Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lana Del Rey - F*ck it, I love you/The Greatest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lana Del Rey - F*ck it, I love you/The Greatest.

Released as a double single and video, Lana has said these are the first official singles from the upcoming album, "Normal F*cking Rockwell!".

"Best new track" by Pitchfork.
    https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/the-greatest/
    Last edited by Hejira; Thu August 22nd, 2019, 22:44.

Comment

The greatest is already my fav track off this era

Comment

Mmm
        Not a fan of either, tbh.
        Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

The Greatest is that bitch
          When we lose what we love
          Don't think anything will ever taste the same
          When we lose what we love
          Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

Originally posted by SawyerHewitt View Post
            Mmm
            Not a fan of either, tbh.
            agreed
            Forever Young

Comment

I like both
              Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Love The Greatest, not fussed over FILY
                last.fm

Comment

Interesting to go with a double video for these two songs. But it doesn't really matter for her I guess, as she's not a singles artist anymore.

Both songs are good on first listen, but at the same time both of them don't make the same impact on me as the four previous singles...

Comment

I love both songs!

Comment

The outro on FIILY is transcendent.

Comment

The Greatest will end up being one of her best songs ever. Love it and I think it’s going to grow on me more and more.

Comment

Good ones, but overrated. Of course, Pitchfork always praises the american acts overwhelmingly
                          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

I love both songs
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

The greatest is #2 on Pitchfork's year end song list.

2. Lana Del Rey: “The Greatest”

On “The Greatest,” the big one—the ultimate disaster—looms large. Civilization teeters toward oblivion, the temperature climbs upward, and Lana Del Rey is our soothsayer. She narrates these end times with a wry resignation that’s nostalgic and tactile, dreamy yet prickly. Pining for Long Beach and a lost lover, missing the music and nightlife of New York, her response to the future is to cling to her past. She’s had a ball, but as she flips through the photo album, she concedes that the culture is a little too lit, that the heat is making her breath feel heavy.

The gut punch of the song is that despite her exhaustion, she sounds fulfilled. There's contentment in her voice as it floats over Jack Antonoff's sour guitar chords and soft keys, as if she’s savoring her just desserts. This isn’t just a character study, though: As one woman's world goes up in smoke, Del Rey zooms out to observe other anguishes: Kanye West is a shadow of himself; Hawaii is panicked by fictional missile strikes; David Bowie’s vision of life on Mars is now being pursued by Elon Musk. As her voice drops to a whisper, she takes in this surreal and depressing panorama—what a truly ludicrous ending, right?—then suddenly she perks up. Why? Because there’s a livestream to watch. The greatest loss of all, it turns out, is our attention spans. –Stephen Kearse
                              https://pitchfork.com/features/lists...st-songs-2019/
                              I have received many gifts from God,
                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

This was always my #1 song this year. It's honestly a defining moment in music.

Comment

Working...
                                X