No announcement yet.

Normani - Motivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Okay wow she actually did slay. That video has such a nice 2000s vibe. And she looks stunning in it, especially in the thumbnail. Crazy in Love, ...Baby One More Time and a lot of JLo videos have definitely inspired this.

Her dancing is on point. Finally a new girl that can dance! And the song is growing on me with each listen. Bravo!
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Great video, refreshing to see a video full of choreography!

Song is a definite grower too, could easily be a hit.

Comment

Love everything about it, it was no grower for me, instant love

Comment

The video is a real treat if you are either into dancing or are a straight male.
            Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

The song is meh, but that video is FIRE.
              Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [95-91]

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                The song is meh, but that video is FIRE.
                Agreed.

She is always half baked though like for example

1. Dance break bit was a mess. Her weave was everywhere and that bit needed that KILLEREsTTTT OF THE CHOREO. She should have got for something more left field like dancing like that is mud or chocolate. The rain just killed it.

2. The wardrobe .. first and second outfit connected ... rest were meh.

3. It needed a better setting because the choreo was good. They needed the landscape help elevate the dance.

but this is a good start though.

( She should have just done the boss move an elevated this by just doing a Beyonce Homage video then at the end Queen B comes and they do the last chorus choreo together)
                Forever Young

Comment

I like the video and song is not bad. Her voice is so average though
                  Welcome to the underworld
                  Where the love's at first sight
                  The kind that we like
                  Under, under, under, underworld

Comment

Bad bitch. I Stan. Wow.
                    Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

I really like the song but Wow that video left me bald. That dancing in the rain scene a true Bey kicking the fire hydrant moment. I hope she performs this at the VMAs
                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Wait, I just realized that this is actually her very first song without another artist, isn't it?

It's good but not as strong as I was hoping for. It's nothing new. But the video is great.

Comment

I can see this being huge!

Comment

What I love about the song is on one side it gives that mid 00s vibe, on the other side I personally think it sounds pretty fresh as well. The video gives me that same vibe. It all fits her as a glove and I actually don't find the song that basic at all. Like we have so many people jump the same bandwagons that the overall landscape feels very similair and crowded, this actually sounds fresh in a way, without alienating people who love today's music, but also has a certain sound that could attract other demographics that normally would not invest her. With the right campagne and focus, this could be the door opener she has been waiting for

Comment

sounds ok, video slays
                              Last FM <3
                              Instagram

Comment

Vid SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS.
                                Song's basic af.
                                Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

Ok, I'm hooked.
                                  Gurl gots me bouncing my life away to the vid and bettering my arch game watching her during the dance break.
                                  Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

WOW

She really did not come to play. It's awesome seeing an artist whose talented and hungry, and we haven't had a triple threat with her charisma in a while. Hope this becomes a smash for her.
                                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

OK! My good sis Normani did not disappoint! I love the video! I think it's going over a lot of heads that it is a tribute to 2000's videos and not just a Beyonce inspired video. She grew up on 2000's music so I appreciate the throwback feel.

The only complaint I have is about the song missing a bridge but I will live. She needs some performances AND a rapper on a remix in a few weeks....my vote goes to Megan! Maybe this could make a run at number 1 on the Hot 100?

Comment

It's very Fifth Harmony so I do like it.

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                          OK! My good sis Normani did not disappoint! I love the video! I think it's going over a lot of heads that it is a tribute to 2000's videos and not just a Beyonce inspired video. She grew up on 2000's music so I appreciate the throwback feel.

The only complaint I have is about the song missing a bridge but I will live. She needs some performances AND a rapper on a remix in a few weeks....my vote goes to Megan! Maybe this could make a run at number 1 on the Hot 100?

the bridge needed a different beat not the horns
                                          Forever Young

Comment

The song does kind of sound like Ari does Check on It. I don't like it as much as Waves or the Calvin tracks, but it's a cute bop.

The video however is incredible; a real ~yes I'm here~ statement. Normani is serving Crazy in Love in the tank top at the beginning and in the rain during the middle 8, plus I love the reference to 106 & park at the beginning as well. I'm getting shades of Ciara, Jlo, Ashanti and maybe a little Britney throughout the video as well.

People on twitter need to chill out saying the video cost $3 million though....that doesn't make her look good and there's no way it cost anything of the sorts (or that RCA spent 3x Beyoncé's Lemonade film budget on a Normani music video).

Hope this is the right move to launch Normani as a solo artist, she's such an exciting prospect.
                                            late.

Comment

I've instantly had 2000's vibes with this video. Beyonce, J.Lo, Ciara, Ashanti, Aaliyah.

Good video, but the song is a grower I hope so
                                              BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                              YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

Wooooo, now that's a music video.
                                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Wow she really served that video, her moves are on point! It's like something Alexandra Burke could've done had she blown up in America.

Comment

Serve me a spectacular performance now and I am sold.

Comment

The video is absolutely incredible.
                                                      However not sold on the song yet. It's a bit dull and the production is a bit dated at times.
                                                      Last edited by Noahh; Fri August 16th, 2019, 16:14.
                                                      "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Damn... She's a goddess. Hottest woman in the game in a long time.
                                                        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                                        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Good song. Still trying to love it. I see Beyonce inspiration written all over. That’s a good thing. But she must not fall into the Alexandra Burke trap (which I have already started seeing for months).
                                                          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                                            Wow she really served that video, her moves are on point! It's like something Alexandra Burke could've done had she blown up in America.
                                                            And then I saw this comment
                                                            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

The issue with her is she is not ADDING anything to the table but she is just making us excited by being the first triple threat with charisma and stage presence since Beyonce'

That is a good thing but also for you to stay you need to have flavour... THAT she lacks
                                                              Forever Young

Comment

Working...
                                                              X