No announcement yet.

Katy Perry - Small Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just no. This is too basic even for her. Sounds like Taylor Swift song.
    When we lose what we love
    Don't think anything will ever taste the same
    When we lose what we love
    Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

Yeah, I like this too.
      But NRO was way stronger than this.
      Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

This completely blends into the pop landscape, I can't remember how it sounds at all.
        late.

Comment

Originally posted by aRat View Post
          Ok this explains it all.
          won't be surprised if this does well in the charts though
          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

She’s 34 and 93% of her discography is generic kidz bop music....
            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
              What has age gotta to do with it? Bit narrow minded IMO.
              I'm even older and love most of Katy's work.
              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

After Never Realy Over this is a bit of a letdown, she can do better!
                You drew stars around my scars

Comment

And you’re like 14 and bitter as a rotten lemon already
                  Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

This is cute but doesn’t go anywhere, not gonna do much of anything
                    Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

Oh, this is sparking no fireworks for me. Maybe I just had high expectations
                      https://www.noratol.com * Music Blog Finalist for a 2019 Infinity Blog Award!

Comment

I loved Never really over so my first listen of this has left me really underwhelmed. Like others have rightly pointed out, it just goes nowhere after the first chorus. I was expecting another big ballsy sing-along pop hit but this is actually quite forgettable.

Comment

NRO was her best track in years and this now is her most forgettable single in the last few years.
                          Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

Lets not get into to that as Britney is my second fave and I dont want to drag her.

Comment

Originally posted by NoAngel View Post
                              Just no. This is too basic even for her. Sounds like Taylor Swift song.

Ouch
                              1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                Lets not get into to that as Britney is my second fave and I dont want to drag her.
                                Good for you then that she’s not associated with this song or this discussion

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Originally posted by GaGarazzi View Post
                                  Oh Katy... What is this?
                                  Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Yeah Katheryn girl we’re gonna need stronger than this. Hopefully the Hawaii song is a tune.
                                    Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                      This is just okay
                                      Agreed.
                                      Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [90-86]

Comment

Dull and forgettable
                                        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

I don't hate it
                                          Love you like a love song!

Comment

It just so boring!!!!! Dr Luke clearly has a lot to do with Katy's success as nothing has been the same since losing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                                              It just so boring!!!!! Dr Luke clearly has a lot to do with Katy's success as nothing has been the same since losing him.
                                              Swish Swish and Bon Appetit might have the sleekest and most interesting music and sounds in her career, but them lyrics are terrible. It's not just about Dr. Luke. Honestly he has a lot of boring trash in his discography. There's no guarantee that she would be turning out better music now if she continued to work with him.
                                              I have received many gifts from God,
                                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                                Swish Swish and Bon Appetit might have the sleekest and most interesting music and sounds in her career, but them lyrics are terrible. It's not just about Dr. Luke. Honestly he has a lot of boring trash in his discography. There's no guarantee that she would be turning out better music now if she continued to work with him.
                                                It all changed when they parted ways, he is responsible for an embarrassing large amount of her hit singles, they made commercial magic whether you like him or not.

Comment

How can she go from Never Really Over, her best song in years, to this absolute mess? The lyrics sound like they were written by a 12-year-old and just made me cringe all over. Music really is utterly dire at the moment.
                                                  i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

It all changed when they parted ways, he is responsible for an embarrassing large amount of her hit singles, they made commercial magic whether you like him or not.
                                                    But that was when he was making commercial "magic" with everyone. You should know that a lot of big producers have their time then they kind of disappear. It's completely wrong to claim they would still hit it big if they worked together.

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                                      But that was when he was making commercial "magic" with everyone. You should know that a lot of big producers have their time then they kind of disappear. It's completely wrong to claim they would still hit it big if they worked together.
                                                      How is that completely wrong? producers don't just go from producing huge hits to nothing overnight, they had done a lot of work for Katy's Fourth album when the Kesha stuff exploded which will never see the light of day.

He had produced/written a lot for another artists but Katy's was his #1, she always got his best work and I personally think they would have created more magic together.

Comment

How is that completely wrong? producers don't just go from producing huge hits to nothing overnight, they had done a lot of work for Katy's Fourth album when the Kesha stuff exploded which will never see the light of day.

He had produced/written a lot for another artists but Katy's was his #1, she always got his best work and I personally think they would have created more magic together.
                                                        It's fine if that's what you personally think but you claimed it as it was a sure thing. We don't know. For all we know whatever they had for her fourth album might've performed worse than Witness. None of us has a crystal ball. Her era with Dr. Luke is a thing of past. No need to dwell on it.

Small Talk does sound like something they would do BTW. It's a sound that doesn't belong in 2019.

Comment

This song is average. I don't understand why she didn't release the other song she shot a music video for. Something in Hawaii.
                                                          Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Really underwhelming coming after NRO
                                                            last.fm

Comment

Imagine...

We had E.T., Bon Appetit and many more bops before this.

It feels like 3 steps back in her career.
                                                              YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                              X