Charli XCX - 2099 (feat. Troye Sivan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charli XCX - 2099 (feat. Troye Sivan)

Charli XCX has teamed up with Troye Sivan again to release 1999, the closing track from her upcoming self-titled LP and futuristic follow up to the hit single 1999.

The abstract pop number has a music video directed by Bradley & Pablo, and will be the last teaser from Charli’s album before it drops on September 13.
    late.

Oh, will it be a 1999 remix or totally new song?

Comment

It feels like she already released the whole albums by now

Comment

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
          It feels like she already released the whole albums by now
          Same

Comment

I find it underwhelming, feel it could have been a cute interlude

Comment

It could've been longer. It's way better than February 2017 tho. But I hope she doesn't repeat this chorus - verse 1 - chorus - end type of songs!

Comment

I have received many gifts from God,
                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

I'm trying to like this but ...

Comment

Oh what an awful noise... watch Blondini chart this at #1 anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                      Blondini has taste, this is one of Charli’s best songs yet! The production sounds so good on headphones, I love the array of different sonic textures.

This really is the post-apocalyptic doom pop sibling to the imagined nostalgia of 1999.
                      late.

Comment

can't say it's "awful noise", but this sounds kinda a year or two behind the curve
                        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Oh what an awful noise...
                          Have to agree this really didn't click at all. It's like being experimental for the sake of it. *shrugs*

If this is what pop music is supposed to sound like in 2099 then wow the future sounds bleak.

Comment

I appreciate what she was trying to do but it’s a total miss for me

Comment

This is very Pop 2, I think it works very well as an outro.

Comment

This is....interesting.....I usually like "noisy" songs but this isn't clicking just yet. I like the 1st minute and last 30 seconds. Like [MENTION=23048]IVyoncé[/MENTION] said it would have been a nice interlude.

Comment

x2 post
                                  Last edited by dylonj; Wed September 11th, 2019, 17:14.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                                    Have to agree this really didn't click at all. It's like being experimental for the sake of it. *shrugs*

If this is what pop music is supposed to sound like in 2099 then wow the future sounds bleak.
                                    I’m glad I’ll be dead.

Comment

it's a song alright... also a choice
                                      Forever Young

Comment

Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                        it's a song alright... also a choice
                                        It reminds me of imogen heap in parts. Just not in a good way
                                        Love you like a love song!

Comment

This deserves to be listened with good earphones, as the wise sis [MENTION=11491]urbanmusik[/MENTION] said. I couldn't quite make sense of it before giving it the attention it deserves with proper audio equipment.

Comment

Charli is serving in this slick post-apocalyptic style music video while Troye looks mad uncomfortable
                                            late.

Comment

That was the video? This was the idea that Charli had for such a futuristic sounding song?

Kind of sad. What was the budget? 500 dollars?

Comment

Ok. I love this now!

Comment

Nope. #20 and it won't even make my top ten post album purchase - as i've moaned about in her album thread, i like her melodic songs and weird done well like Vroom Vroom and Trophy i love. This basically has no melody at all but the production is what makes it.

Cross You Out would be a much better video choice. And this isn't even a radio single, it's just a grat that has had the honour of a video made for it. Sivan is clearly a bigger draw for the masses than Ferreira.

Video is quite good if a little non-relevant. I still don't know why it's called 2099 other than to link it to the other song. What's "post-apocalyptic" about the video? In an apocalypse there wouldn't be an ocean to ride a jetski on! There's no indication at all that this is a futuristic setting.
                                                  Last edited by Blondini; Wed September 18th, 2019, 15:01.
                                                  Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (1st August 20) - Black Honey, Sylvan Esso, Flock Of Dimes, Zella Day, Tate McRae, Hurts, Wye Oak, Shlohmo, Sody and Cavetown, Billie Eilish, Kate Rusby, Tim Arnold, Taylor Swift, The Naked and Famous, John Foxx and The Maths, Clan Of Xymox, Dolly Parton, Jessy Lanza, Seasick Steve...

Comment

Charli is really giving face in the video, her acting is probably the best thing for it. Don't care so much for the rest.

The song is still fire tho!

Comment

This is so futuristic, love it. Pretty pretty unique.

Comment

gets boring real quick
                                                        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

I still love this!

Comment

I really tried to give this song a try. I really did. I just can't. I don't think it sounds good. I don't get how anyone can enjoy it. I expected so much better from Charli
                                                            Love you like a love song!

Comment

Working...
                                                            X