Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tove Lo - Really Don't Like U (feat. Kylie Minogue)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tove Lo - Really Don't Like U (feat. Kylie Minogue)

New single, video shot in Prague, out tonight

[MENTION=23320]YouMakeMeFeel[/MENTION] Get ready!!!

Comment

Interesting, will give it a listen
      Follow Me On Instagram

The FIRST user to have a thread beat Mariah on the Ukmix Hot 100

#KING

Comment

hope it's good, Loving Kylie, don't mind Tove
        KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Not even Kylie can make Tove work for me. This is Tove's usual music drivel. Her fans will eat this up. Happy for all 5 of them.
          I have received many gifts from God,
          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
            Not even Kylie can make Tove work for me. This is Tove's usual music drivel. Her fans will eat this up. Happy for all 5 of them.
            bitch tove is a try hard queen, but I've grown from disliking her to loving her for it.

The single works so well for me. The instrumental is hypnotic and their voices blend and contrast so well. The lyrical content really lends itself to a duet.

late.

Comment

Oh, this is weaker than I expected. I thought we could get a pop/dance banger with this and Tove herself (iirc) said that this is different from the other singles so far, so I expected something completely different.

Hopefully a grower...

Comment

Even tho I wanted to wait until album is out since we already have 3 songs, I decided to listen to this, and so far, easily the weakest song of Tove's discography so far... Not even Tove could've gave Kylie one decent song this decade, oh well, at least she will give her streams

It took me 2 minutes to realize that it was Kylie and not autotuned Tove (from glad He's Gone)

Comment

I'm actually enjoying this, don't get the hate!
                  THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

Oh, I love it!

I was so ready [MENTION=35926]Westen[/MENTION]
                    Kylie Minogue, Garbage, Simply Red, Coldplay, U2, Janet Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Tove Lo, Blue October, Godsmack

Comment

Not you acting like Tove is serving basic pop all the time and Kylie is this indie girl with deep lyrics This is not bad but I like GHG and BATB much more tbh
                      aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Like some others here, I love Kylie, but never managed to get into Tove. I expected more of it, but I do love the chorus and the concept of the lyrics. It just doesn't lift off anywhere. It just stays a bit blend. I'll give a few more listens and hope it grows on me.
                        https://www.noratol.com * Music Blog Finalist for a 2019 Infinity Blog Award!

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                          Not you acting like Tove is serving basic pop all the time and Kylie is this indie girl with deep lyrics

Comment

Not you acting like Tove is serving basic pop all the time and Kylie is this indie girl with deep lyrics
                            Not you acting like I said Tove is serving basic pop and Kylie was an indie girl when I never mentioned anything genre related - the specific genre classification has nothing to do with why I don't like Tove's stuff.

Comment

This is Tove's usual music drivel. Her fans will eat this up.
                              This sure made it sound like it though imo they both serve the same - pop music and Kylie is not superior qualitywise just because she was more successful (5fans remark). That you don't like her is fine with me, I just thought you worded it funny.
                              Last edited by BeeBoy; Fri September 6th, 2019, 13:59.
                              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Blahhhh....I expected a club/edm banger. I think I saw it described as that. I'm disappointed...At least it's not in the vein of Kylie's Golden

Comment

This sure made it sound like it though imo they both serve the same - pop music and Kylie is not superior qualitywise just because she was more successful (5fans remark). That you don't like her is fine with me, I just thought you worded it funny.
                                  You can make drivel in any genre though? I don't associate that word with pure pop.

And don't come for Kylie. Her latest output might have not been all aces, but she served so much greatness in 90's and 00's (and being successful has nothing to do with it).

Comment

I love how consistent Tove Lo is with her albums on metacritic

73 Queen of the Clouds
                                    74 Lady Wood
                                    74 Blue Lips

Hopefully Sunshine Kitty delivers too!
                                    Last edited by Westen; Fri September 6th, 2019, 17:41.

Comment

I like it, it's pretty addictive, lol

Comment

You should give her a chance, she makes really good pop, and that’s coming from me who LOATHED her big breakthrough hit. She’s so much better than that!

Kylie’s music could use some cool, fresh fun these days.

Edit: that said, I don’t like this song both of them can do much better.
                                        Last edited by Carbon; Fri September 6th, 2019, 19:43.
                                        last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                                          You should give her a chance, she makes really good pop, and that’s coming from me who LOATHED her big breakthrough hit. She’s so much better than that!
                                          My bf plays Tove from time to time. None of it ever stuck with me. Just comes off as the same sounding continuous bland song. And for some reason the word pretentious constantly floats in front of my eyes when I hear her.

There's much better Scandipop out there.

Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                                          Edit: that said, I don’t like this song both of them can do much better.
                                          Not you trying to get me like Tove in a thread of a song of hers you don't even like.

Comment

Sadly sounds very boring :(
                                            I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Love, Love, Love this track ���������������� ooh yeah baby! X
                                              ❤️I BOW TO THE 💯% QUEEN OF ALL GODDESSES
                                              ❤️xKYLIExKYLIExKYLIExKYLIEx
                                              ❤️(🎶🎶🎤🎧🎤🎶🎶)

Comment

Such a great track!
                                                Chorus is quite catchy

Comment

As much as i enjoyed the track, i didn't love it completely. This would've sounded amazing with a full on euphoric dance beat over the synths.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                                                    As much as i enjoyed the track, i didn't love it completely. This would've sounded amazing with a full on euphoric dance beat over the synths.
                                                    Tove is master at having explosive choruses and adlibs, this is too chill/mellow for her, I expected something huge sounding, and it's just there...

Comment

Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                                      Tove is master at having explosive choruses and adlibs, this is too chill/mellow for her, I expected something huge sounding, and it's just there...
                                                      I kinda wish the production was different, I was waiting for the song to explode :c

Comment

This is awesome!! What the? Why are you all hating on this? Did we listen to the same song?

Nice beat, great production. Mellow and melodic.

Comment

Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                                          This is awesome!! What the? Why are you all hating on this? Did we listen to the same song?

Nice beat, great production. Mellow and melodic.
                                                          Well, it seems to me like Kylie fans love it because they want to forget Golden happened, but Tove's fans don't like it, it doesn't feel like Tove song...

But I'm not worried about the album.

Comment

Originally posted by Westen View Post
                                                            Tove also masters in chill songs with an emotional core such as this, dont ask dont tell and half of the Ladywood album.

Most Tove fans have been responding positively to this track from what Iíve seen.
                                                            late.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X