Normani - Motivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
    Blah. The video and its choreo are ace and that's why everyone was raving about it and still is. Youtube views are not what they used to be (except for Latin/K-Pop artists). For a song by a new act without being a hit, 51m after a month is good. Waves is at 12m after 7 months. Even Love Lies only has 144m views and that was a smash. It's still around Top 50 WW on Spotify and airplay is growing. It won't be a mega smash but it worked as a nice introduction for her solo career.
    She needed that mega-smash to prove her self as a solo artist. She can deliver a hit but maybe not on her own. I still love her though and hope the label tries again with a solo single but I'm afraid the next single will be a feature.

Maybe that remix with a rapper and a remix video??? Get Da Baby or Meg on it?? lol I know remix videos are a thing of the past.

Comment

• i just don't think she will ever happen tbh
      Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
        i just don't think she will ever happen tbh
        She is already kinda happening to be honest! She's not at THAT level yet but she just needs more promo & appearances.

I actually agree with [MENTION=49569]cheapthrills[/MENTION], while it's nothing special - I really, really like this song and I'm surprised it isn't really smashing (outside Pop radio) yet.

Comment

• The video is really pleasing and its a shame that its for such a non special track

Comment

• I like this now but still don't think this should be the solo debut single for a girl aimed to be a superstar.
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• This completely flopped in the UK! Wow! Here hoping that her "first" single takes off.

Comment

• Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                This completely flopped in the UK! Wow! Here hoping that her "first" single takes off.
                It just peaked at #27 after 7 weeks... that’s a hit these days.
                THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• When we'll get next single?
                  Motivation is done long time now
                  BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                  YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• Sheesh, this song's hype die quick

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                      It just peaked at #27 after 7 weeks... that’s a hit these days.
                      Yeah this song did/is doing quite well in the UK honestly. Apparently she cancelled her UK promotion though which is a shame. I feel her promo campaign for this song is a bit off. After all those hype she only performed at the VMA's and then went completely silent?

Oh and this song is actually approaching the top 10 on Pop radio, currently at #12!

Comment

• She needs PERSONALITY AND A STORY LINE. She is boring af.

Tinashe 2.0
                        Forever Young

Comment

She needs PERSONALITY AND A STORY LINE. She is boring af.

Tinashe 2.0
                          Or better, catchier stuff? Camilla isn't much more interesting either. If hits is what she's after we've had many bland persons scoring hits. Unfortunately for her both this song and her are bland and don't stand out.
                          I have received many gifts from God,
                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Camila doesn't appeal to me either but she definitely is interesting to many people, hence why she was always the most popular member of the group BY FAR. Her look, her Latino background, her tone, her relationships and her celebrity friends have definitely helped her building a strong brand.

I know Instagram followers aren't everything but Normani currently only stands at 5.1m followers despite all the appearances that she did, while the least popular girls of 5H has 3.7 and 3.8 respectively and Lauren, who is barely on TV, has 7.4m so I'm guessing people aren't really connecting with her?

Comment

• Camila is different though. People already have Beyoncé, they don't need a basic version of her. And i love Normani but she needs something to stand out from the crowd.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                People already have Beyoncé, they don't need a basic version of her.
                                Mainstream doesn't seem to be interested in Beyonce these days either.

Originally posted by abi View Post
                                Camila doesn't appeal to me either but she definitely is interesting to many people, hence why she was always the most popular member of the group BY FAR. Her look, her Latino background, her tone, her relationships and her celebrity friends have definitely helped her building a strong brand.
                                I guess you could be right because I don't follow her that much, but I don't follow Billie Eilish, BTS, Blackpink and other stuff tweens are into these days, yet every once in a while I see articles about them popping up. Camila flies completely under the radar for me. So it might be my personal experience, but she doesn't seem to me like she's much more interesting to people than Normani.
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
                                  Camila doesn't appeal to me either but she definitely is interesting to many people, hence why she was always the most popular member of the group BY FAR. Her look, her Latino background, her tone, her relationships and her celebrity friends have definitely helped her building a strong brand.

I know Instagram followers aren't everything but Normani currently only stands at 5.1m followers despite all the appearances that she did, while the least popular girls of 5H has 3.7 and 3.8 respectively and Lauren, who is barely on TV, has 7.4m so I'm guessing people aren't really connecting with her?
                                  she dated ty so she has a bit of bite.

Blue Ivy's left toe has more personality than Normani atm
                                  Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

I guess you could be right because I don't follow her that much, but I don't follow Billie Eilish, BTS, Blackpink and other stuff tweens are into these days, yet every once in a while I see articles about them popping up. Camila flies completely under the radar for me. So it might be my personal experience, but she doesn't seem to me like she's much more interesting to people than Normani.
                                    Beyonce is doing well with mainstream people thank you very much.
                                    Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

Lucky you cause you definitely don't wanna see that video of her kissing Shawn Mendes on Instagram live that randomly popped out in my timeline the other week.

Comment

she dated ty so she has a bit of bite.
                                        Lauren had been popular before she dated Ty. I think it's because she has this woke Tumblr girl personality and she's very blunt as well.

Comment

Lauren had been popular before she dated Ty. I think it's because she has this woke Tumblr girl personality and she's very blunt as well.
                                          Well she had that lesbian cloud thing before
                                          Forever Young

Comment

• But can we really use Instagram as a bar though? I mean while Lauren has more fans that has not translated into a hit.

Comment

• Katy has like 50m or so followers yet how many bought Small Talk?

Instagram followers has nothing to do with chart success.
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Katy has like 50m or so followers yet how many bought Small Talk?

OH my! I completely forgot about that song!!!

Comment

• I know and I understand that VERY well but it's just weird that her followings haven't grown that much considering she has done a bunch of high-profile appearances here & there and considering female singers' fanbases consist of more stans/online-oriented compared to their male counterparts which leads to a point that Loveguru made on the previous page that she needs a strong unique brand attached to her.

Comment

• Anyway, a cute little promo from Ellen.

Comment

She needs PERSONALITY AND A STORY LINE. She is boring af.

Tinashe 2.0
                                                      I think I've said it before but I really want her to capitalize her People's Choice Awards look as the aesthetic for her solo debut. This Good Girl Gone Bad x dominatrix look really looks good on her and might set her apart from the others.

Comment

Katy has like 50m or so followers yet how many bought Small Talk?

they go to her tours...
                                                        Forever Young

Comment

I know and I understand that VERY well but it's just weird that her followings haven't grown that much considering she has done a bunch of high-profile appearances here & there and considering female singers' fanbases consist of more stans/online-oriented compared to their male counterparts which leads to a point that Loveguru made on the previous page that she needs a strong unique brand attached to her.
                                                          She needs SOMETHING anything.
                                                          Forever Young

Comment

• I'm still into motivation. Imo it was an obvious hit. I don't know why it didn't land.
                                                            Love you like a love song!

Comment

I think I've said it before but I really want her to capitalize her People's Choice Awards look as the aesthetic for her solo debut. This Good Girl Gone Bad x dominatrix look really looks good on her and might set her apart from the others.

This lewk is a bit too much Nicole Scherzinger circa 2007. Dated and corny.
                                                              Floped and localed

Comment

Working...
                                                              X