october 11

that would probably put you on the a-list
    that would probably get you on them playlists
    stop you being so damn underrated
    what's going on, joanna?

late.

Where are you getting this nugget?

Comment

Some lyrics has been added to Genius.com, FINALLY JOANNA IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK AND SHE WILL SLAY US

Comment

YES.

Comment

JoJo - Joanna

We go back a long time
          I've been writing with you since day one
          Oh I remember when we were just kids
          You were singing, winning, young and innocent
          But they say
          Do you really sound the same?
          Do you still have the same range
          That you did when you were 14, girl
          I don't really know
          You should date somebody famous

That would probably put you on the A-list
          That would probably get you on them playlists
          Stop you being so damn underrated
          What is going on, Joanna?
          What is going on, Joanna?

You peaked
          Sorry to kick deep, but
          [?]
          It must be something that you did
          Did go and have somebody's kid
          You shouldn't even go that high
          Why can't you just play your part
          Speaking of which, where did you acting go?
          You were supposed to be somebody
          You were supposed to make more money
          Make us proud
          Nobody likes you in Massachusetts

Lyrics are deep.

Comment

Yes mama I can't waaaaiiiiittttt

Comment

Yaas bring it on

Comment

SO SO SO EXCITED FOR THIS
                Slay JoJo

Comment

Go Jo! Here for this. It's overdue.
                  One life with one dream on repeat

Comment

Originally posted by solitaire View Post
                    Go Jo! Here for this. It's overdue.
                    So excited
                    Love you like a love song!

Comment

We need to stream the hell outta this! JoJo needs us!!!!

Comment

I love this.Great re-introduction track. Ready to see what more she has in store.
                        It gives me a more polished Agape vibe, lyrically honest like Back2thebeginning and that background guitar is great.
                        'Joanna' be the perfect intro to a project, wouldn't be suprised if we found out her next album is selftitled as in 'Joanna'

Comment

Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                          I love this.Great re-introduction track. Ready to see what more she has in store.
                          It gives me a more polished Agape vibe, lyrically honest like Back2thebeginning and that background guitar is great.
                          'Joanna' be the perfect intro to a project, wouldn't be suprised if we found out her next album is selftitled as in 'Joanna'
                          I’m obsessed with Agape. This excites me. That wouldn’t be a bad album title either

Comment

The snippet sounds boring
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

I'm not sure what she's trying to do here? Having listened, I'm getting title-track-for-forthcoming-mixtape kinda vibes.....which I'm cool with if that is the case and there is an incoming project about to drop. But as a standalone single, keep it.

I'm sure this is the intro/title track to the new mixtape/EP though. And when she ends the song with "you should just hurry up and drop your new sh*t"..it feels like the perfect segway for track no. 2 and a bunch of new songs. 18th Oct, speaking it into existence
                              Last edited by MusicJunk90; Fri October 11, 2019, 01:55.

Comment

Definitely not a bad song. Just a little uneventful and short. Could’ve been a good intro. I love the lyrics.
                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Nooooooo Jojo what in the Ed Sheeran leftover is this?

Comment

What a great song and taste for whats about to come next!
                                    And for all the naysayers, those lyrics are for you

Comment

This isn't the lead single obviously, just a little clap back to the haters to say hi, i'm back.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                                        Ed Sheeran couldn't serve what JoJo does, even if his life depended on it.

Comment

Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                                          Ed Sheeran couldn't serve what JoJo does, even if his life depended on it.
                                          I mean sonically obviously, not lyrically & vocally.

Comment

Don't you ever try to compare the vocalist of our generation to that overrated shit

Comment

I mean sonically obviously, not lyrically & vocally.
                                              Sonically???? You must be hearing things. The guitar on this track is nothing like the tone of guitar Ed would ever use. I'm getting way more lo-fi R&B vibes (Steve Lacy/Ravyn Lavae etc) from the instrumentation, Ed Sheeran could never.

Anyways, I love this track. It's such a good introduction (and re-introduction I guess). The perfect sequel to Back2thebeggingagain.

late.

Comment

[MENTION=17768]abi[/MENTION] what did you take??
                                                Ed Sheeran? This is soulful. And brilliant.
                                                I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                                I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

her voice reminds me jessica mauboy. 2 underrateds

Comment

She delivered, once again. I love the song, such a smart & great intro to the new era.

Comment

Ok this is great! Love the guitar.
                                                      last.fm

Comment

She sounds too nasal, like she’s struggling to sing. But I understand her voice has matured since her debut.
                                                        This song is just cheap. Good instrumentation but it just sounds mixtapish.
                                                        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

She has a song coming with Dianne Warren, Diane knows how to write a good song so there will be some tunes on the new album for sure.

Comment

Tbh this is the best thing she’s ever done. Love the production, structure, LYRICS, ...

I hope it gets some minor recognition at least.
                                                            last.fm

Comment

Working...
                                                            X