Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PabloS View Post
    thanks for the comparision.
    Tho, being fair, comparing Harry to his team mates.... its like apple and oranges. Harry right now is much more mainstream than his 1d mates. (I havent even watched 1 single video of any of them to this day lol).

and the level of success of Sign of the times alone puts him on another league. Thats why Im kind of surprised this new single isnt bigger yet (tho its a whole different sound, tho I understand why)
    Well the irony is that especially Liam is the actual one with the most mainstream trendchasing sound and isn't even able to get above the 10 milion views after a month. Harry obvious has more popularity than his peers, but his style of music is def. not the most mainstream, when we compare it to a Shawn Mendes, Justin Bieber or Ed Sheeran so he does decent enough in this day and age. Also none of the 1D guys release really interesting videos, so for some of their videos I am pretty suprised by the views since it is basically based on the fans views basically, since a lot of them have hardly replay value.

Comment

thanks for the comparision.
      Tho, being fair, comparing Harry to his team mates.... its like apple and oranges. Harry right now is much more mainstream than his 1d mates. (I havent even watched 1 single video of any of them to this day lol).

and the level of success of Sign of the times alone puts him on another league. Thats why Im kind of surprised this new single isnt bigger yet (tho its a whole different sound, tho I understand why)
      Well the irony is that especially Liam is the actual one with the most mainstream trendchasing sound and isn't even able to get above the 10 milion views after a month. Harry obvious has more popularity than his peers, but his style of music is def. not the most mainstream, when we compare it to a Shawn Mendes, Justin Bieber or Ed Sheeran so he does decent enough in this day and age. Also none of the 1D guys release really interesting videos, so for some of their videos I am pretty suprised by the views since it is basically based on the fans views basically, since a lot of them have hardly replay value.

Comment

I think both Strip That Down and Slow Hands ended up being bigger hits than Sign Of The Times on a worldwide scale, but Harry Styles certainly gets a lot more media attention than the others, which maybe gives the impression that it was more successful than it was.

He is certainly in a different league in terms of record deals, and it's clear his label has invested a lot in launching this song. It might be more useful to compare how his streaming numbers are tracking against other artists who have had the label clout to make a big first week impression.

Comment

Originally posted by dkl View Post
          I think both Strip That Down and Slow Hands ended up being bigger hits than Sign Of The Times on a worldwide scale, but Harry Styles certainly gets a lot more media attention than the others, which maybe gives the impression that it was more successful than it was.

He is certainly in a different league in terms of record deals, and it's clear his label has invested a lot in launching this song. It might be more useful to compare how his streaming numbers are tracking against other artists who have had the label clout to make a big first week impression.
          In all honesty Sign Of The Times did pretty great for a song of that genre in the commercial landscape of today. I mean even though Liam maybe had a bigger 'hit' with STD because it is aimed to be streamed, he still didn't got his label confident enough to release a debut album, and now it ends up as bonustrack on his debut released 2 years later.

Comment

The whole thing with Harry Styles does feel quite artificial to me. It's like the media has decided that Harry will be the most successful one and the public just lap up whatever the media throws at them, rather than thinking for themselves.

Not suggesting Lights up is crap, i actually think it's a decent song but i still genuinely think Niall's latest effort is so much better by comparison.

As for Liam, he teamed up with Ed Sheeran and plagiarised Same old love by Selena Gomez and people wonder why Liam is struggling? I mean, Selena's new single will probably overtake Liam's latest YouTube views in 24-48 hours.

Then there's Louis. Bless his cotton socks.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeP View Post
              The whole thing with Harry Styles does feel quite artificial to me. It's like the media has decided that Harry will be the most successful one and the public just lap up whatever the media throws at them, rather than thinking for themselves.

Not suggesting Lights up is crap, i actually think it's a decent song but i still genuinely think Niall's latest effort is so much better by comparison.

As for Liam, he teamed up with Ed Sheeran and plagiarised Same old love by Selena Gomez and people wonder why Liam is struggling? I mean, Selena's new single will probably overtake Liam's latest YouTube views in 24-48 hours.

Then there's Louis. Bless his cotton socks.
              I love both Niall's and Harry's latest effort. Commercially Niall is more succesfull than Harry overall imo. But both Harry and Niall are the only ones from 1D who actually build an overall career consisting out of music and touring.

Comment

Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                I love both Niall's and Harry's latest effort. Commercially Niall is more succesfull than Harry overall imo. But both Harry and Niall are the only ones from 1D who actually build an overall career consisting out of music and touring.
                Harry has also added actor to his cv whilst Niall has done a great deal for golf (boring sport imo but whatever floats your boat ).

Either way there's no denying Harry and Niall are both comfortably the two most successful guys from One Direction.

Comment

This song is fairly forgettable.
                  See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                  See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

Strip That Down bigger than Sign of the Times?
                    SOTT will be a staple in the long run and will keep being played, while the other two songs no one remembers anymore (to be honest I don't think I've ever heard Slow Hands, maybe on the radio). But check the streams. Sign Of the Times is above 1B combining YouTube and Spotify. The other two are yet to reach that. Plus it's the least commercial sound.

Harry had the biggest hit, and the only one that will have any replay value for the next years.
                    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                      Strip That Down bigger than Sign of the Times?
                      SOTT will be a staple in the long run and will keep being played, while the other two songs no one remembers anymore (to be honest I don't think I've ever heard Slow Hands, maybe on the radio). But check the streams. Sign Of the Times is above 1B combining YouTube and Spotify. The other two are yet to reach that. Plus it's the least commercial sound.

Harry had the biggest hit, and the only one that will have any replay value for the next years.
                      You're absolutely correct. If you choose to only look at a very specific set of statistics which suit your argument, you could claim that Sign of the Times is the biggest hit. If you base your claim only on your own personal experience of what you personally hear, you could claim that Sign of the Times is played the most. But if you look at the broader numbers which charts and certifications are based on, it's far from the biggest hit. Each to their own, I guess. I'll stick with the less subjective measures.

Comment

Last edited by dkl; Mon October 21st, 2019, 12:50. Reason: Deleting double post

Comment

Are we going to forget about Zayn?
                          Forever Young

Comment

You're absolutely correct. If you choose to only look at a very specific set of statistics which suit your argument, you could claim that Sign of the Times is the biggest hit. If you base your claim only on your own personal experience of what you personally hear, you could claim that Sign of the Times is played the most. But if you look at the broader numbers which charts and certifications are based on, it's far from the biggest hit. Each to their own, I guess. I'll stick with the less subjective measures.
                            Less subjective matters? The number of times a song is streamed is not objective to you?

Comment

Slow hands beats any other 1d solo single hands down. It's a banging tune.

I don't personally care who's 'bigger' what does it matter if you like the music. It's a pointless discussion. Like who actually gives a crap if SOTT is the biggest 1D solo song. Smh.
                              Love you like a love song!

Comment

He's big enough to debut at #17 on Hot 100 this week. And the song is not on the radio yet.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                  He's big enough to debut at #17 on Hot 100 this week. And the song is not on the radio yet.

decent debut
                                  Forever Young

Comment

I totally forgot Pillow talk.

That and Sign of the times are, to me, the most stand out tracks from 1D members. at least from my experience with radio/tv/quality and the like.

Comment

I'm starting to really like this. Such a mellow song.
                                      Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

I think it's a real grower, I like that he did something unexpected and not trend following.
                                        1 pnau |2 Gabrielle Aplin |3 Dotter|4 Sofi Tukker |5 Afrojack

Comment

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

How is this performing in the US now? It's such a great track it deserves more than what it's getting.
                                            thank u, next

Comment

I really, really fancy him. like, I just find him to be really hot.

And this is also a brilliant song.

Comment

This is probably the pop song of the year for me. It's brilliant.

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Another great performance, I love this song!

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                                        This is probably the pop song of the year for me. It's brilliant.
                                                        Don't Start Now and Adore You exist tho.

Though I have a feeling Future Nostalgia (the song) which is dropping this Friday will slay both of these.
                                                        COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                          X