Selena Gomez - Lose You To Love Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #5 on Entertainment Weekly‘s list of the best songs of 2019:

Both a brutal diss track (if there aren’t actual scorch marks on Justin Bieber’s body, it’s only because he was already wearing Kevlar) and an almost spiritual hymn of self-renewal, Selena Gomez‘s “Lose You” landed like a stealth bombshell in late autumn, the kind of quietly pretty ballad that sinks its hooks in deep and stays there. Yes, the sentiment was unsparingly pointed (“Set fires to my forest, and you let it burn/ Sang off-key in my chorus, cuz it wasn’t yours”) but more than any marker for the end of yet another celebrity portmanteau — farewell forever, Jelena! — the song felt like a bracing breath of air for anyone who has ever loved and lost and found themselves again. —LG
    https://ew.com/music/2019/12/20/best-songs-of-2019/
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Relevant Queen.
      Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• I love the song it is amazing, she's never been good live though. She has grest marketing and producers though. Disposable pop puppet with catchy tunes and a failed relationship to Bieber. People are kind to her because she had a transplant and lupus.

Comment

• I think it's because she relates with her fans more than ever. It's crazy though that she never got a huge backlash with how bad she is as a performer.

Comment

• I've never been a Selena Gomez fan but I don't get why some people here had so many issues with this song when it came out. It's by far the best I've listened by Selena Gomez, easily her most honest song with subtle melodies, deep and poignany lyrics, she really deserved to be #1 with this song.

.. For the first time ever Selena has a song that I truly like.
            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncι . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Her power
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• What a song !

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by jpguy View Post
                    I love the song it is amazing, she's never been good live though. She has grest marketing and producers though. Disposable pop puppet with catchy tunes and a failed relationship to Bieber. People are kind to her because she had a transplant and lupus.
                    I mean...

can't say you're lying.

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• #1 on US pop radio.

Comment

• Happy for her even though this bores me to death and skip it on the album
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                We* meaning Julia wrote everything by herself and then Selena recorded her chipmunk whisper "vocals" over it.
                                BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

We* meaning Julia wrote everything by herself and then Selena recorded her chipmunk whisper "vocals" over it.
                                  Sure Jan.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Heard this on the radio in a taxi yesterday. Haven't really heard in for some time as I kept skipping it going through "Rare". I still appreciate what she was going for with it, but the song still didn't click with me and is probably my least favorite single of hers ever.

Comment

• Selegend is coming for blood

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

• They did not lie.

Comment

• The 7 biggest snubs of the 2020 VMAs nominations

Selena Gomez's "Lose You to Love Me" should have been nominated for video of the year.

‪When Selena Gomez finally returned to music last year, she topped the Billboard Hot 100 with a low-tempo breakup ballad and reasserted herself as a powerful pop force.‬

‪The understated music video for "Lose You to Love Me" quickly became a cultural touchstone, as it underscored the song's emotional tone and empowering theme. It was gracefully subtle, raw, and cathartic.‬

‪"Lose You to Love Me" did not receive one measly nomination, however.‬

‪Instead, Gomez's most recent single, "Boyfriend," was nominated for best art direction.‬

‪One has to wonder whether everyone who works at MTV got amnesia at the same time and completely forgot "Lose You to Love Me" exists. It's the only reasonable explanation.‬
                                                    https://www.insider.com/vmas-2020-no...t-snubs-2020-7

Comment

Working...
                                                    X