Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kesha - Raising Hell (feat. Big Freedia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I first heard the song it felt a bit off for me. Just like "Die Young", it has a chorus that feels like it's building towards something huge but then it goes to a dance break kind of part which doesn't deliver upon the chorus promise. It took me a while to get used to that with DY. But I didn't fully start to appreciate this track until I heard it on my headphones - the organ part is sooo god. Love me some organ.

And I think the lyrics are unabashedly Kesha. Fun, balls to the wall, party Kesha. I like how she twists religious things towards "no shame, **** off" situations. It's very much Animal+Cannibal Kesha in lyrics but Rainbow Kesha when i comes to instruments used.

After a couple of days I think this is a good track. It does feel underdeveloped and short (thank you streaming for this trend!), but as a taste of things to come I'm pretty good on what Kesha delivered with this one.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Comment

This is trash and not at all catchy
        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

OMG this song actually is a grower and does well live
          Forever Young

Comment

LOVVVVEEEE THIS SONG!! So happy Kesha is BACK and better than ever! The song is an explosive banger, and sends you straight to the dancefloor! So happy we get an upbeat catchy pop number rather than every song sounding the same at the moment, good
            move on Kesha! Loved this performance, and hope it debuts on the Hot 100, I have a feeling she may perform at the American Music Awards. I mean she’s performed there before, so let’s see!

Comment

When unfinished demos like the new Travis Scott song can debut at #1 and songs like this may not even chart you know music is in trouble.

Comment

^ So true and so sad tbh

Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                OMG this song actually is a grower and does well live
                Agreed! The song has been stuck in my head for the last two days out of a sudden plus she actually delivered a great live performance.

A shame she has no support from Spotify...

Comment

This is a grower and is a better song than a recently released uptempo from a certain artist.
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

God lord; was this all live??? She performed it beyond perfection! I love the song even more now.
                    Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

I can not get the 'ohhh mama raised me well. I don't want to go to heaven without raising hell' out of my head
                      Love you like a love song!

Comment

That live was performance was really REALLY good! I was impressed. I love the song now.

Comment

This song is definitely in my Top 3 fave this entire year. Ke$ha is certainly back. Haven’t gotten sick of it yet, I’ve been playing it so much. We need some good kick ass remixes.

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Hopefully this helps. Just shows if you don't have Spotify in your corner you ain't going nowhere. It's sad.

Though has this even been sent to radio???

Tonight does sound like it's gonna be a party banger though so maybe that will do something.

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Comment

Another stellar vocal performance. This song is just too fun. But watching Dua's performance and this - the camerawork is terrible on AMA's.

Comment

The annoying thing about award shows these days is that they focus way too much on fan/celebrity reaction! Anyway, this was a great performance, Kesha always delivered live!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Her best song in ages!
                                            Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Unfortunately, this doesn't do anything for me

Comment

Same. Terrible songs so far.

Comment

Comment

mess
                                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                    X