• Show
Clear All

This is bloody awful.
    It's painfully bland and boring.

And those lyrics.... YIKES.

Katy, gurl... scrap this mess.
    "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Katy was screwed the minute Dr.Luke was out, period.

This song is just bad, LOL another NON-Top 10 in the basket I guess
      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

You found your Onika, [MENTION=35073]MrLeonix[/MENTION].
        Originally posted by beredy
        When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
          Katy was screwed the minute Dr.Luke was out, period.

This song is just bad, LOL another NON-Top 10 in the basket I guess
          I don't think Luke had anything to do with it, it's not like GP knows about him. She already reached some kind of veteran status after 9 #1s singles, but she was never the IT girl who had big fanbase. She's perfect example of POP argist who neds hits. She never became album seller. Despite 3 strong selling albums.

After a decade, in her mid 30s she scored solo top 15 hit after flop era, she's doing good.

Comment

I despise Swish Swish and Bon appetit.
            Far from her best, imo.

So I'm glad it sounds nothing like those two.
            But yeah, after NRO, this is pretty basic.
            Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

Can't even defend Kae-T for this smh. We are supposed to be on the road to recovery, girl. Never Really Over was a great start tbh

Comment

This reminds me of when Kesha followed up Die Young with CMon. Die Young being one of Keshas best and then Cmon being basic and just there (at least Cmon was more upbeat then ST though).

Comment

Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                  This reminds me of when Kesha followed up Die Young with CMon. Die Young being one of Keshas best and then Cmon being basic and just there (at least Cmon was more upbeat then ST though).
                  But that whole era was derailed by the shooting incident which made them cut down Die Young and promote C'mon into a full single because it was already out as a promo single. More than the lazy video points to it being a rushed single release. And then there was the whole background drama with Dr. Luke that later unraveled. So while Warrior had songs with huuuuge hit potential, it was doomed no matter what it seems.
                  I have received many gifts from God,
                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Is it confirmed this is the new single with video and everything? They should scrap it and rush release the harley song in two weeks with a video we love a "buzz single" nowadays
                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

digging it

Comment

Ehh.....

Comment

She needs to scrap this
                          Forever Young

Comment

Bores me a bit.
                            I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Y'all wanted this Katy back and now look.

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                Is it confirmed this is the new single with video and everything? They should scrap it and rush release the harley song in two weeks with a video we love a "buzz single" nowadays
                                Hopefully they’ll follow suit. Would love for this to get the buzz single treatment. Actually she some come out and say this was a leaked song for Witness that shouldn’t have been released.

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                  Hopefully they’ll follow suit. Would love for this to get the buzz single treatment. Actually she some come out and say this was a leaked song for Witness that shouldn’t have been released.

Comment

This is total crap.

Comment

Lol I get that they should scrap this...but what makes y’all think the Hawaii song will be any better?

Also aren’t these stand alone singles? She said she wasn’t really gonna put out an album
                                      Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

I really don't get the hate. It's really growing on me
                                        Love you like a love song!

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
                                          omg the shade
                                          Forever Young

Comment

2019 singles:

365: 9/10
                                            Con Calma: 6/10
                                            Never Really Over: 10/10
                                            Small Talk: 8/10
                                            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

It's a grower.

Comment

Her voice is so grating in this... belieeeeeeve... memorriiiieeeees ugh
                                                Eudaimonia
                                                Last.fm
                                                Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Michiel View Post
                                                  Her voice is so grating.
                                                  Fixed. Even when she sounds good on a studio version, live she goes to her screechy and nasal voice.

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                                    Fixed. Even when she sounds good on a studio version, live she goes to her screechy and nasal voice.
                                                    I like her live, but when she does songs that aren't that demanding. I enjoyed her MTV Unplugged session, there is a raspy quality to her voice that I dig.

That said, most of her hits don't sound good live. She should stick to simpler acoustic stuff, her voice is really not that good for big pop songs.
                                                    last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                                                      I like her live, but when she does songs that aren't that demanding. I enjoyed her MTV Unplugged session, there is a raspy quality to her voice that I dig.

That said, most of her hits don't sound good live. She should stick to simpler acoustic stuff, her voice is really not that good for big pop songs.
                                                      I haven't seen that MTV Unplugged of hers, but all of the live performances I've seen, she did really bad. Always short of breath, jumping from one key to another, changing keys because she can't sing in the studio key. She always seems like she got picked from a crowd and is doing an impromptu performance she's didn't rehearse for.

Comment

This is a grower, still a bit disappointing.
                                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                                          I haven't seen that MTV Unplugged of hers, but all of the live performances I've seen, she did really bad. Always short of breath, jumping from one key to another, changing keys because she can't sing in the studio key. She always seems like she got picked from a crowd and is doing an impromptu performance she's didn't rehearse for.
                                                          Her performances have always been ok or miss.

I will say, she did sounds great on MTV Unplugged. I think she does better live on acoustic/pop-rock tunes.

Comment

365 was the only good song after her Witness album :(
                                                            I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

This has grown on me a LOT. Originally I thought it was too bare but it’s just different that the production has been stripped back for a bit of the song in comparison to Katy’s other singles. I’d still probably have done something more creative with the blah blah blah but the song is something different. Not a #1 by any means but nice.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X