                        Forever Young

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

This is perfect!! It's a great update to the amazing original. This will be a huge summer hit!
                                            thank u, next

Comment

Higher Love has been covered so many times, we didn't really need another version.
                                              Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

it may be really good summer dance track. Whitney voice is always welcomed
                                                KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Wow I love this so much!

Comment

Get your 5th UK #1 Nip!!!
                                                    Diva!!!

Comment

I will stick to the original cover version
                                                      Whitney Houston

Comment

She sounds absolutely amazing but this didn’t deserve a dance beat!

Comment

Sounds good, a nice summer track!
                                                          The promo is a complete lie, I know Whitneys studio version since forever so nothing new there...

Comment

this is such a good track!

got emotional when it built up!
                                                            Forever Young

Comment

Working...
                                                            X