Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by abi View Post
    Hopefully she's about to pull a Dua Lipa tomorrow at the AMA's with her stage presence because I'm still not sold on this song, or even the other one.
    Is Dua Lipa known for her stage presence?

The performance is gonna be interesting if she sings this live and let’s me honest, the whispers will not go far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

The performance is gonna be interesting if she sings this live and let’s me honest, the whispers will not go far.
      Dua slayed the stage at the MTV ema's. That said, Lose you to love me isn't exactly a song that works with loads of backing dancers and choreography so who knows how the performance will go.

Comment

I was referring specifically to her EMA's performance where she surprised everybody with her upgraded stage presence & choreography considering she had been mocked for the lack of it for years.

Comment

I was referring specifically to her EMA's performance where she surprised everybody with her upgraded stage presence & choreography considering she had been mocked for the lack of it for years.
          I didn’t watch them, I’ll have to give it a look.

Comment

• ^You should! She really surprised me with that.

Comment

• Fingers crossed she improved her stage presence and slays this performance. Unfortunately, I'm worried that this won't be the case...

This and "Look At Her Now" are not bad, but definitely far from her best ones. Getting her first #1 with this was more because the timing was right and she deserved a #1 at this point, and less because of the song being that good.

I hope there's more to come!

Comment

• Y’all are worried about her stage presence when in 2015 she gave us this slayage at the AMAs

Michael‘s and Janet‘s yonger sister
                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                  Y’all are worried about her stage presence when in 2015 she gave us this slayage at the AMAs

Michael‘s and Janet‘s yonger sister
                  I (usually) stan for Selena, but this is just completely delusional

Though yes, this is one of her best performances and she really had stage presence there. If just her vocals were better...

Comment

• Rough night for Selena

Not a single word was on key.

Comment

• And?

Keep on slaying Queen
                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• The AMAs performance was...something
                        See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• I feel like the fans are always giving Selena excuses for her singing ability due to her personal issues, but let's just admit that homegirl really can't sing.

Comment

I feel like the fans are always giving Selena excuses for her singing ability due to her personal issues, but let's just admit that homegirl really can't sing.
                            ok

So people who were in the arena say that she didn’t sound as bad as she did on TV. It’s a conspiracy theory that I am actually interested in.

Comment

ok

So people who were in the arena say that she didn’t sound as bad as she did on TV. It’s a conspiracy theory that I am actually interested in.
                              WOW!!!!, that's a blind Stan right there.

Sis sounded dreadful, they didn't made her sound that way, that's just how she sounds.

Comment

• Well that was a catastrophe.

Comment

ok

What will be the excuse when fan recordings from inside the venue showcases the same out of key vocals?
                                  She's never been a great singer.
                                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• The irony of the "off key in my chorus " lyric when she was off key the whole song
                                    Forever Young

Comment

• She was never a great singer in the first place so i don't get the meltdowns. Still, she should've performed something uptempo with a little choreo.
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                        She was never a great singer in the first place so i don't get the meltdowns. Still, she should've performed something uptempo with a little choreo.
                                        Did you even watch her performance before commenting? She also did the other single with a little choreo and some Britney-esque hand movements here and there but it was actually enjoyable! The production's really nice as well.

Comment

Did you even watch her performance before commenting? She also did the other single with a little choreo and some Britney-esque hand movements here and there but it was actually enjoyable! The production's really nice as well.
                                          I haven't yet
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Sis sounded dreadful, they didn't made her sound that way, that's just how she sounds.
                                            The audio thing was actually explainable and doesn't have to do with conspiracy theories whatsoever.

Most of the times singers sing along to backing tracks during award show performances. When they aired the performance on TV, they usually had to turn down some mic feed to avoid hearing the audience being too loud. In Selena's case, she's probably singing along to pre-recorded track live hence why people said she sounded good inside the venue. On TV, they probably had to lower down the backing track volume to mute the crowd.

It's a very common thing actually. Another example, I remember they had to mute Nicki's live vocals during her BET Awards performance of "My Chick Bad" because the crowd was screaming so it looks like she's lipsync-ing on TV.

Comment

• I wasn’t expecting vocals from Selena, but I didn’t think they’d be that bad. Nearly spat out my water when I watched it .

She’s got the vocal ability of Britney and the rhythm of Mariah.
                                              late.

Comment

• The central theme of this performance was build around the lyric
                                                Sang off-key in my chorus

Comment

• She is not a very good singer, and she could not find the key. It happens, but it was painful to watch.
                                                  I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                                  I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

The audio thing was actually explainable and doesn't have to do with conspiracy theories whatsoever.

Most of the times singers sing along to backing tracks during award show performances. When they aired the performance on TV, they usually had to turn down some mic feed to avoid hearing the audience being too loud. In Selena's case, she's probably singing along to pre-recorded track live hence why people said she sounded good inside the venue. On TV, they probably had to lower down the backing track volume to mute the crowd.

It's a very common thing actually. Another example, I remember they had to mute Nicki's live vocals during her BET Awards performance of "My Chick Bad" because the crowd was screaming so it looks like she's lipsync-ing on TV.
                                                    Wouldn't the same thing affect everyone else though?
                                                    I have received many gifts from God,
                                                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Working...
                                                    X