Camila Cabello - Liar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
    Written by Camila Cabello, Andrew Watt, The Monsters & Strangerz, Ali Tamposi, Ulf Ekberg, Jonas Berggren & Lionel Richie.

I'm guessing Lionel Richie got a credit because of a sample or interpolation as well?
    Beginning of the song sounds like All Night Long, Lionel's one of biggest hits.
    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
      Beginning of the song sounds like All Night Long, Lionel's one of biggest hits.
      That must be it. Honestly the only other song I know by Lionel is Hello, and I wouldn't have known All Night Long was by him if Enrique Iglesias didn't sample it.
      late.

Comment

I like this a catchy pop tune. The better song of the two imo. It has the vibe her hit songs this far had as well. Dunno why they're not pushing this instead
        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

This will be the global smash, just wait and see.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
            I like this a catchy pop tune. The better song of the two imo. It has the vibe her hit songs this far had as well. Dunno why they're not pushing this instead
            It's like the 'OMG'/'Havana' situation again. The label tried to push 'OMG', the general public picked 'Havana'.
            Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
              It's like the 'OMG'/'Havana' situation again. The label tried to push 'OMG', the general public picked 'Havana'.
              Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

I have received many gifts from God,
                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

I'm guessing this smaples All That She Wants by Ace of Base. I like it! I love the horns. I don't know why they are using the double release strategy again. I wonder if it was an artist vs label for the first single type situation and they compromised by relasing both.

Comment

I prefer Shameless but that Ace of Base sample is a surefire hit in the making!
                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

A clear try at Havana 2.0. Didn't like that one, don't like this one.
                      I have received many gifts from God,
                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

This sounds exactly like Calvin Harris' Feels!

Comment

It’s cute but "Shameless" is much better. I don’t like the chorus too much.
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

This is nice!
                            You drew stars around my scars

Comment

Cute but She Loves Control is still miles better

Comment

Like this.
                                Not into Shameless.
                                Just a DEVIANT, PERTURBED, DERANGED, MACABRE, MANIAC, LUNATIC, IRRATIONAL PSYCHO-TO-BE.

Comment

Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                                  Cute but She Loves Control is still miles better
                                  Justice for "She Loves Control"

This is not bad, but I enjoy "Shameless" more after the first spin.

Comment

Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
                                    Apparently this is getting a video as well and both are being sent to Rhythmic, Pop and HAC radio in the US. It’s an odd strategy but I hope it pays off
                                    Have the radios decide what they want to spin more. Will be interesting to see what they choose...

Comment

I love Camila but y'all cannot deny that it was inspired in some way by this gem by MARINA

Comment

Liar sounds like a smash. Instant love for me. <3 Now time to listen to Shameless to see how it compares.

Comment

I think this sounds extremely bad, also very annoying.
                                          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by basticasas View Post
                                            I love Camila but y'all cannot deny that it was inspired in some way by this gem by MARINA
                                            I actually can deny it. ' Liar' easily could have been an outtake from Camila's debut.
                                            Had B-sides still be a thing, it would have been a perfect one to either Havana or even Senorita (if she had released it, instead of Shawn). It would fit pretty well in a medley with Inside Out from her debut aswell

Comment

Kinda like it, kinda blah. Can see it being a hit for her tho.
                                              Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

This is getting the bigger push of the two singles on Spotify and Apple Music in the UK. I wonder if it’ll be the same in the US?
                                                late.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
                                                  This is getting the bigger push of the two singles on Spotify and Apple Music in the UK. I wonder if it’ll be the same in the US?
                                                  Yeah it is on top of the general New Music Friday Spotify (and the one for US) while Shameless is further down. It is also the only song of the two to be on Germany's Playlist and at No.1
                                                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

She also has the cover of New Music Friday here! I really like the chorus; not sure how I feel about the rest of the song yet.

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                      She also has the cover of New Music Friday here! I really like the chorus; not sure how I feel about the rest of the song yet.
                                                      The second half of the song its so good!!

Comment

She has such an incredibly whiny tone and the processing doesn't make it much better.
                                                        "Lift up your head
                                                        Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

The video preview looks amazing, song is still avarage

Comment

Originally posted by Mugen View Post
                                                              Have the radios decide what they want to spin more. Will be interesting to see what they choose...
                                                              Preview looks very Havanah 2.0
                                                              Forever Young

Comment

Working...
                                                              X