No announcement yet.

Dua Lipa - Don’t Start Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this paying back all the TV. Promo slots it's getting?

Comment

• Originally posted by jpguy View Post
      Is this paying back all the TV. Promo slots it's getting?
      How are we suppoed to know, we aren't accountants at Warner.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
        How are we suppoed to know, we aren't accountants at Warner.
        lol...I thought they meant in terms of radio/chart success. lol

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Ugh...more times than not she goes slightly flat on "all" during the line "I'm not where you left me at all" and I annoys the heck out of me. I actually prefer her performances without the dancers. Those backup singers are great! Dua is definitely getting better!

Comment

• Due Lippa tho

Another slay performance tho

Comment

• the staging looks like something for a song that finishes around 20th place at the Eurovision
                Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                  the staging looks like something for a song that finishes around 20th place at the Eurovision
                  Well this is like the 69th performance so they are running out of payola funds

At least the performance was yet another serve and she looks snatchedT af as per usual

Comment

Well this is like the 69th performance so they are running out of payola funds
                    And it's still not hit the #1 spot even in the UK...Next single better be more successful.

Comment

And it's still not hit the #1 spot even in the UK...Next single better be more successful.
                      It went to #1 in Ireland. (that's still a #1 don't knock it )

Comment

Due Lippa tho
                        I had to start the video again because I wasn't sure if I heard it right.

Originally posted by heppolo View Post
                        the staging looks like something for a song that finishes around 20th place at the Eurovision
                        I disagree. The staging might be the best so far for this song. It's simple and effective and the shadows make for a very cool effect. This is something Robyn would turn into a head popping performance. But DL ain't no Robyn. And Dua has been looking progressively bored with these dance moves since the EMA's.
                        I have received many gifts from God,
                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• That live arrangement is EVERYTHING

Comment

• the Ellen performance was nice. Kudos to Dua! Maybe in a few years she will completely win me over and I will be part of The Lips (or whatever her stans are called).

Comment

8 weeks in the top 5 is nothing to be sniffed at, it’s been huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                  This. Loads of acts would die for these results

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                    these days a Lewis Capaldi song could spend a year in the top 5 and who is Lewis Capaldi really (besides some funny youtube videos)?

Comment

these days a Lewis Capaldi song could spend a year in the top 5 and who is Lewis Capaldi really (besides some funny youtube videos)?
                                      But what does it matter? At the end of the day most people look at the peaks and a #2 is still a #2. She earns most money with touring anyways and aslong as she gets a nice streak of top 5-10 hits, she will be more than fine. It's all about longtivity.

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                                        But what does it matter? At the end of the day most people look at the peaks and a #2 is still a #2. She earns most money with touring anyways and aslong as she gets a nice streak of top 5-10 hits, she will be more than fine. It's all about longtivity.
                                        It depends, Biebers of all the world (and their major labels) still want #1s. And it's not easy to get a streak of hits for third-fourth single of the album. In the U.S., she's yet to have another top 10 hit.

Comment

It depends, Biebers of all the world (and their major labels) still want #1s. And it's not easy to get a streak of hits for third-fourth single of the album. In the U.S., she's yet to have another top 10 hit.
                                          Well if her label was worried about (US) #1s they would have been a little more strict ever since New Rules. One Kiss and Electricity made an impact worldwide but didn't go near the top 10 in the US at all. IDGAF same story. It is pretty hard for a UK act to get a long streak of hits in the US. If she keeps getting global top 5 and top 10 hits and is able to tour, I think she will be fine in the long run. She had a massive amount of streams for her debut, even for the songs that didn't reached the top spot, which probably gathers more revenue than some of the short lived #1s of the past few years did for some acts.

Comment

• At the end of the day, there are extremely successful acts like Kylie and Robbie Williams who prove that one can have a great career despite not being big in US. I'm sure Dua will be fine.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• @heppolo has such high standards for Dua but when it comes to his own faves he is satisfied if 10 people know they exist ( hint: the 10 people don't know his faves exist).

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                At the end of the day, there are extremely successful acts like Kylie and Robbie Williams who prove that one can have a great career despite not being big in US. I'm sure Dua will be fine.
                                                Dua is successful in the US tho. DSN will become a top 10 hit there in the coming weeks and it is gonna have amazing longevity in the top 10 thanks to consistent radio airplay.

Comment

@heppolo has such high standards for Dua but when it comes to his own faves he is satisfied if 10 people know they exist ( hint: the 10 people don't know his faves exist).
                                                  Dua's label spends millions on her promotion, not cents. It's the return on investment that matters. And Dua's glossy popworld demands hits, the world of my faves pursues obscurity and experimentalism at all costs to sneer at those pesky one-track minded fans of anything popular.
                                                  Once again, clout chasing is the reason the world has to deal with Trump and Boris Johnson. I'd rather have every popstar/hip-hop/trap star crawl into deliberately chasing complexity, obscurity and subsequent starvation from being penniless.

Comment

Dua is successful in the US tho. DSN will become a top 10 hit there in the coming weeks and it is gonna have amazing longevity in the top 10 thanks to consistent radio airplay.
                                                    still #21 only despite immense marketing push. Maybe they should work on TikTok/instagram marketing more to make it a viral "Dance Monkey" thing.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X