Normani - Motivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
    Oh I forgot Missy but are we including her in the pop girls.

Camilla was cute but Shawn brought it down a tad... trying to remember if anyone else was THAT good tbh. Everything was literally unmemorable.

The reason why we are being hard on Normani is she literally has the ONLY perfomance worth watching over more than twice
    It was all about Normani. I see huge potential in her and everyone seems to be pushing her and wants her to succeed, so I believe that few amazing years are ahead of her.
    Last edited by Bojan; Tue August 27th, 2019, 17:49.
    Gone.

Comment

• Awful lip-synching.
      Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Her stage presence is lacking, which was most evident when she was solo after the clumsy clothing removal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
          I agree with all of this!!! (And this is only if I have to critic it).

She did that!!! I’m so happy she does her homework from the Janet Jackson school of performing arts!

I’m convinced Camilla was messing with my girl’s audio but its okee because God don’t like ugly.

Yeah the audio wasn't the best. The track was skipping at some parts and I feel like the instrumental's volume is too low - which is weird considering the audio for "Love Lies" for her BBMA's performance last year was ON POINT. Anyway, not her fault though.

Comment

• OK. I know some of y'all are going to drag me to hell BUT:

1- She ran outta breath between choreography and the verses.
            2- Her voice is not as potential as some of the gurls that performed yesterday.
            3- is it me or the part of the rain was made digitally? because that didn't look good yesterday.

Was a good performance tho, but she needs to work her habillities if she wants to sing and dance at the same time without looking like me at the gym running out of breath.

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post

Yeah the audio wasn't the best. The track was skipping at some parts and I feel like the instrumental's volume is too low - which is weird considering the audio for "Love Lies" for her BBMA's performance last year was ON POINT. Anyway, not her fault though.

maybe they lowered the audio of the track to focus on their voice and not on the backup????

Comment

• Originally posted by basticasas View Post
                maybe they lowered the audio of the track to focus on their voice and not on the backup????
                Hmm I don't know, but what I noticed is that in some award shows, they tend to mute/lower down the volume of the crowd screaming for the TV airing - resulting in them unintentionally drowning some other parts of the audio as well.

I remember watching some fan-recorded footage from the AMA's, I think it was BTS - they guys were clearly singing along live to the backing tracks with some extra adlibs etc., but on TV, because they lowered down the crowd volume, resulting the live vocals being drowned as well so it looked like they're lipsynch-ing. I think it also happened before to Nicki Minaj's "My Chick Bad" performance at the BET Awards a few years ago.
                Last edited by abi; Wed August 28th, 2019, 04:19.

Comment

• ^Sorry for a little bit off-topic, but while we're at it, another example of when a live performance doesn't sound the same on TV with what the way it really sounds: Beyonce's 2013 Superbowl performance. The audio sounds perfect on TV (except for Michelle's & Kelly's parts) but inside the venue, the horns in "Crazy in Love" are almost non-existent (starts around 2:18), and some other instruments are missing as well. Weird, but I guess it is what it is. TV performances are way trickier than we thought.

Comment

• This is the main problem with acts like Beyoncé and Normani, and majority of the KPOP girl groups today. Technique and showmanship is the focus and not about the feeling evoked from the performance anymore. There are endless discussions on how flawless and seamless it should be, it's always about ticking specific boxes to perfection to gain validation. The magic of pure enjoyment of the performance is gone which is why their performances have no cultural impact in the long run.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                      This is the main problem with acts like Beyoncé and Normani, and majority of the KPOP girl groups today. Technique and showmanship is the focus and not about the feeling evoked from the performance anymore. There are endless discussions on how flawless and seamless it should be, it's always about ticking specific boxes to perfection to gain validation. The magic of pure enjoyment of the performance is gone which is why their performances have no cultural impact in the long run.
                      sis sit down
                      Forever Young

Comment

This is the main problem with acts like Beyoncé and Normani, and majority of the KPOP girl groups today. Technique and showmanship is the focus and not about the feeling evoked from the performance anymore. There are endless discussions on how flawless and seamless it should be, it's always about ticking specific boxes to perfection to gain validation. The magic of pure enjoyment of the performance is gone which is why their performances have no cultural impact in the long run.
                        sis sit down
                        Forever Young

Comment

You mean like the Spice Girls ones? Take a sit plz

Comment

BTW... Beyoncé doesn't have to dance her ass off to have an iconic and amazing performance...

Comment

Since when does a fun uptempo urban influenced pop song has to evoke emotion? Most big pop acts from the past whether it is MJ, Janet, Madonna and later on Britney, Usher, Beyoncé etc. etc. have focused on technique and showmanship when they released uptempo songs. And tried to evoke emotion with slower songs.

I mean almost every act does that just like an Leona Lewis evokes emotion with Bleeding Love , while She just had fun and wasn't so serious with Forgive Me. Leona just isn't the type to focus or aspire to be the total package. While acts like Janet, Beyoncé, Normani do.

Comment

• There's nothing with her performance, I think she did extremely well but it's just that the song is so stale and that there is no proper climax. She needs to work with producers that can give her a really solid uptempo. There's a reason for her frustration, I mean, the type of music and era she should have been in was sometime from fifteen to twenty years ago.

Comment

• Very small chart movements after the VMA's. Thank goodness it keeps growing quite fast on Pop radio!

Comment

• Still bumping this. Glad to see its moving back up the charts

Comment

• It grew on me even more recently tbh.

Comment

• They need to start pushing this on Rhythmic & Urban cause Pop is the only one's playing this right now and looks like it has no effects on its streaming numbers & digital sales.

#58 on the Hot 100 this week.

Comment

• This is cute but they need a stronger song if they want to make Normani happen.
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Yea, if the song was actually good it would have been #1 with that video.
                                            I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                            I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Yeah....this song has sort of fizzled.

Comment

• This was kind of a grower for me, and I'm disappointed it hasn't had more success.

Comment

• Yeah it aged like milk for me. I haven’t listened to it since its release week.

But I‘m suprised that it wasn’t more successful. I mean the hype for this was huge and now the video has only 51 million views.
                                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Where were the tv performances though? Ellen? Kelly? Fallon? AGT?

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                      But I‘m suprised that it wasn’t more successful. I mean the hype for this was huge and now the video has only 51 million views.
                                                      It didn't feel like organic hype though. The video was out and every media outlet had a rave response ready that same instant. Obviously her label was pushing hard with a media blitzkrieg. But people just don't care.
                                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                                        Where were the tv performances though? Ellen? Kelly? Fallon? AGT?
                                                        She performed at the VMAs, which did give it a boost, but then it went down the charts again after that.

Comment

• Blah. The video and its choreo are ace and that's why everyone was raving about it and still is. Youtube views are not what they used to be (except for Latin/K-Pop artists). For a song by a new act without being a hit, 51m after a month is good. Waves is at 12m after 7 months. Even Love Lies only has 144m views and that was a smash. It's still around Top 50 WW on Spotify and airplay is growing. It won't be a mega smash but it worked as a nice introduction for her solo career.
                                                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                            She performed at the VMAs, which did give it a boost, but then it went down the charts again after that.
                                                            which is why it needed other tv performances.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                                              Blah. The video and its choreo are ace and that's why everyone was raving about it and still is.
                                                              Is it though? It would catch on on YT (even though you claim YT views aren't all that anymore) and even those who raved about the video seemed to stop after the first day or two.
                                                              I have received many gifts from God,
                                                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Working...
                                                              X