Ava Max - Torn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joseph Kahn directed the video.
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Well in some ways it's different from the first two, it's got a much more bubblegum pop, uptempo feel, but there are parts of it that still sound like SBP for a third time
      1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

Can’t stop playing this. Might be my fave of hers yet.
        Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

I don't get the hype for this, it's just a nice pop song.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

This is good! Her best song since Sweet But Pyscho. I haven't really felt the other tracks in between.

Comment

I don't know why and I don't know how but somehow I like her songs. I'm not listening to them by choice, but when I hear them I like it. It's just quite uncomplicated pop music, catchy hooks etc. something I missed in mainstream music actually.
              "Lift up your head
              Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

Saving pop music again
                2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

It gets better on every listen, surely this is going to be her next huge hit?

Comment

OK, good, because Freaking Me Out was trash. This is fantastic.

Comment

Like most of Ava Max songs, the remind me of other songs but can't deny this is catchy. For me the songs Keri getting better and better.
                      Ste's Personal Chart 2020

Comment

She’s coming!!
                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

I like this! It's a clear improvement on "Freaking Me Out", though it's not quite as strong as "So Am I" or "Sweet but Psycho".
                          Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [95-91]

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

She’s coming!!
                            "Just put your scissors up 'cause you were torn this way, baby"

Comment

I love it. Pure unashamed glorious pop at its finest. Music video looks like its gonna be fabulous. <3

Comment

She is getting worse by each song. This this nice but that's all I can say about it.
                                Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

I hope this can at least chart somewhere...

Comment

Last edited by JeremySpears; Tue August 27th, 2019, 03:33.

Comment

Comment

song is growing on me but I can´t stop thinking of Lady Gaga when I see her videos!

Comment

I heavily dislike the music video but the song itself is a pop masterpiece! Her best song to date!
                                          Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

The song grew on me, that video is terrible though

Comment

I love the song, I love the video (she looks amazing with dark hair) but... they don't fit together?!

Comment

Joseph Khan has always been hit or miss for me. Usually, he's brilliant but from time to time, it's just getting ridiculous. I don't get this video and it looks horrendous and cheap to me. Poor Ava. I don't think it will turn into boosting sales and streams, tbh.
                                                Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

Video doesn’t fit the song for me.

Comment

hmm the video really doesn't fit the song that much. the idea was probably better than the execution.

the song is still ace
                                                    last.fm

Comment

Joseph Khan is still not over with Toxic, it's the second time he tries to re-create that video and it was a mess... song it's not bad but it's not great tho, the video is a senseless thing.

Comment

Love it, although it reminds me of Madonna's Hung Up (or ABBA's Gimme Gimme Gimme).
                                                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

There are definitely openings for DJs and remixers to mash up Hung Up with Torn. They have similar interpolations pre and post chorus which adds to the song’s appeal.

Overall cool song. Glad to see Ava Max getting her chance to shine and with the video with already a million views after two days that’s a great sign.

Comment

I tried watching the video and stopped half way through. It is Toxic-esque but I hate her hair cut. I HATE IT. The short and straight vs long and messy is......a mess. It's nice little song though.

Comment

Overall I like Ava's output, but something about her image and the way she potrays herself has me a bit confused, something doesn't clicks completely with me. Everything seems to be thought out, but on the other side it doesn't seems like she is completely herself yet, if you get what I mean. I know she only saw big commercial succes recently, but idk, I can't put my finger on it.

I still wish the video for this would have been better, the concept itself isn't too bad (after watching it for a 2nd and 3rd time), but like some others have mentioned, it doesn't really fits the song.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X