• Show
Clear All

• Celine Dion - Lying Down

Not that great, but I still like it.

Sounds exactly like all Sia songs

Comment

The best new song. Love it!

But it really does sound a lot like other Sia songs lol
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Love it~~~
        http://weibo.com/celinedionchina
        http://www.celinecn.com

Comment

"Lying Down"

Oh I didn't mean to fall in deep
          But I've no regrets
          You tried to push me down, you tried to keep me possessed

I gave you my heart, you took the key
          But now I paid my debt
          It's time I left

And I don't need someone who makes me feel so bad
          And I've just enough left to help me pack my bags
          Yes I have found something I thought I lost
          I found me, I found faith, I found trust

You can't take this from me
          Can't you see I won't take this lying down
          And I can hear you when you speak your poison
          Bitter words can't hurt me now, I won't take it lying down

All it takes is one bold move to change everything
          All it takes is loving you to forget, forgive
          But I'm having some kind of breakthrough
          I'm ready to live

And I don't need someone who makes me feel so bad
          And I've just enough left to help me pack my bags
          Yes I have found something I thought I lost
          I found me, I found faith, I found trust

I won't take it lying down

http://weibo.com/celinedionchina
          http://www.celinecn.com

Comment

I mean Celine sings beautifully, but yeah it is basically just a re-recorded Sia song.

Comment

Who cares if it sounds like Sia. This sounds amazing and i love the chord structure. Then Céline hits you with the powerhouse chorus. <3

Comment

Argh, this is so awesome!

Very Sia-esqe but brilliant all the same.

Comment

A very strong song.

Comment

This is really good.

Comment

This is the song she sung on the Carpool Karaoke with James Corden???? I'm loving it so much!

Comment

Those vocals
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

This is so good and the best of the recently 3 released songs. I really like it.
                          Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

I like the song. It’s heavy but also you must also be aware of its context: she is still dealing and overcoming Rene’s death.

Like the song. I miss IACBTMN, TTWII, ND etc poppy songs but this is good.

Comment

Really surprised that David Guetta was behind this one... IT'S AMAZING!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by basticasas View Post
                                Really surprised that David Guetta was behind this one... IT'S AMAZING!!!!!
                                I'd imagine the original sounded more like She wolf (falling to pieces) and they gave the song a total makeover into a dark dramatic ballad.

I'm loving this song so much. <3

Comment

Originally posted by JakeP View Post
                                  I'd imagine the original sounded more like She wolf (falling to pieces) and they gave the song a total makeover into a dark dramatic ballad.

I'm loving this song so much. <3
                                  That's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that he was behind this!

Comment

Originally posted by basticasas View Post
                                    This is the song she sung on the Carpool Karaoke with James Corden???? I'm loving it so much!
                                    Indeed, the song that they sang with James Corden at 10:40 on the show:

Comment

Lying Down has been added to the A-list of this week BBC 2 playlist !
                                      And it is the Record of the Week :-)
                                      Hope it will help the streaming of the song.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...music-playlist

https://twitter.com/BBCRadio2/status...11216217219073
                                      Last edited by Critiaslux; Sun October 20th, 2019, 13:22.

Comment

Usually it does nothing for the song though, they should keep sending singles to Radio 2 once the album is released, it'll keep the album stable at least.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Ohh so does this mean the record label are promoting this as a single? It was by far the track that had the most impact on me when i first gave the song a listen. I'm ready for the dark, moody and atmospheric music video to accompany this track. <3

Comment

Ohh so does this mean the record label are promoting this as a single? It was by far the track that had the most impact on me when i first gave the song a listen. I'm ready for the dark, moody and atmospheric music video to accompany this track. <3
                                            This is my understanding as this song would be playing on Finnish radio too (I have to retrieve the link)

Regarding the MV Celine explained a bit of the concept in one of her ET interview 😉

Comment

I want this as a single cause IT'S EPIC

Comment

By far my fave of the three new songs. The others are nice but not that exciting. This is the Celine that I fell in love with.

Comment

Review of the song from Idolator:

https://www.idolator.com/7901143/alb...w-all&chrome=1

04. Lying Down

The dream team of David Guetta, Giorgio Tuinfort and Sia came together to create “Lying Down.” Of the album’s three lead singles, this is arguably the least engaging. It’s not as innovative as “Imperfections” or as affecting as “Courage.” However, if you’re looking for a power ballad with an unexpected electro twist, this is the song for you. Not only that, but “Lying Down” is an act of defiance. It’s about pulling yourself together and moving forward even though every molecule of your being wants to throw in the towel. For that, if no other reason, it earns its spot on the album.

Comment

Maybe it was too ahead of its time for certain people?
                                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

sorry i know nobody has touched this topic in 2 months, but i also have to PRAISE this song too!! i think the song "lying down", (as well as the whole "COURAGE" album,) is the BEST ever!! i can not understand why this song, & celines new album, is being ignored like it is, i think it is some of celines BEST WORK ever & it is MUCH BETTER than most of the "popular" music today!!!!!!

Comment

hi there, speaking of the "supposed" music video of this song, do you or anybody else know what has happened to it?????? the "courage" album has been out for over a month now, & the music videos for "imperfections" & "courage" had been released... but still nothing for "lying down"...

but WHAT ABOUT "LYING DOWN"?? will it EVER be released, or just LOCKED away in the vault?? & do we know if there was even supposed to be a music video for this song (or is it just another celine internet rumor)?? thanks

Comment

Love this song! I didn't expect to love this album so much!

Comment

Very Sia but very good, this was a strong era for her.

Comment

Working...
                                                            X